Swap E-Rez with Valkyrie | Make Rez an Ultimate Again

1 - she was not the most OP hero.
2 - for the love of god, people did the “hide and press Q” A COUPLE OF TIMES! It wasn’t some sort of plaguing trend seen in every game, just some low-skill tactic as common as pirate ship, people just keep overblowing these things out of proportion.
3 - cancel “all enemy’s ults”? How many ults do you need for one team wipe? And I have seen plenty of Team Kills without any ult being used.
4 - the invulnerability came with a fair price: no movement at all. Few people notice, but the time the rezzed ally is invulnerable, he also can’t move at all.

4 Likes

Don’t know why people have this idea that oh blizzard was just gave up trying to balance mass rez and not maybe they just didn’t want it in the game period?

3 Likes

Well this is the forums after all. Where it’s nigh impossible to go one day without a Mercy thread…

You’re using what to justify this: a voice line change and a base HPS nerf, which got brought back to what it was before that HPS nerf during the ult’s duration? Yeah, there’s no comparing it to a complete overhaul, period.

Which is only your opinion, and based off of speculation. You really should just stop; you’re becoming another version of Stylosa at your current rate; and that’s not a good thing.

It in of itself is flawed.
For one, it’s based off of opinions.
For two, it doesn’t portray the thoughts of the entire playerbase regarding it. As you mentioned as well, any registered member was allowed to participate. That sounds fine and dandy; until you realize that even if literally every single forum member participated, you still would not even have 1% of the player-base.

How do I know this to be a fact? At the time of this post, the total amount of members that have been registered on this forum is 179,213. To prove this, every registered member on the forum starts at Trust Level 0. You get this number by going to any forum profile, and then adding ".json" to the site’s link. It is the “user_count” stat that gives this result. Using my forum profile, here’s a sample link to show what I mean: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/u/eternity-11698.json

While that number (179,213) may be large on its own, you also can’t forget that the size of the entire player-base is over 40 million. Even if you used 40 million for simplicity’s sake, you would still only have about 0.448% of the player-base if every registered member participated. But now comes the question of how many people actually participated. With that, the percentage of people that actually participated becomes even more abysmal. Plus, this is the forums after all; where there will be a great share of bias.

2 Likes

Don’t worry guys, they’re just waiting until the Mercy statue comes out for maximum hype. Mark my words, Mercy will be reworked again next year, around the anniversary of the last rework.

Players didn’t like fact, that any other defensive ult can be ignored, if you picked correct hero. Transcendence? Rip-tire or Deadeye are your choice to kill right through it. Sound Barrier? EMP and it’s gone in a blink.

Resurrect had no such thing as “pick ult to win”, and required a bit more strategy. And strategy, that worked against other ults (ult stacking), was of no use with resurrect, since you can’t kill enemies, if they are already dead.

Basically, those were complains, that simply throwing in more damage isn’t working.

1 Like

Let’s see… There’s lolojenkins, lolojenkinz, and lolohere. All of which have stated that “I just want the hero to be broken or OP” (which is a false narrative), or that Mercy 1.0 hides in a closet before pressing Q (which is also a false narrative), and all of which hate Mass rez for the same reasons. The latest 2 accounts also seem to have been created within this very month. Looking at the similarity of the names, and views on Mercy and of myself, I suppose I should assume that you are all the same person? If so, I find the need to make multiple accounts to try and spam the same agenda, to be a pretty counter-intuitive one, and also, doesn’t this qualify as circumventing a suspension or ban? Which is against the forum CoC? :blush:

Circumventing a Suspension / Ban

This category includes:

• Posting on another account
  • Having someone post on your behalf

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be permanently banned from posting on the forums

My apologies, but that is incorrect. A revert is a revert. Just because you don’t want it to count as one, doesn’t make that fact any less true. Mercy has been reverted multiple times in the past. A revert of her voiceline, her healing, and now her ultimate healing. I’m looking forward to more reverts in the future, and eventually a revert of Ressurect in the form of Mass res + The tweaks. Here’s hoping! :blush:

"Which is only your opinion, and based off of speculation. "
-Proceeds to give their opinion, based on speculation.

I guess it’s fair for me to say that the pot is calling the kettle black in this instance? :slight_smile:

Also, Nope! Apologies, but I’m going to have to disagree, I will continue to vouch for reverts of the hero and will continue to make my voice heard. The injustice done to Mercy really must be put to the forefront, in hopes of coming up with a solution that benefits everyone, not just people who play against her. Thanks for projecting your opinion though!

