Symmetra is bad, but here is how to fix her

Fix Symmetra a hero with no identification. First support, then dps and now make her into a tank. She’s going to be the only hero with a meme that can’t find a satisfying role to be in. These so called developers at this game messed up when they made her dps instead of introducing another non healing hero in support role.

I’m not sure why you guys keep suggesting tweaks on this hero and others who do need it, but knowing these developers are incapable of doing so. Then you have these defenders saying “We weren’t critique enough etc etc”. We were critique and it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize what is being suggested. There’s no motivation coming from these developers outside of cosmetics and making the $$$ though more would come if their game was tweaked on a daily basis keeping the game fresh.

How to fix Symmetra? Simple. Add another 50 hp, Auto lock, it’s close so why be scared of that, lower cool down on turrets and let her beam restore shield hp by damage dealt. Will it happen? Nah because players will scream OP ignoring the fact other heroes can wreck her from distance if she’s not careful on being spotted. Close range heroes are true flankers after all.

3 Likes

i agree with ur suggestions, but idk about the lock on beam. Even tho I like it and miss it, i feel like we should aim to do something. Again tho, im not for it nor against it.
And im also sad that Sym is moved to damage. Supports dont always have to heal. I think heroes like Symmetra, Sombra, Mei, etc should have their category called “utility” for obvious reasons.
And sometimes i feel that just 6 players is not enough, since the utility characters never find their own place. If there were 7 players per team, a standard comp could be 2-2-2-1, 2 dps, 2 supports, 2 tanks, and 1 utility…

first off rank doesn’t matter when someone makes an opinion
second, you didn’t look at his profile for to long because he does have an 76% winrate with sym

The reason I liked auto beam wasn’t because it locked on, but for the fact it puts you in danger hoping to succeed through the encounter. If survived you’re rewarded with a powerful channel beam until you’re taken out. Symmetra literally had 0 survival abilities to keep herself which is why the concept was given to her. Perhaps the developers lost that vision because of feedback and wanted to try something and failed to realize it’s still not working.

Nah the game needs to explore more areas making it possible for tanks and healers to solo. The support role should be given to Sombra, Mei, Torbjorn, Symmetra, Soldier 76 and Zarya due to their supportive kits to help allies. A new roster name Healers should introduce making it easy to design heroes to their proper role.

2 Likes

“Blizzard designed Symmetra to be a tank destroyer after the rework”

Stopped reading, sorry. Cant take the whole suggestion when the premises are really weird.

I just wish teleporter would not take over 9000 years to actually activate when placed … This is the single most annoying thing in all of gaming history …

2 Likes

I actually wanted to write down a new thread with the idea of adding “utility” as a category. But idk if i should.

You can, but I doubt it would reach the developers ears. Then you have to debate against those not for the concept even if it does make sense.

do you agree with Anjali?

1 Like

if only we got some buffs on her tp

3 Likes

Well she most certainly doesnt counter dive with just 3 turrets and a stick for a beam which you need 4 seconds to charge up just to do anything. Try aiming that thing on a Tracer or a Genji. Obviously, it was made against big targets like tanks where the surface area is big enough to get the beam charged. Use your logic.

I apologize, but not really the main topic here, even tho i do agree.

2 Likes

her tickrate’s bugs have been noticeably been fixed, then.

2 Likes

I think her main problem is that her utility side still overshadows her dps capabilities. It was just like that when she was in the support category and it was fine. But right now its not the thing i live for. She always needs to be pocketed by healers or Zarya otherwise she dies very fast. Her primary is too slow. And a photon barrier… seriously? Low budget support/tank ult thats countered by W button or EMP(yeah i know that it “counters” Widowmaker, High Noon and partially Ana but its not enough)? If u give her instant lvl 3 beam as her ultimate instead of this crap she’ll become 10 times stronger. Like everytime an enemy hero ults you can feel some sort of terror. When Sym does that(and Mercy lul) u probably dont feel anything.

I personally dont want to trader her utility for raw damage. That would make her just as basic as Soldier 76, but with lasers instead of bullets, and I really hate traditional DPS heroes. She has good utility and damage, but she keeps being held back because of the Genji mains that run into her turrets and complain she is OP.

1 Like

Honestly, I feel like new Symmetra is way worse than old Symmetra, so most of what I would do would be revert many of her changes while keeping a few of the only sensible ones.

• Left click goes back to locking on to targets, but uses the same logic that Moira’s Right Click does where you do somewhat have to aim it. Also, if you reload, your rampup time gets reset.

• Right Click is completely reverted to its old form that goes through shields.

• Turrets stay in their new form, where you can throw them and only get 3.

• Photon Projector (her old shield) is restored to her E ability.

• Teleporter goes back to being her ultimate, except that you can now aim the teleporter exit the way you currently can, giving it increased usability. The entrance is still always placed at your spawn rather than at Sym’s current location. Shield Generator no longer exists.

I feel like this would be enough to make her usable on both attack and defense while also not being an obnoxious noobstomper who low rank players hate. It’s also much more distinct than her current design which is basically just bad Zarya.

2 Likes

Wrong. Really low pickrate can mean other things, and there’s other heroes with really low pickrates who are WAY WORSE IN WINRATE. Sombra, Doomfist, Bastion, all significantly worse winrate, all lower pickrate than Sym. SYM IS NOT BAD. Do not blame the hero for your personal failures.

1 Like