Sym 3.0 rework [characters required]

[Discussion has ended]

50 Likes

I love Symm 3.0?
And she still fundamentally does the same thing.

77 Likes

I click hero selection-I still see Symmetra, please elaborate with a tldr, that wall of text looks far too dramatic for me to read.

17 Likes

they both are regarded as throw picks in the wider community so i guess that’s the same thing right?

19 Likes

She still provides Utility through Teleports.
Turret’s are practically the same, but much better.
And she still protects people with Photon Barrier.

The only thing she’s lost is her Auto-lock and Shield Gen – But if we’re saying because of losing Shield Gen she’s completely different, then Torb is completely different because he lost Armor.

EDIT: She also lost her Piercing Orbs, but I choose my Speedy Bois over Piercing ones any day.

20 Likes

How can I trust this statement…

WHEN WE ALL KNOW COFFEE IS SUPERIOR

pure lies

6 Likes

oH DAMN.
HE’S ONTO ME.

6 Likes

FREEZE DON’T MOVE

4 Likes

I know personally of at least six Symmetra mains that quit the game because of that. When the rework was on PTR we gave a ton of feedback on the deletion issue, but since it fell into deaf ears, and once it was clear the devs would push forward the new kit, many people quit.

And since, unlike Mercy, Sym players are a small group within the community, movements that try to bring attention to this issue are silenced with “but she is better now, don’t complain”.

Good for you.

People like you are the reason why I don’t stand for a revert, but instead, I’m asking for the devs to create a new hero that will use Sym3 kit, and then, revert Sym to her previous state. Or vice-versa, I would also be satisfied with a new hero that have all stuff of Sym2, but I think Sym2 should remain being Symmetra because of legacy.

Genji and Tracer also fundamentally do the same thing. Are they the same character as well?

4 Likes

What kind of comparison is this?
Genji & Tracer never had any reworks. So yes, they do do the same thing, they always have.

7 Likes

I don’t get the point of this thread… They’re never gonna switch it back so…

6 Likes

Both are hyper mobile flankers that rely on burst damage to take off enemy squishies.

6 Likes

They rely on something they’ve never lost, so please explain how you can compare Symmetra to Tracer & Genji.

2 Likes

Here’s an example :Moira, roadhog, zarya, pharah and junkrat are now reworked into completely new heroes. (Your mains)
It’s drama for a very good reason.
How would you feel, I’m assuming you would complain, so what if I came to your thread and put a low effort GIF to attract likes and left it at that, when it’s a serious situation.

I’m saying Sym2 and Sym3 are as similar to each other as Tracer and Genji are similar to each other.

Excuse me? I’d love to hear the logic with that one.

2 Likes

So you wouldn’t care if those reworks happened and I came to your thread where you complained about those reworks, trying to attract likes with a pathetic GIF right?

Get over yourself…

10 Likes

It is though, for overwatch at least.
I know there are MUCH worse things in life to worry over, trust me I have experience but it is still an extremely serious situation for OVERWATCH and most importantly, those who fell in love with sym and her play style. Because if all your mains were reworked into new heroes, it wouldn’t be serious at all for overwatch right? Doubt it.