Sym 2.0 vs 3.0 Beam Damage - This is a Nerf!

I would doubt that - the metagame really pushes performance at that point, and not playing with K&M is a strict disadvantage.

Also for some reason, at least for me, it’s easier to aim with Zarya’s beam? Maybe it’s because I’m more used to it.

1 Like

damn…

20 Character req

She used to fry tanks without aim and without skill. Now she takes skill and she cannot destroy tanks in a matter of seconds. Stop complaining about everything especially when it’s obvious.

Though I suppose I can see why so many people were happy that she lost the beam - I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to be in bronze and silver where Symmetra 2.0 is a deathcannon with unparalleled power and utility.

just increase the range and/or ramp up time

so it’s not fine? lol

Why wouldn’t you be surprised that they nerfed a hero that they had left in F tier for 2 years? It makes no sense.

1 Like

M1 is just for barrier busting now. I use M2 to kill.

Not even bro, maybe its cause the good Symm players had climbed out of my elo by now the remaining ones were really so bad it was sad. In the past the really worst part was being a tank and that one time your team is so disorganized and just think stay with me team i will keep you alive and 2 people run in to die. but i guess people got used to her

1 Like

I still get potgs with her m1 so yeah I find it very useful :man_shrugging:t5:

I agree. I find it funny that it seems to do less damage while ALSO being harder to aim. For what? the shield gimmick? that’s hilarious. Shields not taking her ammo still doesn’t allow her to kill them very fast, and while she’s standing there trying to take down a shield 2 feet away, she’s going to die to their team or hell even the person who’s shield it is because all those shield people counter her.

7 Likes

Let’s be honest here; The lock-on around corners was total BS.

2 Likes

Don’t worry guys, we just need to learn how to aim and stop being noobs! /s

1 Like

Such interesting and reductive ways such people’s minds work!

No altogether her turrets do 30 less damage then her old turrets. Sym 3.0 turrets do 150 DPS with all 3, Sym 2.0 turrets did 180 DPS with all 6. So they removed a whole turret’s worth of damage from Sym 3.0 because Sym 2.0 turrets did 30 DPS each.

5 Likes

But turret placement is much easier and your turrets have much more up time. You only really need one in combat with you. Also the slow is strong as well. Overall the new turrets are just flat out better

1 Like

What’s funny is that some people STILL say get better and learn to aim

It’s very sad honeslty

4 Likes

This is the part people seem to be missing. Symmetra has been bottom of the barrel for seasons on end.

I am fine with learning to aim, but when I do I should not be matching my old performance, I should be blowing it out of the water, because if I just end up where I was before…then what was the point of the rework? To change her up and then leave her as far down the hole as before? Why?

8 Likes

Keep reminding people of this. Even if the turrets have more up time, they only have more damage on an individual level, not overall.

3 Likes

Let’s just nerf the worst hero in the games gun while also making her a dps hero

Seems legit

Lmfao

3 Likes

I forgot the part where she has healing capabilities. Soldier has more support ability than her. Also I loved her abilities from the start but all of the complaining from the community has made her into a broken trash hero. All she needed was a fix to how fast she can kill tanks.

2 Likes