Symmetra needs a nerf

I don’t know about anyone else but I’m pretty sick of seeing Symmetra absolutely dominate team fights through turret placement and using her ult. I bet that as long as a Symmetra uses her ult right before a team fight, that fight is won for her team 70-80 percent of the time. It’s terribad… She needs to charge her ult more slowly and have a nerf to her turret health or turret damage - just two suggestions off the top of my head.

6 Likes

Her turrets can already be destroyed with a punch. Come on now.

32 Likes

There’s a sym nerf on PTR.
Why do the devs release patchnotes when nobody wants to read them?

17 Likes

People like pretending they don’t exist so they can just come to the forums and complain

13 Likes

This PTR patch needs to go live last week. I’m sick of these pubstomping Syms using a broken hero.

Delete Sym & Torb.

1 Like

Sym is not broken. The stats show that.

6 Likes

Has ANYONE tried to kill at least one support before tackling Symetra? Usually she is pocketed or double pocketed when she decides to chase you.

4 Likes

Funny how her ult hasn’t changed since it was introduced but I guess complaining about Sym is all the rage right now :man_shrugging:

13 Likes

Delete Sym and Torb? Man you must have been abused by those heros. Change your play style against them. The one your using now doesn’t seem to work for you to tilt like that…

5 Likes

She’s just easy to have value with, you would see people complain about Bastion if he was meta, you melt people with a decent tracking.

Sym shield does feel too easy to charge, I think the primary fire nerf will justify that,

But it’s definitely not true to say a wall can win a fight on its own. Doom doesn’t even care.

3 Likes

I dont want them to nerf her she was easy ride to masters

I agree. A good Doomfist is a good answer versus shields. Unfortunately for some Doomfist players Anna can’t heal through enemy shields. I try to support Doom with Zen or with Moira’s floating healing orb.

1 Like

I need a nerf from wrecking her in 1 vs 1 encounters. Most easiest hero to beat, but problems for many. Go figure :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Playing against Sym 1v1 is one thing, but playing against a Sym with healing support is another…

1 Like

Her primary is busted currently. As a whole she’s not broken, but her overall damage increased far too much thanks to the beam fix.

Her numbers need some tweaks and I think the nerfs on ptr are warranted and won’t completely destroy her viability.

Someone has “Turrets Syndrome”, ie. the problem of not handling turrets and getting upset at them.

FWIW, if most people never heard of the buff I bet half would never be in here complaining about it.

4 Likes

Sym has been pressed into the bottom of the dumpster for literal years. Now, in the one very specific meta she was designed for, she’s viable. That does not mean she needs a nerf.

However, it looks like Blizz is going to nerf her anyway (including a nerf to her level 1 damage, because I guess 65 was just too oppressive…). Double barrier will end one day, and when it does Sym will be even more deserving of the title “single most pointless hero in the game.”

10 Likes

A viable answer to that is using mercy as an off healer and moira as a main healer.
Everytime doom engages you engage with him as mercy, everytime sym puts up a shield moira coalescence him.

Tho I don’t really like doom’s playstyle, doesn’t mean I won’t give him proper support :wink:

Is still nothing. She’s no different than her previous forms. Outside of ultimate what’s her survivability. Eating dirt :slight_smile:

I killed her alone and with her squad. What’s everyone else problem?

4 Likes