Symmetra Restoration Challenge Teaser Tweet revealing possible upcoming MAP!

Nah the True Enemy here is “Sloth”.

1 Like

Yah but we have seen them “tease” stuff before long before it gets released…

I remember when busan came out people discovered that a portion of that map had been used in prior years New Years announcements…

This could very well be a new map

Then again it might not be anything also :sweat_smile:

I agree with this because the made the underwater background to promote Hammond submarine

…How so? There are literal datamined sound files for an under water map. It’s probably coming in OW2 release, you know, when we are getting the new maps?

1 Like

It makes sense but since Paris and HLC are out of map pool they maybe just want to add a map

Tinfoil hat time

Event is called “Restoration”

Ayutthaya is half in ruins, it doesn’t make sense for only one half of it to decay unless for some odd reason a caretaker only maintained one half of it - hence, it’s being “restored”

>_>

could just be a corner of one of the OW2 new maps, as a background. Or a paris/hlc change that they discarded. Probably not a new map if we go by what they said at OW2 release.
I hope the sym mains are satisfied with the attention they’re getting, and they stop making threads about their hero being ignored.

‘‘I hope Symm mains will stop whining about her niche state now she’s getting a cosmetic’’

Maybe the skin will stop the complaints about her not getting as many cosmetics as other heroes, but she still remains a taxi-bot who only truly works well on Lijang tower.

busan isnt bad tho

and rialto is S tier

your opinion is wrong but i respect it

1 Like

Its probably that map in the gameplay trailer with the huge floating ring in the sky

Didn’t they already state they weren’t adding anymore heroes or maps until OW2 comes out? This is probably just to promote the skin, rather than it being a new map.

In my starting post, I elaborated this would likely be a new map for Overwatch 2. Not just a new map straight up.

Hopefully they turn into a koth map.

i like this theory as that particular map in that video is one that ive often speculated about on here

pretty confident its whatever map this image is supposed to be

very clearly inspired by architecture near the ganges river in india

its not a stretch to imagine a map in india in OW2 and the image from today’s teaser could easily be that…certainly looks south/southeast asian

further note: symmetra is indian…nepal is nearby which is zen’s “home”…you got the very clearly indian music playing during teaser…hell maybe its even the city/town mentioned in the story…“Suravasa”

2 Likes

Most game studios have hundreds of not thousands of spare art assets lying around from other maps/attempts (not to mention the entire campaign they havent released yet :)).

And while you’re correct that level/map design is time consuming, this isn’t a level. There is no need to actually do layout and balance decisions. It’s just a wall and two pillars, with a few candles thrown in. Probably a few hours of work for one person.

Wow. That story was completely under the roof!

Finally some lore for both Symmetra and Zenyatta!

3 Likes

like i pointed out earlier…this wouldnt be first time

when they did lunar new year promos they did so in a portion of Busan…a map that wouldnt exist until a long time later

There’s a really good chance that assets/rooms like that are created first for the actual advertisement, and then added to the game later (i.e. reused).

And I’m by no means suggesting it’s impossible that they designed something with two purposes at the same time, I’m just saying it’s really not that hard to construct a little scene like this in a few hours with some very basic existing props.

1 Like

It could be the unnamed India map that we saw in the OW2 gameplay trailer where Zenyatta appeared.