Sym 2.0 vs 3.0 Beam Damage - This is a Nerf!

The secondary doesn’t pierce but charges and moves faster so it is sort of a trade off and not really a buff. I actually do less damage with this new secondary than the new one because I used to nail entire teams at once with one ball. It is subjective and situational though.

The turrets do more damage but you can only have 3 so again is a trade off. Yes each individual turret acts like 2 of her old ones but you can only have half as many out. If you loose a turret it is like loosing two of the old ones as well so your turret base is insanely more fragile now. Outside the ability to throw the turrets I would consider this a nerf now too honestly since it is quicker to clean them up for the opponent from there only being 3 as opposed to 6.

2 Likes

so it’s a nerf, and?

the beam is situational now, her main damage comes from orbs and turrets, and she does a ton of damage now

I fully charge the secondary and shot it into enemies close to each other. 2-3 fully charged secondary can kill groups.

The sentry positioning is more important now. If you do it well, you can punish Pharahs and Bastions with poor positioning, or to do damage behind enemy barriers.

1 Like

better than autolock

I agree. Her charge shot like you were saying can get clusters of opponents if they aren’t behind cover or a barrier and clustered really tight together. It is a trade off with it not being a nerf or buff. Personally I preferred her old secondary but it is a preference call.

I agree with the turrets as well that you can get Pharah’s since the throwing is so handy. The one real buff I feel Symm got with this all is her ability to throw turrets. It is the one thing they did that I actually wanted. With less turrets you are given less options for positioning them though. Before you wanted to vary their height and direction now you are limited in the amount of directions you can place them at once since there are only 3. They are really easy to spot so you can only hide them so well ultimately cause they will be spotted with ease the second they hurt the opponent and be instantly destroyed.

2 Likes

Eh…I just feel like a lot of people aren’t very happy that she is unable to auto-lock anymore. That charge shot essentially makes her something like a freakish hybrid of Junk and Pharah while her primary is that of Zarya which can just be held onto targets to melt. I see her killing just fine with people who can aim now.

Only thing that I feel is out of place is that giant wall she can put up now. Whats the…point of that again…? I see it and just walk right up to and through it. Then fight. Its actually not greatly influenced any game I’ve been in yet.

1 Like

They actually have lower up time since there is only 3 you can have out now. Thus you only need to take out 3 targets as opposed to 6.

1 Like

The limit being that you can’t aim better? You’re not making sense, there is a limit to how good you’re accuracy will be with her weapon unless you have good accuracy?

1 Like

*reaper have inconsistent dps from 0 to 280

1 Like

Never mind Reaper. Genji now hard counters Symmetra’s Primary fire. IT👏SHOULD👏NOT👏BE👏THIS👏WAY

1 Like

How does he hard counter her primary fire? He still can’t deflect it.

He will kill you 10 times before you kill him with beam.

2 Likes

That’s not countering the weapon… that’s just being better at 1v1 and having better burst damage.

Uh because mobility.

So being untouchable by said weapon is not considered a counter? Honestly, name me one hero that Sym’s primary counters. You can’t. There just aren’t right now.

3 Likes

Lol he’s not untouchable, you just have to not be bad at aiming. I didn’t say her primary countered anyone. I saw that someone thought genji countered her primary fire and I disagreed. Never said anything about sym countering others.

Lmao you must miss that auto aim a whole lot with how helpless you seem to be now against genji.

You literally have no idea what you’re talking about.

1 Like

Love how this just degrades to “learn to aim ged gud lolz”

2 Likes

All I’m going to say. They still haven’t fix Symmetra yet? I have seen these same suggestions since ptr and they still have not fixed her? Is this going to be another two years without tweaks episode again?

1 Like