Supports should be able to have a chance against dps

Ok, come back to me when you do what I said.

I am sasying in a 1v1 scenario
I know that this is innacurate but in a 1v1 if the tracer can get to the bap then she should win the duel the majority of the time Or force out cooldowns such as lamp shiftt or even window.
ALSO yea bap can transition highground lowground much easier than tracer but she still should and does have an easier time killing bap than bap does her

2 Likes

while I understand what your saying
and your not wrong
my statement is still accurate allot of DPS are flankers (Tracer Genji Reaper Doomfist heck even Mcree in some scenarios) they have kits designed to win against supports which is what their designed to do
I do think that their are flankers who are too strong (tracer [have gotten called out for this allot but its my opinion and idrc if people disagree but ill still listen to what they say])
but at the end of the day it is the flanker’s job to take out supports
or the heroes job
supports are the first 2 targets by default since killing them stops healing to the enemy team.

this isn’t a DPS job
DPS have different roles but mainly they can fall into a few catagories:
Flanker
Support
Defencive
Flankers include Reaper, Genji, Tracer etc
Support are heroes like Mei where their abilities can asist tanks in taking space or getting picks
Defence are heroes like Mcree who can shut down flankers such as Doom or Genji.
so while you like heroes like mei they shou

we all would but Blizzard likes giving dps 75% of the hero pool.

then don’t create heroes like Doomfist or tracer who need stuns to be shut down

well this is an ability that if you force out just by pressuring him then your doing your job.

1 Like

You need to stop narrowing your focus and saying DPS stuff like flankers are only designed to hit supports.

No one cares if a toothbrush was designed initially with teeth in mind. Its cheap. It has bristles. It has a stick. We use our brains and realize objects can have other uses. Hobbyists can use a tooth brush for cleaning printed circuit boards after soldering with isopropyl alcohol.

The same thing applies to other characters. Genji does damage regardless of who he hits. Maybe if I focus fire who other people on my team are focus firing we can kill things even if they are being healed. 3v1 is really hard to out heal.

I sure wish our tanks would pick Winston/Hammond instead to go contest people on high ground. Wait! I can do that with Pharah. I have concussion blast and can fly. Oh my goodness. My flanking is having a great positive effect hitting the enemy on the high ground like hitting that Hanzo. I’ve knocked so many tanks off high ground that have no mobility as Pharah as well and he just dies after faling straight into my team.

There are other targets in the game to hit. Flanking doesn’t have to be for supports only when we broaden our gaze and realize that flanking anything on any character is pretty good.

1 Like

So yeah, here’s your proof from a new post today - these happen all the time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well said. Hear hear.

Us supports aren’t here to exist for the sole enjoyment of others.

If it wasn’t for the addition of Moira and Brig shortly after Ana. I would have quit the support role. Playing Dive back then as a support was a nightmare.

True, supports are so over tuned in this game, Paladins has far more balanced supports.

Support is the easiest role.

1 Like

did you not read what I said?
I literally said some DPS are flankers and are built to pressure and kill supports

WOW REALLY?
I had no Idea!
Genji still is a flanker and should be pressuring supports or someone on high ground since that is his job

this is just you being dumb.
yea a phara can contest high ground
so can ball
so can dva
so can monkey
all these heroes can do that
this has literally nothing to do with flankers or what Im saying

did you not read what I said
the Default target in any teamfight is always Supports since they keep their team running
Not all the time though
maybe they have grav or zarya is high charge so you focus them down
a flankers job by default is to flank and kill supports it is not their only job
though noone said it was

If you put any of paladins supports in OW, people would cry that it was OP as all hell.

4 Likes

theorycrafting because I thought of something interesting (maybe): what if we had a support that can deploy a mini mine field with selective effects. e.g.

• if enemy uses mobility abilities in or out of the area they receive x damage
  • or if enemy shoots or using a damaging ability in the field, they x damage per shot/cast

alternatively implementing the panic debuff from battlerite? or even the counter status from battlerite tbh? :thinking:

1 Like

They do already though, every hero except zen has a way to get DPS off them. Zens only way is to kill them.

Yeah, I’ve seen AOE bleed effects in games, so movement damages you, and hyper mobility would kill you real quickly in those cases.

I expect it will be hated, like any of those effects. It isn’t like we don’t have a bunch of stuff which could be used, but there isn’t anything which people wouldn’t yell over.

I personally lose a lot of fights against Moira’s. Damn auto-aim lifesteal.

Have you been in any game where Baptist is immortal, damage amping with an ult he builds in 50 seconds, and jumping up and down every 0.7 seconds or is that just a figment of our imagination

Or the last time blizzard tried something similar to your concept(brig).

Everyone says this buddy.

i mean putting aside the fact that they’ll scream at any effective counter because they’re unreasonable, having bleed effects or “bleed-like” effects tied to a field wouldn’t be as bad I think because they’ve got agency to not step in it or alternatively, can decide to take the risk/cost or not for the kill. Like I don’t think I’ve seen many complaints about ball’s minefield from the hypermobility players. Granted, they probs don’t see much of an issue since it’s an ult (not frequent) but still worth a shot.

The counter status (which is basically like genji’s deflect but instead of deflecting back the shot, you can instead give another action when proc’ed e.g. in battlerite it some characters teleport to where they select upon an enemy hitting their counter, or some pulls enemies to them, ir some knocks them away etc.) I think wouldn’t have as many complaints over I think because it promotes fast paced and dynamic combat in the same manner deflect does i.e. will they counter now and I have to wait that out, do I call their bluff?

1 Like

I dont get what this dude is saying, i can think of a way to kill someone as almost any support.

Brig- make flankers and squishies perish with almost your entire kit
Moira- Moira
Zen- Discord, M1
Lucio- cant kill but you can almost never die as lucio
Ana- Shockingly durable and able to 2 shot when comboed with a nano
Baptiste- Do i even need to say anything here? there is a reason he is my fav support.

Mercy- The 1 healer who cant do anything.

So… we’re talking about some sort of combination of elims, damage, and offensive assists?

1. Their post was made 16 hours after OPs and 6 hours after my original comment. There is no way you guys were talking about a comment that happened 6 hours in the future when you said “People say it all the time”.
  2. Their account has 56 posts and isn’t even a month old. In these posts they talk about things that happened over a month ago. In case you haven’t noticed their account is a troll that has banned before.

For your one and only example, it’s pretty weak.

But full props for actually finding one, I genuinely didn’t think a comment like that existed.

1 Like

While I dont agree that any role is naturally easier than the others, Supports definitely do have many ways to deal with Dps in close-cornered situations.

And as much as I want Ying to be in this game… Paladins balance is a joke :sob: