Sym is fun again (decent at the very least)

Refer: Sym has been massively buffed?

Don’t take it away Devs, we NEED this to stay.

Seriously mentally we both been through a lot.

Don’t take this way if it was not intended.

Edit: If it is a placebo effect it would explain the numbers, I feel like I am doing 20% more damage but number wise does not show it.

Is it much better now?

1 Like

She felt decent. That’s better then nothing.

1 Like

I don’t feel any difference tbh…

I remember it, it’s the old Sym feeling but without Barriers. Instead focusing with Turrets and a Teleporter this time. (Plus her Ult which is easier to charge up.)

But why does it feel like old Sym… Because that beam hit box has increased to mimic what it once was. (But not to the point of being broken.) (you still have to aim)

It’s like I have just eaten a smore again after 20 years, remembering that campfire in the woods with old friends.

1 Like

Nah. They need to fix that because hitting WAY off a character model is not okay.

They should however find a way to incorporate it into her kit in a fairer manner.

4 Likes

If they revert this, I will be extremely sad.

At least if devs have to, adjust the animation to fit it, and I would be so proud of Blizz for keeping this.

1 Like

I think generally, nothing in this game should be hitting things as far as Symm’s primary is right now. It’s disgustingly off.

They should adjust the animation or give it an animation similar to Moira’s. At least then you’d know what hits and what doesn’t.

1 Like

Honestly if they take this away, likely throw Overwatch into my attic.

Seriously think of everything Sym’s been though, she deserves this.

It’s been very mentally stressful just to communicate my feelings in the forums for 3 years now about Sym.

1 Like

The hitbox has always been this huge. That was like the first thing I tested when she came to the PTR months and months ago.

That’s basically how Moira’s hitbox works, it just doesn’t have the animation to match. Honestly I think this is the best change they can make to make her more reliable but not as stupidly noob buster-y as the old lock on. Just give a proper animation for it.

If it is a placebo effect it would explain the numbers, I feel like I am doing 20% more damage but number wise does not show it.

This all sounds like a bunch of garbage to me. “Nothing shows it’s doing any better, but it feels so much better! Even though I can’t tell if anything’s actually changed or not.”

Just stop.

1 Like

Look I am just waiting on YouTuber to check to see if I am crazy or not

(Though I am crazy, just need to be sure I am not crazy crazy)

I can’t remember if it was like this before or not… I have tested Moira’s beam/hit box plenty of times but never really Sym’s new beam. When I went into the training room it seemed like I could have the beam just off the enemy’s model and it would count, start doing damage and ramping up. I ran around the the area to the far right with all the moving target bots and purposefully kept the beam to the far side of their supposed hitbox and it worked like that too.

I’m just not really sure if it was like that before or not.

1 Like

Having Moira’s animation would be so dope. She’s so fragile anyway that I don’t see the problem.

So some are saying the tick rate fixed… I guess I am not crazy crazy… just crazy. Awesome