Sym rework for the players who dont play sym and not the actual sym mains

I don’t think any Sym players really care about her having range. I myself prefer her as a melee range hero. For example, in a cqc situation, Junkrat virtually doesn’t have to aim either. Sure, he doesn’t have an autolock and concussion mine has falloff, but he can still obliterate you in his effective range with little effort on his part.

And if it were your personal favorite hero in which you’ve spent x-amount of triple digit hours playing, perhaps you’d be more empathetic.

No, I wouldn’t. I care about how many x-amount of triple digit hours I have playing Overwatch. Blizzard knows what is best for their game. I don’t care about individual heroes, I care about playing Overwatch and the game as a whole. If you cared about Overwatch now and in five years from now, and not just Symmetra, maybe you could stop being so short sighted.

I will admit the sym rework sounds fun as heck, but not her ult. They need to rethink the ult as her tele in ult and shield gen have some fight swinging and unique capability.

But I can understand the upset sym mains would have, they are basically making a new character but using syms assets. She did need something to help her though. They could keep all the stuff like flying turrets, small range tele, shield recharges ammo etc, but keep her lockon beam, her ult tele and shield gen. Throw in her photon barrier somewhere too as i’ve seen syms use this so well, it hurts her survivability a lot to take that away.

I really don’t want them to abolish her ability to return your team to a fight for a clutch save. Since they removed mass res, she’s the only one that can do this now.

Only a couple more months until she is gone. Rest in Peace Symmetra :coffin::skull:

1 Like

It doesn’t, you are just intentionally misunderstanding… Generally speaking the “idiot” in a team environment is the one intentionally lowering their teams odds of winning by intentionally making poor plays.

What it does mean is you have 5 people who synergize well together and 1 person who might not depending on map/point. You also have 1 person who is easily countered. That means you have an easy opportunity to be exploited by the enemy team and if that enemy team does pick hero’s that synergize it is very easy to make the engagement a 5v6 and gain advantage to win.

Kinda hyperbolic, you are just trying to twist things to create your own point by exaggerating… It won’t create some magic world… But picking hero’s that synergize well will increase your teams odds of winning, this is a game where 1 miss-play can cost big, so minimizing these risks in as many ways as possible is in the teams best interests since the goal is to win.

Yes he would still be Rien, for the same reasons that wearing sunglasses doesn’t change who you are. Rien is a character that is not just limited to tools. To be honest a DF with all that health and armor and mobility would be terrifying.

The case with Sym is completely different than your example also, Sym is a character that owns a company that produces hard-light equipment/tools, and her kit is staying within that realm of plausibility, whereas your example is taking tools/equipment that are not within a characters capabilities without significant changes to the lore…

She is also keeping everything except her primary fire and even then the changes are not a drastic as you try to make it sound, for all you know her beam just doesn’t lock on but everything else is the same except balancing numbers.

Current Sym;

Primary fire - A lock on beam that scales in dmg the longer it is connected.
Secondary fire - charges an orb that increases in damage the longer it charges, pierces barriers.
Ability 1 - Places up to 6 turrets that damage and slow over time.
Ability 2 - Sends a oval shield in a linear path infront of sym.
Ult - Create a teleporter/shield generator at sym’s feet to get allies back quickly.

New Sym (from what we know);

Primary fire - A linear beam that scales in dmg the longer it is connected. (increased dmg)
Secondary fire - charges an orb that increases in damage the longer it charges, explodes on contact. (splash damage)
Ability 1 - Places up to 3 turrets that damage and slow over time can be placed over a distance. (Increased values HP/dmg/slow).
Ability 2 - Create a teleporter from sym’s location, to move allies quickly up to X meters away.
Ult - Deploys a massive shield of unknown value but may be 5000hp strong.

She still has her hard light gun, just doesn’t lock and orbs explode instead of pierce.

She still has, to be honest, better turrets.

She still has a shield.

She still has her teleporter.

She lost her shield gen

(gun covered above)

and 3 less turrets…

In exchange for the chance to be viable in more than 3-4 points… and even at those points other hero’s are just better if your goal is to win.

Yes, there are changes, but none are as drastic as you try to make them… Not even close…

Kinda funny how you would quote a question and not answer it though, just kind of dance around it but never actually answer it, haha.

Shrug

1 Like

And you are assuming that all the others do synergize. I’ve lost count of the times where the team consists of genji, hanzo, soldier, junkrat,and mercy with me on moira. Where is this synergy you speak of?

The whole point of my post … well two points after edit. Is
1- I was tired of seeing the myth that the other 5 automatically synergies or work together and some how the sym automatically does not.
2- if you change a characters primary weapon you change the character if you did like the other examples how about widow is using a bow now

And as the “the question” who ever devolves into thoughtless screeching first if that is the Sym after being asked to switch or if they are being eaten by a winston then it’s the sym … if somebody else loses their mind as soon as they see a sym before the match starts it is them

1 Like

Please stop. You are using logic. Your fancy logic holds no merit here, demon! Be gone! Why would you be considering such a change! Regardless of the fact you haven’t even without seen any proof of any kind, how can you even be considering Symmetra being changed? You absolute uncultured swine! We Symmetra fans are entitled to our favorite hero never changing and always staying the same! Should I add /s or is that enough?

