Symmetra in GM this week

All of the people in GM are good at their heroes. And are as good as you can reasonably expect a ladder player to be. So the primary determinants of strength is the hero’s kits and the meta. A hero can have a strong kit but if the meta counters them, they probably won’t get as much use. And likewise if a hero has a good kit and has synergy with the meta, they should be used considerably more than others.

Symmetra was an example of that until they nerfed her out of her own meta. To the point that her good players, the GMs, actually have winrates below rank maintenance.

That’s a problem.

Every hero should have a good kit that becomes a great one depending on team comp synergy and the skill of the player.

This is the entire reason for top down balancing. So that we can fairly evaluate a hero’s strength without worrying nearly as much about user errors.

There was no statistical problem. Symmetra was only meta (and even then it was offmeta, she was 4th most used) because Sigma introduced double shields. And she would’ve went right back to F tier once that was gone.

She was only being used because she was one of 4 dps that works against the most broken tank the game ever saw. It wasn’t Symmetra that needed nerfs, it was Sigma.

I believe their actions over you analysis. Overbuff is not gospel because ppl have private profiles.

link win rates for sym in each of the ranks. I don’t use Overbuff often.

Or consider the possibility that people are high rank with Symmetra due to being carried by an OP hero itself, thus now the complaints about those players will be loosing rating?

if they are good players, then to complain on balancing her would be moot.

No no. Symmetra needs nerfs, especially her sentries. they melt people to fast.

She’s being nerfed for low ranks. She’s currently more than most low ranks can handle.

Overbuff has been proven reliable time and time again. Most recently it said the same thing the devs did that her overall damage had went about by 20-40% depending on timespan and rank.

very well

this could be true, the same thing that happened to Reaper, but look where Reaper is now. Faith and patients and petitioning, is the only answer I have for you. Fight the good fight :+1:

but don’t bring up pick rate just because it fits your narrative :wink:

Her sentries don’t melt people too fast. They are simply ignored too often by bad players. In GM, where it’s not a crapshoot whether or not people will kill her turrets or focus her down, she’s doing VERY poorly.

It’s a total learn to play issue. And Symmetra doesn’t deserve to be so terrible that you can literally ignore her at any rank.

That’s garbage.

2 Likes

Oh no, Symmetra is still better than Sombra. Better nerf her by another 20%.

Right. And it’s because Reaper players brought up his poor stats in GM and didn’t silently let the devs just make him nothing for all ranks. Symmetra is gonna need buffs. They can’t just nerf her and that’s it. She’s doing extremely poorly already and she has more nerfs on the way.

Pickrate is a perfectly fine measure of power and is not the only thing I used. It had nothing to do with my “narrative” it’s something I look at a lot.

1 Like

The sad part is, it wouldn’t be hard to give her support abilities while keeping her unique aesthetic design and theme. Just look at my link bellow, iits not hard.

Now we lsot a unique character and a support character for no reason.

My Support Sym rework idea: Symmetra Sup Rework Idea

Nope. She’s a brain dead hero with too much impact.

Noted. You just want free wins. Gotcha.

I’m willing to bet that 90%+ of balance decisions are dictated by statistic.

her win rate is 49.33% in GM this week. She is perfectly balanced.

They stated the three things they balance on are dev feelings, player feelings, and statisics.

1 Like

Ma’am… would you explain the TP nerf then? The Sombra nerf(s)? Hmm

keep posting, I encourage it. but as far as statistics go, she’s balanced imho

This meta favors her and she a below 51% winrate in GM, which is required to stay GM. And a very low pickrate. There is no question she is weak.

1 Like

I wonder how she’ll play outside of this meta. Maybe more people will realize TP was better before the changes, when they’ll have to rely on it more.

perhaps you’ve made a miscalculation

she also has 51%+ win rate in all other ranks, she’s perfectly balanced

a little nerf the winningest heroes, a little buff to the loosingest heroes, that’s my recipe for balance