Symmetra Piercing orb. DON'T REMOVE IT!

You don’t think a left click 15M Beam that does more damage the more you use it. Which recharges upon hitting a barrier which has a bigger area of damage. Won’t be good against barriers. SMH :man_facepalming:t3:.

1 Like

I’d rather keep the old orb. Yeah it was too slow, but problem solved with the speedup. There are many ways to keep it around without it being rediculous. 2 second charge lock, stepdown upon hitting people, not making as fast while reducing its charge time… I rather keep the old ones that I learned and get more reward for my positioning. These new ones do not care as much about that fact, and I really just want 1 aspect of the gun to remain; the orbs.

If you had any significant play time on Sym at all, u’d know how wrong this statement is.

The splash damage orbs will not do anywhere near as much damage as a piercing orb.

The piercing orbs do 125 damage per enemy hit. The devs said the splash orbs only do 130 total, splash included.

This will cut Symmetras ability to gain ult charge in half at least, and lessen her DPS.

It also destroys her ability to dismantle bunker comps. Instead, we’ll have to awkwardly try to eat thru with our primary fire (since only that one gains ammo from barriers).

This will require us to be in direct line of sight of, say, a Bastion, with no Photon Barrier every 10 seconds to protect us, and within hook distance to boot.

Removing piercing orbs is short sighted. It weakens Syms DPS, ult charge, makes her less unique, and above all else, removes one of the few advantages & uses she has over all other heroes.

Every other change I’m on board with, even the loss of auto aim. But this is too much. I seriously hope this doesn’t make it to the PTR.

1 Like

:thinking: :thinking:

It’s charges twice as fast and travels 3 times as fast, and does 130dmg on a direct hit. I don’t know how you could possibly think this is a nerf. Symmetra’s current Orb are not at all consistent and almost completely reliant on the enemy making a mistake outside of melee range. The new Orbs will be much, much better.

1 Like

Hey there, see this part? How it says “enemies” and not “barriers”? I’m tired of seeing this complaint when there’s absolutely no hint of it no longer going through barriers.

Symmetra’s beam gains ammo from attacking shields. Her beam counters shield comps now instead of her Orb and it’s honestly a buff.

1 Like

I think I’d rather they nerfed the damage on the orb rather than simply have it explode. Exploding orbs sound like a fireball/rocket thing, not to mention inelegant. Symmetra’s always had this “clean” theme to her.

Not saying I’d hate it, just that we all should know Blizzard’s obsession with every ability on every hero being unique to them (outside of passives) so putting an exploding, charged up damage ball on Symmetra means it’s likely not going to happen on a new hero in the future, and it should be no secret people are clamoring for a fire-based hero.

If it still passes through shields and explodes on hitting an enemy I think it will be fine.

And how, exactly, do you know the orbs will be better?

How much experience do you actually have playing Symmetra, to be able to so confidently make such a claim?

If you cant get consistent value out of the orbs, its because you have no idea how to use them.

The orbs can take nearly 2/3rds of a squishies health away, and there is no reliable way to block them. If an enemy has already taken some damage and is hit with one, they will likely die–and each orb can hit every enemy.

Simply spamming them into a high traffic area, down the longest sightline possible (for example, thru an objective, or across a choke) practically guarantees a kill.

You probably find this hard to believe, but the fast paced nature of the game means that a lot of the time people aren’t looking where they’re going, and it is all to easily to accidentally run into all sorts of pitfalls, like a Junk Trap, or a Sym orb.

The exploding orbs won’t do this, however. Yes they will be faster, but that just means you’ll run out of ammo faster, and Sym has one of the longest reload times in the game. Now also consider the following:

• exploding orbs can blocked by barrier (so it seems, anyway)

• exploding orbs do less damage

And theres good reason to suspect the new orbs will be worse off. So its not a clear cut buff.

1 Like

The exploding orbs do 5 more damage than the current ones, move 3 times faster and charge twice as fast.

They’re 1000% better.

“the exploding orbs do 5 more damage”

No, they do less damage.

Each exploding orb does 130 dmg

Each piercing orb does 126 x N (the number of enemies hit)

Which means the piercing orbs are more damage actually.

Fast fire rate also means running out of ammo more, which means dealing with that lengthy reload more, and we still don’t know if they go thru barriers yet. If they don’t, this is a massive nerf, without a doubt.

So you cant say for sure they’re better.

2 Likes

I can’t say for sure they’re better, but you also can’t say for sure they’re worse. Running out of ammo more isn’t really that important, because your overall RoF is still increased massively.

I wish Blizz could just tweak her turrets and maybe give her extra health. Seeing her fun abilities being removed makes me sad

1 Like

Her gun would deal Zarya levels of damage. It also GAINS ammo while being used on enemy shields, as well as charge level. So basically there’s no reason for her alt fire passing through shields if there’s no shields to pass through (lmao).

It’s also a buff to shields in a different way. Shields are not that great anymore, which is why Rein is considered to be the lamest tank atm (still viable just helpless vs certain enemies/comps).

A good way for buffing down-in-the-dumps characters is to switch up characters who might give them trouble. Then if they’re still having trouble, they get a buff. It’s pretty smart to do it that way unless the character is obviously garbage (ie: Symmetra 1.0 and 2.0).

I feel Symmetra needs some rework, but doesn’t need to be a dupe of Zarya. She is a unique character and one in which I have grown attached to and really enjoy playing. I haven’t been playing the game all that long and I may not know a lot about the previous reworks (I can easily learn more by going on to youtube) but Symmetra is a damn good defense character and needs something to help make her more useful. Because, currently she is in support and she really is a defense character.

Just like the other defense characters, she needs a way to get out of tight areas and be able to rejoin her team when the enemy makes a push to the point. I think that is the only rework she currently needs, is a way to escape and rejoin. I like her kit. Those orbs are damn good and I know that they make a world of difference when holding off an area and the enemy is moving in with a shield and you are doing damage through and holding them back.

Orbs have to stay.

1 Like

My guess is that they are trying to give little side buffs to tanks.

My question is how are we supposed to hold a choke point with her if our orbs cant pierce shields? You used the orbs a way to push orisa and Reinhardt back. If we can’t peirce thier shield. Our turrets become completely useless. Plus the loss of shield gen and teleporter? She will no longer be great on defense Anubis. She can’t hold the right room of first choke point on her own now. She can’t get the teleport to make the first objective realistically holdable. She can’t lock down the first room behind objective b, while provide shield gen and shooting peircing orbs down the center walk way. She was the best character for that map and they are scrapping that lol

1 Like

Again the forum proving they’re idiots. IF THAT WAS TRUE SHE’D BE VIABLE FFS, GIVE US ANOTHER HERO VIABLE ABOVE PLATINUM FFSSSS

Wasn’t she given a 200+ damage beam that actually charges and recharges ( reloads when hitting shields ) ? I realize you get this damage at 6 seconds in, but the fact that from that point onward you’re quite literally melting any and every new shield almost by yourself.