2 Likes

No I don’t want my main to share her core abilities with someone else. That would take away so much from both characters.

I’m a Sym main and I’m looking forward to her rework. Her identity is still intact.

Literally the only thing you won’t be able to do is give allies hp shields.

2 Likes

500+ hours on Symmetra. Can’t say I didn’t get my money’s worth. I totally look forward to the new hero (I meant to say Sym rework). Will miss old Sym terribly though… 'tis sad we can’t have both, but given a choice of one or the other I’ll happily roll the dice on 3.0.

New stuff to learn, and both the teleporters and the ult appear to have deep complexity available.

[One unfortunate note, she’ll be viable in fewer comps. She can currently run in DPS or Support slot, with the changes she won’t offer the team that flexibility].

4 Likes

The whole goal is to make that synergy or to do what you can as an individual to make this synergy. If another doesn’t synergize that doesn’t make you as an individual pick any better. The whole point of the rework is to limit this…

“genji, hanzo, soldier, junkrat,and mercy with me on moira. Where is this synergy you speak of?”

(Not trying to call you out, it’s just each elo operates different, so different synergy get different results)

The question is what can you do to create the synergies given the circumstances. You are only responsible for your own actions.

Moira synergies are with teams that group (a rarity I believe) so not a very good pick until a rank people group at, and believe it or not most DPS hero’s work well together as long as you shoot what your team is shooting at, though that gengu is probably dead weight. shrug

I would go Pharah and ask Mercy to stay with me, since no one will use your shield as a tank anyway. I would stay as far away from the enemy as possible while keeping site lines or taking odd angles to confuse them.

This would create synergy with the Mercy. (what is in your control, if she just floats with you some of the time.) That is you creating a synergy with your team mate to get an advantage

Just stay back where enemies do little damage to you and shoot. Do not get close unless it’s to finish the last one off.

“2- if you change a characters primary weapon you change the character if you did like the other examples how about widow is using a bow now”

So changing abilities doesn’t matter (serious question)?

I would suspect it’s just the lock on feature you are concerned about since you are pretty focused on her gun and not her other changes, given that is the only change to her gun that isn’t a straight buff. The only other change might be a new gun model to look at but we don’t even know yet.

If you have to rely on Sym’s lock on, you wont make it even at lower-mid ranks (assuming you want to climb to a rank where people work together) you need to develop skills that will allow you maintain that rank.

Runs off crying, while flailing arms

Many people such as myself main Sym because she’s easy to aim. Take that ability away from her and all you’re doing is displeasing the sym mains and making dps mains happy. Then again, this is DPSwatch, so idk why I’m suprised.

1 Like

I think it’s really good they’re getting rid of her. I’m tried of getting melted by someone who just runs and jumps in a circle holding the trigger. Play on console, she is an absolute nightmare to one on one in a way no other hero is. As a tank, I shouldn’t be afraid of someone who does so little damage, yet doesn’t kill me. An FPS has no room for a lock-on weapon that takes zero aim.

Mercy Rework:
Mercy Players : “We’d like to have an E ability so we can actually do something in fights aside from dodging bullets or look at the back of the person we’re healing”
Most other people: “Get Rid of mass rez” (After Ana was gutted, before that it was “NERF ANA!!!”)

1 Like

Good point, I’ll pay that but I cringe when I hear people say

“That is not (hero) anymore” because of balance changes lol :slight_smile:

The problem is, buffing Sym as she is would not solve the problem. Her problem is range. Increasing her range and keeping her incredi-bendi-beam would be unfair even if it could reach 2m further than usual. Her sentries would still be garbage even if they made them reach 15m, since 1hp is still 1hp.

Increasing her damage to be higher for all her stuff would be downright unfair, since it’d be as frustrating as Scatterarrow when getting caught in a carwash or as dumb as 1.0 Doomfist if he actually got to you.

It’s her kit’s (still fair) check/balances that is poisoning her. So she needs a revamped kit. 2.0 was the maximum push to make her old kit good and it was still not enough. So 3.0 is going with a kit that is adaptive and flexible, in other words, being like every other VIABLE Hero. Torb is probably going to get a similar type of revamp tbh.

Thank you.
It isn’t just non-sym players that wanted a change, it’s sym players as well. You can’t play her as of now without being banned due to her utility lying solely in her ult. If you can’t get an ult up or use her on only chokepoints, you’ll be looking at a ban or suspension.

Can we at least stop whining until she is ACTUALLY playable?

1 Like

That is not a problem with her kit. That is a problem with people false reporting players.

1 Like

I’m probably a former Sym main by now, I’ve been playing more of Moira and Mei since the news of the rework but what I’m most concerned about is the reduction of turrets. I like the tactical nature of Sym, trying to quickly analyze how the enemy is playing and where they will go, going from six to three turrets will dampen that part of the character greatly.

Her new teleporter sounds interesting, that could be a lot of fun , but I’m going to miss the current way of playing Sym – and watching other Sym players for their turret placements.