Sym is op like hell

Since when?

Since… Always?

Is this an attempt at obtusbe semantics about the use of the word “charge” in lieu of whatever term youd personally prefer to use to describe symmetras beam mechanics, or are you genuinely unfamilair with how symmetras beam works?

1 Like

I genuienly didnt know she has damage charge. I always thought it stayed the same the whole time, and it was just the power of the turrets helping. Wouldnt have asked otherwise.

1 Like

In that case my genuine and sincerest apologies- I genuinely thought you were being fussy about the use of the word.

Symmetras beam charges and ramps up in damage the longer shes doing damage with it. It currently starts at 65 damage, then 130, then at full charge does 195 damage.

It currently has small damage nerfs on the PTR due to the extra damage its doing after the bug fix.

Oh…well now the 195 damage thing makes sense. Thanks for update.
Now I wont go ham while playing Dva against symmetra thinking she’s an easy target.

intentions don’t necessarily match up with actual balance health changes. they intended the new to change for to be less restrictive yet it literally restricts sym’s overall gameplay with the cd nerf taking much of sym’s independence to do her job contrary to the intention of the sym 3.0 rework too. not to mention the sym3.0 rework patch was to make sym flexible yet sym 3.0 release primary was objectively more niche than the old one woth same range, double the charge time, and being gutted in tick rate.

I know what the fix was. and my point still stands, if there was a 40% change in damage output purely or even just mostly out of ticks that should’ve been counted in the first place, just how much were people missing in order to trigger the 1st reduced tick bug?

if a lot then obviously people literally were missing a lot and not dealing much damage in the 1st place i.e. would a 40% increase of low damage be that huge to warrant nerfs and many cries of OP sym?

if there weren’t many 1st ticks being reduced, then the premise of this bug fix being the major factor in increasing sym’s damage output is already debunked because hitbox registry was not changed and this bug only matters when you’re missing a lot

Proof by contradiction complete.

1 Like

Wow, that comment brought me back to when Bridget first released broken as heck and people said the exact same thing.

Completely not the reason why her win rate is so high. Characters like Sym and Torb have had outlying win rates since forever due them being situational picks.

Doesn’t matter, you didn’t say that she didn’t have reliable on demand cc, you said she did not have any which is false, since she does.

Mercy is a hero which is encouraged to be as far away from the action as possible while maintaining her beam connected. Shes not hero that should ever be in melee range of anyone.

Crowd control is crowd control, the degree of it is another thing. Same as a burn, there are different degrees but they are all burns.

After going over the data and some other posts, I have to say that I’m totally wrong.

Sorry about that, that’s on me. You’re right, as when I heard that 30% - 40% increase in Symmetra’s weapon numbers, I didn’t understand that was only the case due to the shield META becoming so prevalent, but only thought it was because of the bug fix and considered the shield META as supplementary to the hero’s overall great increase in power.

Again, I apologize and have a nice rest of the day :slight_smile:

she has been like this before goats, aka the last buffs and its just she is strong in this meta, also she is being nerfed cuz this is the first and the last meta she will be ever be in for years of ow and gonna remain as the bottom tier like yall wanted so no worry

For me I would like to see that sym gets 2 turrets not 3 because they slow you down and don’t destroy insta which I liked before

She’s the weakest hero in the game.

Stop playing double shields and she’s done for.

It’s all because of the bug fix on beams, she’s doing a lot more dmg. Same goes for Zarya as well.

Her turrets are the problem not her beam

lol her turrets are the weakest part of her kit! I wouldn’t even miss them.

She is part of why double shield is meta. It’s the cc

Oh they’re getting massive value you just don’t realize it.

Just thought i’d update you. I can see the beam charge now, just thought it was the design. Derp

1 Like

We all have our moments :smiley:

1 Like