Survey about Supports

A possible suggestion here:

1. Pro-Change: People who want Mercy to be changed.
  2. Pro-Same: People who want no changes to Mercy.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

Wow I honestly didn’t think I would get this far in discussion. I mean, I’m perfectly fine typing out who is who— those who want to change mercy, those who are happy with current Mercy, those who want to revert mercy. Or even those who want to rework mercy. I understand that using a blanket term will help save some word count space, but honestly I’m fine with anything that doesn’t step on anybody’s toes.

3 Likes

Those are just synonyms for anti-mercy and pro-mercy, respectively.

I will say, Lucio’s lack of popularity for me was a tough choice. I inherently like all the support characters, but I figured of them I probably know the least about Lucio.

I swapped answers on that question/stayed on it for a while.

1 Like

Good old bait n switch.

Could…could you not do this? Especially now that some kind of progress actually happened?

2 Likes

well i mean it’s like going to a republican party and ask what the think of the current president.
You’d get an extremely biased opinion.

2 Likes

Im just gonna say that Megadodo comes off as a troll who tries to stir up stuff pertaining to Mercy.
Im not saying he is but he comes across as it,
at the very least he seems extremely unwilling to accept the fact that a lot of people arent content with Mercy’s current state and want some kind of change and sees his own opinion that Mercy is fine as the gospel truth when its just one opinion out of many

9 Likes

One of the goals of the current survey is to check for that.

Most past surveys that have involved Mercy in the past have mentioned her in the title. It is possible that said title attracts people that are dissatisfied with Mercy and those that are happy with her are sick of it and thus don’t click on them.

By making the title not mention Mercy at all it makes it more likely that users that are sick of hearing about her but are happy with will fill it out. Judging from the responses in this thread so far that appears to have been successful.

Kind of suspected this with the last question.

Yeah that was pretty weird. I thought it would prompt you to the support you like the least as well as the best to give your opinion on them. Or just make it consistent and ask character kit questions for every support.

Factually, I have acknowledged many times that there are a large number of folks on both sides of the issue (s), and as such I have been very accepting of this.

My one opinion, to use the phrase from above, is however also shared by many, and should also be represented in such discussions

Presenting an opposing opinion is not the same as trolling

why only Mercy ? Why you do not speak about others healers ? (Except Baptiste, just because he is the last)

Who are you asking, Viggo?

Maybe you could make a survey that lets people just pick 2 or 3?
There were some questions that were very close (ex- favorite thing about mercy)

I’ll definitely keep that in mind for next time and see if I can find a good way to implement that.

It’ll definitely be a while before I do another as due to the number of survey postings people will be sick of them plus the data from this one might keep me busy for a bit as I got more responses than previous times. (Plus, I’d probably want to go long enough that the people that felt tricked into answering forget about me.)

To the one who did the survey, Chess

True, but you are very VERY stubborn about said opinion. You want compromise, right? Offer some up in the average thread beyond your rework-compromise thing. That can only help at this point.

1 Like

Currently Mercy leads the answers of both ‘support you like the most’ and ‘what support do you think is the least powerful’. Hmm.

One is permitted to present ones opinion on these forums, regardless of how strongly one holds it.

1 Like