Symmetra players, come forth

You make a lot of sense here, dont do that or the aim elitist will gang up on you! You see for the majority of this forums they think symm is still low skill brain dead hero just coz of her “TuRrEtS”

Ive been saying this for a long time but because its a core part of her identity as a builder i get a lot of disagreements from both sym and none sym mains.

You see the symm naysayers will parrot no skill/brain dead etc but as soon as you provide an idea making her kit skillful they went full silent and run away from the conversation.

Trust me these symm haters dont want her to be skillful,fun to play or against they just want her to stay trash so they wont see her in their games for some unknown bias hate towards the hero.

I mean how often do you hear your team say “we need symm” in a game? The only time i hear it is when i play no limits in arcade.

I want her to return back to the support role and get proper rework for once in her lifetime.

My rework examples. multiple links in the main link page as well.

i want sym 2.0 back. Its up to whoever if lock on beam or 3.0 beam should stay or not

1 Like
  • tp cd starts on placement, pauses halfway of cd timer until destruction
  • orbs renumbered around being faster moving projectiles e.g.
    • straight up giving it like ~35m/s or
    • something more daring of ~50m/s while reducing orb projectile size
  • primary fire lvl 1 beam increased to 80dps rather than the current 60.

then we’ll see from there.

1 Like

I want 2.0

In lieu of that, I want SG.

In lieu of that, I want piercing orbs.

In lieu of that, I want her photon shield back from 2.0.

In lieu of that, I want a farther TP with a faster deployment.

In lieu of that, I want one more turret with faster cooldowns, movement, and deployment.

In lieu of all that, please fix her bugs with TP.

SMH

2 Likes

And honestly, to me, that was a horizontal change because in exchange to that we got our turret stash cut in half.

I would prefer my six 1 HP turrets back for more area control than the sturdy three throwable turrets that aren’t even worthy spreading out.

1 Like

tp being put on e is the biggest change of the rework because it literally tried filling in 1 of the massive fundamental holes of old sym’s kit: a way in and out of her effective range i.e. a way for her to get herself opportunities to contribute.

Yikes.

At the very least I hope the slow doesn’t stack.

If you want her to have lock - on back, then it should deal 100DPS. 120DPS was too much when Sum was a Support. 170DPS on such an easy - to - use weapon is absolutely ludicrous.

Isnt it a weaker dmg output than she had in 2.0 state ? then it looks like a nerf :no_mouth:

1 Like

Don’t worry it doesn’t. They changed it couple of month ago or even before (my time sense is horrible).

Back at the day you couldn’t move while being next to a turret, but now you almost don’t feel it… So I tried giving the turrets a bit more impact.

Beam isn’t much harder to use… If you fight tanks or brawlers your accuracy with both will be the same. Not to mention at level 1 you actualy deal less than 100 with only 70.
Anyways, the only enemies you’d really feel the difference against are fast enemies with small hit boxes so:
Genji,Tracer,Echo & Lucio.

She already supposed to counter Lucio & Genji so it’s actually a good thing she becomes better against them.

Tracer can break los pretty easily with blink not to mention she needs more counters in her current spot so even if Symm will not counter her, there’s noting bad about Symmetra being sightly more effective.

And against Echo, well Echo is about in and out. You either succeed with your combo, run away or dies in the process. Symm’s 70 damage per second wouldn’t do anything to her…

I just really think Symmetra’s current impact isn’t too great currently even against the heroes she supposed to counter. So similar to Torb or pretty much any defense hero I wanted to give her a more punishing personality being better on stuff with slow fire rate increasing her effectiveness overall but still being countered by so many heroes… (Winston,Zarya,Pharah,Soldier:76,Torbjorn,Tracer,Bastion,Ashe,Sombra,Zenyatta,Mercy [you’d be surprised but yeah, mercy’s fire rate allow her to be really efficient on the turrets])
while of course having a lot of fair match ups as well

Depends on the enemy… The faster they shoot the less effective it will be, but it also goes the other way around. So against heroes like Sigma,Reaper,Genji etc… This is a straight up buff. But against heroes like Soldier:76,Tracer or Bastion this is a nerf for sure.

2.0 symmetra was my 2nd most played hero, and since then i haven’t been able to touch her. i dont know what it is, but her kit just feels so underwhelming and boring now which is a huge shame because design wise she’s far and away one of the best on the roster

1 Like

Yo, what patch you playing on? Because I’d love if the turrets were sturdy in my version of the game. But they all die from a stiff breeze, or typically 1 bullet from any hero’s primary weapon. Also AOE attacks are enough to kill them, especially Ball’s pile driver, which makes it especially aggravating to try and slow him down in a known area since he accidentally destroys them with his massive AOE hit.

Sym’s turret slow stacking is the only slow that still currently stacks, which is why you still have to group all three turrets (a 30-second cooldown) in a single spot. That’s also why I said any single turret should do the full slow effect and just let it be non-stacking, so you can reasonably spread out your turrets.

2 Likes

Didn’t know it is still the case.
Either way I agree with you, turrets should slow enemies down in order to force them to focus the turrets and not just ignore them.
Symmetra is a dps not a support- she needs enemies to respect her.

