Sym is getting BUFFED on PTR!

This truth is very telling.

The devs need to look deep to themselves as to why this community is so absolutely negative.

And don’t look to blame the players. These same players play many different games, yet somehow Overwatch is the one game everyone can agree to be utterly negative about.

2 Likes

Okay but the Syms that already play her well know this is one of the QoL adjustments that she needed. There’s never been a reason to make her charge per level so long.

Restoring her ammo back to 100 (reducing it to 70 was unnecessary) would be great as well, but faster charge time also technically means more ammo if you hit level 3 on anything that isn’t a barrier (Players, Mei walls, Immortality Field).

Welcome to the Meltatorium.

Now they just need to buff the correct thing!

I’m happy with it but a few more tweaks is needed

Not Everyone is angry all the time,

i give blizzard props when they do the correct thing, Planning to do a thread explaining what i would have done,

It seems like Sym players just want everything about her made far too good. She doesn’t need more HP, if she needs more HP then I suppose Ana does too, maybe Mccree while we’re at it. Not a very good idea, and they all have bigger hitboxes than Sym I’m pretty sure. Torb got it because he’s fat, and therefore much easier to hit.

this is also in the same patch she received damage nerfs soo not really?

reason symmetra players want 250 hp is because 2.0 had 275. kinda like why torb now back at 250 hp because he use to always have 250 hp (50 armor)

People say this? :woman_facepalming:

taking extreme examples to prove an argument invalidates the argument

not everybody wants “everything” about her to be made “far too good”
she clearly has downsides that are more exploitable than other heroes, but it wouldn’t make her completely unusable if she didn’t have her own mechanics and kit aggressively fighting her design direction

hence a fair argument to at least try her out with +50 more shields

uhmmmmmmmmm
completely ignoring the fact that ana is a healer that needs to be able to be pinned down, even though she still has an extremely powerful CC ability, and a self-heal that doubles as a burst damage option if she gets flanked?

like, i don’t understand this logic?

McCree also has a CC, and reliable damage

symmetra has none of these

she can’t react to damage due to the sluggishness of her kit

therefore, she needs to beef up a little bit in order to compensate the lack of response she can offer

symmetra players want 250 health so she isn’t caught being a super easy kill with no reliable reactive defense ability, no reliable burst damage, no reliable mobility, and the low health pool to go along with it

especially considering her positioning needs to be in the front lines at 12m where all the shooting and splash damage takes place, where falloff damage for other heroes doesn’t even start coming into play

her other option would be to sit back and lob orbs that can be easily dodged, or abused and used as healer ult fodder, it’s fine to use them to zone, but that’s not the only thing she should be capable of doing the entire match, especially on something allegedly being her “secondary” fire
her “primary” is the one in close range

here we go again with the hitboxes argument
this makes no sense

hitboxes aren’t the only variable when it comes to shooting people

if your target is flopping around like a fish with no way of reacting to any damage, they’re still going to die

no offense, but this isn’t a really good example, to be honest

that was due to an ability which was interchangeable with the teleporter, and it was destructible, so it was not always active, so it shouldn’t be part of the base hero’s design
it’d be like saying zenyatta shouldn’t have had 200 hp because symmetra and torb existed to give him 300 total health, like it’s just weird

the real reason is that she lacks any reactive defense mechanics, but has to be in 12m range for her “sustain” weapon to be effective

yet she can’t “sustain” at that range, because she’s just getting blown up by people who have higher accuracy due to distance being in their favor, they have less falloff so their damage is higher, and she can’t actually do anything about being hit besides die or take 3 seconds to try and set up a teleporter that can be destroyed before it’s even deployed

try having someone shoot a fading moira for her to blink back to her original position
yea
no

… that or… completely disengage to try to recover shield health, which isn’t a viable option for someone supposedly intending to “sustain” damage in the frontlines

she doesn’t need to be some god-mode melee duelist tank that doesn’t die in the front lines and can’t be 1v1’d, but she also doesn’t deserve to be deleted by being sneezed on

and to be fair
torb was never at 250 base
he always had 200, and 75 from his armor pack, which, again, similar to symmetra, wasn’t a consistent or heal-able health pool

i’m glad torb got his +50 given his gigantic critbox, but symmetra still deserves it, as well, because even he has a defensive, reactionary ability, that not only serves as a defense boost, but doubles as a mobility tool, and even triples as a damage buff to facilitate bursting down a target faster, instead of simply retreating with a purely defensive ability

1 Like

he also had 4 of them in his back pocket at almost all times. so effectively always a armored unit. not only him but his supports aswell. but i not going to complain about the way they gutted torbjorn out of his backline protection role. to be a front line glass cannon.

Nope, not happy with this. The charge time shouldn’t have been halved in the first place. Little increments to undo such a massive blunder in a desperate effort to keep players happy is a trashy tactic.

This isn’t a buff, it’s a tone-down of a crippling nerf.

She’s a close range hero like Reaper, Mei, Brig… what do they have in common? Oh 250HP. There’s definitely logic here.

To call the damage vs armour nerf “crippling” though is one hell of a stretch.

Yeah I can’t wait for the day after that patch hits live with all angry Sym mains saying “it’s not enough, devs stop insulting us”.

Not sure HP is her main issue.
If you compare with Reaper, Mei, and Brig, she does not have something crucial : a quick escape mechanic OR a good defensive mechanic.
Reaper has shadowform.
Mei has ice wall and cryoform.
Brigitte has bash (to escape), boop and shield and selfheal.

All those 3 heroes have something they can use quickly if things are not doing good at close range. Sym has not, she just has a tp that she has to place and deploy, that’s way to slow. Adding 50 hp would not change her viability that much.

I’ve seen a lot of Symm’s using Teleport as a Blink to disengage and get around the point so actually she does have that - and it’s really annoying.

Downsides are it needs setup, and it doesn’t last long, but it has basically no cool down on use so she can ping about more than Tracer while it’s there.

No but for real, its a good change.
Some people need to actually think the range of the character.
No, she is not a close quarter hero nor she needs to be on the front line blasting shields with the other 2 tanks.
If they add more shields, even 25 it would be a miracle.

Well if you doesn’t have time to kill a symettra close range that is taking the time to put a teleporter, the issue is with you. And if she had already put the tp, you have to shoot it before.

Maybe the tp should be not destroyable.

More health and more duration on it would be big improvements there for sure.

More duration on TP would actually make me want her on my team just for that.

Not much, but a welcome change i suppose.