Sym mains. Stop asking for Shield Gen and Auras---

—and ask for a barrier that’s a passive.

Consider:

Size: Half of Brigitte’s shield, leaving lower body exposed. Must look/aim at direction of incoming fire to block.
Durability: 50

Notes
Crouching will protect you fully from the front for emergencies but since you don’t move as fast as standing, you lose some mobility.

Barrier regen at 5 barrier/second after 3 seconds of no damage. Beam ammo regen also feeds personal barrier at same rate of ammo regen.

Once destroyed, barrier will come back online after 10 seconds (balance reasons)

How it’s better than 50 additional HP while also having counter-play:

Strengths
Having a barrier you don’t need to press a key to activate.

Will block many common forms of 1 shot kill/high burst damage but not twice.

Adds durability against rapid fire attacks but only from the front.

Will assist in survival against many forms of CC as Barrier is a passive meaning being frozen, stunned, lifted, shield bashed (it will block bash thanks to recent Brigitte nerfs) or hooked won’t drop the barrier.

Weakness
Low coverage/durability to prevent face tanking but still having enough impact to allow one mistake

Will have no effect against Winston. As he should be an effective Symmetra counter.

Melee attacks (Reinhardt, Brigitte flail, Doomfist rocket punch, primal punch) will ignore barrier, as they shoud.

Sombra hack/emp.

Having additional HP is a nice idea but it won’t do anything as significant as having a passive barrier. This passive concept will significantly improve Symmetra’s survivability against a majority of the cast without effecting the strengths of her designated counters and it’s skill based as it will require aim to block and is not as forgiving as tank barriers.

This is where we should focus for survivability should the teleporter concepts of speed, duration or personal instant transport go to the wayside.

or just give her 50 shields?

2 Likes

Ineffective.

Reaper and Mei have 250 health. It does nothing against burst damage and they have better tools.

All you’re gonna do is die with 50 more health in your health pool in one shot?

How is having 50 more HP better?

Can’t we just have old Photon Barrier back? : /

5 Likes

Passive barrier!

Pass-ive Barrier.

No button/key presses, still preform all actions while barrier is up and usable even when you can’t move.

Photon projector needs a key/button press. So if you’re hard CC’d, it is useless.

It can also protect against a D.Va ult if you crouch.

2.0 is dead and buried fellow Symmetra mains. Let us not be Mercy mains and move on.

I’d just want teleporter delay reduction.

I would too but I really believe that’s not likely as the naysayers (the often heard voices) say that would be OP because of GOATs.

GOATs really did ruin everything.

No.

21 ch. required.

1 Like

Denial is hard but you’ll get over it eventually.

Says the guy with a theory that will never see the light of day

3 Likes

I at least am willing to let Symmetra 2.0 fade away and I’ve been a Sym main since release.

I just want her teleporter to be placed right at her feet and a small increase in the interact radius and then I’d be happy.

Though I’m not a Sym main, I just think this is a fair QoL change that I personally would enjoy when I decide to play her.

Yes! This at the very least for consistency in unusual Map Geometry and universal accuracy for all interaction (D.va bomb delivery, turret bombs, etc)

1 Like

So basically personal headshot protection from the front, guaranteed for one attack 50 damage or higher, or multiple for any damage lower?

Utilizing the much sought additional 50 HP (shield or health) concept and giving it a boost.

Will offer a wider array of protection without breaking her and still making her counters effective.

Because protecting against one shots isnt the point, its increasing the ttk on symmetra to give her more time to dish out her damage, additional shield gen and auras dont just benefit symmetra they benefit her teammates by giving them a higher ttk outside of most oneshots

1 Like

Let’s not be mercy mains. as mercy main what you just said is idiotic and downright stupid. Why because you three types of mercy ones that think she fine. Another that what’s her to be better through rework or buffs. And what I like to call revert mercy. Second you really think all sym mains are going to think like you.

The problem with the aura concept is how it will relate to old Brigitte rally Ultimate. Unless it’s just a quick burst with temp shield that decays rapidly with a long cooldown, you got an enabler for GOATs comp if it functions like a Lucio Aura (always on)

Of course not. At least the ones who want to revert Symmetra back to 2.0 in any capacity. The ones who embrace 3.0 and want to see her better, while also considering the game as a whole, maybe.

The issue with sym is her survivability she a close combat hero with limited mobility in fights. Along with the fact that all other close combat heroes have better damage. Granted I haven’t played sym. But, when I one vs one a sym I’m never afraid of her close range damage.

This statement is so true.

And the problem is how to fix it, without making Symmetra a monster.

Her damage can be very high but she often dies before or a little after she gets max damage. Her recent improvements do help but she REALLY needs a tool to help her run away if things don’t go as planned.

If the teleporter can meet the standard that will make escape options as effective as other DPS, without being over powered, then the idea I presented will be unnecessary and many Symmetra’s will be satisfied.