Symmetra is bad, but here is how to fix her

I agree with everything. Exactly what I want.

Though I think her Orbs are alright as they are

3 Likes

Do you think there might be some sort of improvements that would make her viewed as more reliable to the majority? Or is her new kit still too new for others to fully comprehend how to utilize her?

I’m fine with Symm’s current state.
:man_shrugging:

Here’s Symmetra’s “issue”:

Old Symmetra appealed to people who didn’t want to or couldn’t aim. She was not mechanically demanding at all, which is why many hated her, but she had a die hard fan base who loved the hero.

New Symmetra is extremely mechanically demanding - but insanely strong if you have good tracking. However she doesn’t have any movement abilities so she requires extremely good awareness and positioning.

So Symmetra doesn’t appeal to flanker mains because she’s too vulnerable, and she doesn’t appeal to old Symmetra mains because she takes a lot more skill to use now. Right now she appeals to McCree/Zen mains - characters who require good aim and don’t have a lot of get-out-of-jail-free cards.

She’s in a good spot - it’s just that old Symmetra mains don’t want to accept that they have to get good if they want to be effective with her now.

1 Like

Didnt i state, like, right at the beginning that im totally okay with her new beam even tho I played Sym 2.0?
Our biggest issue is her survivability. Whats the point of bringing a giant light saber to a fight if you walk slowly with no means of defense and with everyone being able to shoot you down by the time you get to fight?

2 Likes

I think you are underestimating Symmetra.

I totally agree on the fact that she is under powered. But you are basically pointing EVERY aspect of Symmetra to make her look weak, and that’s biaised

When you want to discuss a kit, you have to either understand the direction the devs wanted to take, or give her one. She must have strengths and weaknesses

I think we could compare her with Reaper, given your examples (which were extremely biaised) :

• Similarities : Reaper and Symmetra have high damage output and must be in close range to be effective. They both have kinda weak personal mobility. They are both pretty powerless in open areas.
• Differences (this is gonna be long)

• Reaper :
    He has high burst damage and is a powerful flanker when used wisely.
    Howerever, his effective range is very low, given his spread and his huge hitbox.
    He is countered by shields, because of his range and his short magazines. (is that how its called ?)
    Also he has to land headshots to increase his overall damage output.

• Symmetra :
    She can be oppressive at a long range by shooting precise spots, and also at short range, with her high dps and shield breaking ability.
    She is not a shield breaker because she can take down shields quicker than anyone (which is not true), but because shooting shields directly benefits her weapon. She doesn’t waste any time on reload, charges her beam, and damage the shields.
    She has low range, but she does not gain any theorical dps by being closer than her 12 meters range. That means she is already effective at that range.
    Also she has to have almost pinpoint accuracy, but she doesn’t have to land headshots, and her range allows her more freedom in her movements.
    Plus, she has (not much but still) team utility with her TP, and area denial with her turrets, and turrets bomb too.

THAT SAID, Symmetra is still not very good. But we have to consider her whole kit, how it works, and how it should work. What is supposed to be highlighted.

I think her TP should have more reliability, like a slightly faster deployement, to help her make use of it to survive, or to close the gap in certain situations. It may be good to have it stay longer too. I also think that her M2 could be more consistant, by making the orbs slightly faster.
I thought about an interaction between her M1 charge and her M2, but I’m not sure about it, I could make another post explaining it if anybody wants it, but I think I already overstayed my welcome lmao

Sorry for my bad english and I hope I doesn’t sound rude at any point, just wanted to share my opinion and knowledge with another Symmetra fan

3 Likes

No, she is not “insanely strong” if you have good tracking, she is still not overwhelming (which is a good thing, high skill requirement doesn’t mean a hero is allowed to have insane potential)

2 Likes

No. That is just hallucinations by the individual.
It is still 20

I personally seen a Junkrat health drop from 24 to 15 with tier 3 beam
Which makes it 9 damage.

Which is Tier 3 beam with 1 tick would be 9 which makes it 20 ticks per second.
Only thing that changed is how it visually represented getting a hit.

1 Like

So? How this health summ affects Sym’s 200 hp? Ashe has 1200 now, because of Bob? Or torb get 400 because of turret?

Sometimes I think you, sral94, writing just because you must write something, but the meaning doesn’t matters.

2 Likes

Your reply has been the most civilized and constructive by far, feel free to stay as long as you like. Cheers

2 Likes

Once you get comfortable using Sym’s TP as an escape option her survivability skyrockets.

2 Likes

I like idea with personal shield gen passive. For example for each 10 damage it will be generate 3 extra shield hp and so higher till 250… Sounds interesting.

5 Likes

But I have 200+ hours on Sym…how much more “comfortable” can a person get?

that video evidence where she melted armour was pretty convincing though.

Exactly.
People always puts her up front alone without her team.

The enemy turns around for any of them to stop them from attacking, or flanking.

Yes.
That is how it works.

If bob is on point, and you manage to kill the Ashe, that doesn’t matter. There is still a full health hero you need to deal with.

If you waste ammo on a turret, waste your aim, etc, that is damage that doesn’t go towards the hero.

1 Like

I can show you convincing videos of the Sasquatch and UFO’s if you like.

1 Like

Can you show a video of her current beam having 20 ticks?

I posted a video a while back. Sym used to do half damage against armour. She sure wasn’t doing half damage to armour. It was on my twitch and the videos only stay for 2 weeks, but I can do another one if you’re not convinced.

I like her. I really hope they don’t touch her again just because of a loud minority on these forums.

I wouldn’t mind a few tweaks, yes - particularly like the idea of leeching shields off of enemy shields and barriers. No “reworks” or “fixes” are needed though.

Like I said - I saw it first hand.
Junkrats hp dropped from 24 to 15

I was shocked that doing 1 tick of damage was even possible, but at that time I also found out that 1 tick was 9 damage.