Though I thought I’d give you a second chance to redeem yourself with a reply, once again you seem to have resorted to personal attacks, rather than offer constructive discussion. So I suppose we really are done here, and have nothing else constructive to offer. Therefore, I will just leave you with this last reply.

I respect your opinion, even though I disagree with you completely, and I wish you well in your endeavors. Our conversations have been most… Clairvoyant. Have a good one! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

2 Likes

Factually, the recent set of two changes was a buff, not a revert

Your points have already been argued, and you still have yet to prove to me where that statement was written in the dev notes. So… Were you able to point out where this was said in the dev notes we’ve discussed previously, as you have claimed? :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

As I see it, there is a difference between proving a point and having anther accept that it has been proven

I still dont understand the relevance of a blush emoticon in the context of this discussion

Saying “As you see it,” is giving your opinion. While I respect your views, it still doesn’t prove your point. I’m asking for proof to back up your claims of what the dev’s said as being “fact”, so I am sorry, but I’m afraid that isn’t answering my question. So allow me to repeat. :slight_smile:

Was this stated in the dev notes, as you’ve claimed? Yes or No? If yes, please quote where in the passage they say “this is a buff, not a revert.” Still waiting on the evidence. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

As I have said, I have already provided the information

There is an old expression about leading a horse to water.

Sorry, but I am going to have to disagree there.

You made the claim that the devs stated that the last set of changes “was a buff, and not a revert”. I have asked you for proof of this, and your answer is “Look it up.” I look it up, and ask where they have made this statement. And now you are responding with platitudes, and avoiding the question by saying “I already done so.” Without being able to back up your claims, provide evidence, or give an explanation to said statements.

So unfortunately, so far you have not done anything to prove that the devs did in fact say “This is a buff, not a revert”, regarding the most recent Mercy changes, and have not disproven my claim that “it is actually both, not one or the other.”

And once again you have failed to answer my question. So I suppose I shall ask for a third time.

You made the claim that the devs stated that these changes for Mercy was a “Buff, not a revert.” And you are trying to state that this is “factual”. So I humbly ask you once again, to allow you defend your case and not prove that you are merely giving an opinion as if it’s fact:

Is the statement “This is a buff, not a revert” anywhere in the developer notes as you’ve claimed? Yes or No? :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

Factually, the information being requested has been provided

To extend the old expression, the horse is at the stream

I remain confused as to the relevance of the blush emoticon in this discussion

And with that, I believe it’s fair to say that you have no proof of your claims, and are repeating the same answer, due to not having any evidence to back up your opinion to make it “factual”, or anything else constructive to add to our little discussion in the form of a rebuttal. :smiley:

Due to this, I have unfortunately been given no choice but to believe that you merely thought they said “This is a buff, not a revert”, to push your agenda, but when asked for proof, is not able to defend your case. It has been made quite clear that such a statement has never been made in the developer notes, and any assumptions that they have are just that, assumptions.

Therefore, I suppose this discussion is over, and I rest my case. But hey! Feel free to give any closing thoughts, this will be my last reply to you (I believe it’s been going on for quite enough anyway!). If you think this is a buff and not a revert. That is totally fine. I believe that it is both a buff & a revert, so we are going to just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that. Nonetheless, thanks for projecting your opinion, I wish you well in your endeavors, and I hope you have a great rest of your day! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

I respectfully disagree with all of the above

Factually, the information is there

I still do not understand why a blush emoticon is relevant to this conversation

I believe I understand the meaning of the blush emoticon, in this particular case

Looking at our own thread history, I agree. We should probably not go down that rabbit hole. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

60 hp/s
Reduce weapon switching time
Keep Bunny Hop
Make Resurrection her ult again, but make it LOS dependent.

do you not have a life outside of poop-posting about mercy every week

week in, week out, i have seen you post a topic like this to no avail. you ignore facts and statements presented from the devs, you dig in your heels, and you act smarmy and condescending like a petulent, delusional teenager.

have you ever just stopped and looked at yourself, wondered “Why am I posting this again?”, or “What am I doing with my life?”, or even “Maybe I should stop this, and go outside and breathe the air while it’s still breathable”.

I sort of envy you, RevertMercy. You ignore the world burning down around you and you keep on trucking for something you’re never going to get. It’s admirable, in its own way. In its own sad, sad way.

4 Likes

I don’t think you win any points by taking what was said out of context.

The devs were talking about “reverting” to the old skill set, NOT in making changes to skill modifiers/voicelines.

P.S. I Bold because I don’t like the font they changed too…

5 Likes