Yeah. It’s probably why you said you didn’t even notice the slow effect anymore. With turrets that die from every single stray bullet meaning most turrets get killed accidentally before they even fire on an enemy, you’re probably running into areas where only one turret is left alive to shoot at you. :frowning: It’s a sad situation.

In my Sym wishlist that I posted above, I asked for damage to be taken out of turrets and give them all that slowdown I described, so they can be used independently and spread out (instead of grouping them). I’m also tired of people claiming turrets to be any sort of significant source of damage for Sym, because you’re lucky to get a couple hundred damage out of them in a match unless the red team is a bunch of potatoes. Meanwhile, Helix rockets from soldier are much more reliable and they got buffed to have more uptime. If we’re scaling damage abilities on that scale, turrets would be on a 2-second cooldown >.> Just sayin’. But I don’t even want that anyway. I’d love for them to just be a soft trap. Minimal damage - maybe even just 10 dps each. And let them slow from just one turret.

1 Like

Right now I agree they aren’t too major damage source but Considering Symmetra is a dps now I think they Should be. Great punishment for slow fire rate heroes which is something I believe the game really needs.

There’s noting bad about increasing their slowness without any nerfs because dive and stationary already ignore them entierly even some of the brawlers can easily destroy it, so in reality you just make a fairly bad ability more balanced.

Considering you want Symm to have a lot of up time without always focusing on the turret but you also want the turrets to be replaced if the fight is too long, I think around 5-6 seconds cool down should be fair for a turret.

So feel free to give the slowness some damage cus it takes a bit more time.

1 Like

Yeah the turret ability is one of the worst right now. I often joke that “the turrets are so bad in their current form that you can give the entire ability to any other hero as an extra - no counterbalance nerfs, and it would never perceivably alter the powerlevel of that hero because they’re just that bad”.

I think that for as powerful as they are right now, they should just be six seconds. But that’s also because Sym seems to work on a basis of “3” as much as possible in her kit, so I try to adhere to using multiples of 3 whenever I opine on her balance.

The reason I say I would give up damage on her turrets is because they won’t allow her turrets to be good, so I’d rather not have to rely on them to provide anything of her primary function - damage. Thus I’m perfectly okay with the turrets being a “soft trap”, like Junkrat has a trap. He does quite well with it and it works great in his kit.

Plus, we already do have a turret hero that has a good turret. Torb’s turret has vastly more range, more health than all 3 of Sym’s turrets combined, better uptime, more actual damage output (verses theoretical, where Sym’s turrets can theoretically put out more damage, but never do in reality), and the cooldown is less than half as much as Sym’s.

So, I feel that Sym doesn’t need to be another hero that has turret damage. I feel that blending the concept of a turret with a trap to make something unique to her kit feels better overall. And again, I’d be happy to put that damage into her primary which desperately needs it. At least with her primary she has immediate agency over it’s use and uptime. For reference I think if they’re going to keep her beam to 3 levels (again with the number “3”), she should be 150/180/210*.

(Just a quick note, in another thread I mentioned that damage in this game is way too high and needs to be scaled back. That’s still true, but if the damage levels are going to stay this high, Sym needs those damage levels to be competitive against other DPS with more reliable damage output and range. So this “ask” for Sym is based on current damage levels in the game, not what what I’d give her if damage got scaled back reasonably)

:frowning: They don’t read the forums anyways, so we can dream about perfect balancing rather than the middle grounds.

It’s not really fair comparing them as each one does something else and works better against different things.

Torb’s turret is a longer range counter for dive tracking them down and bursting them down from range. So overall a great tool against both mobility and close range as Torb and turret are 2 different things in 2 different locations.

Symmetra’s turrets on the other hand are more for brawlers. Being good against slower yet more protective heroes that fight up close. Junkrat,Reinhardt,Brigitte,Reaper,Moira,Mei etc… all have a fairly low fire rate or low damage especially with close range so the turrets can provide your team much more time dealing with them or extra damage if they choose to ignore it.

Also possible, I just feel like it will be too general of a change rather than making her better against some heroes and worse against other but it can work.

Tbh most heroes don’t deserve a damage nerf. It’s mostly tracer,Echo,Hazno & the hit scans after the fall off buff that need it.
Every other dps stays in a very similar position and if someone did get buffed it’s only because it needed to…

Bring support Sym back. Full revert to classic Sym. Make shield generator a small aoe passive ability with +50 shield health. She can give 1 shield buff at a time a LA Zen orbs that increase shield health +50

Symmetra 2.0 with 3.0’s turret deployment.

1 Like

I don’t know, last time I played the game seriously was on first season of Role Queue :man_shrugging: (season 18?)

Anyway, it’s sturdy compared with the original turrets, that had literally 1 HP. I lost count of how many times I warded the Volskaya first choke just for a flanker D.va or Reaper sit by the high ground in point A and shoot them off with tickle damage.

Back at 2.0 days I remember calling for a turret HP buff to 15~25 HP just to avoid this very specific kind of situation. Her turrets being deleted by incidental damage is fine, but that specific one was a bit ridiculous.