Support mains said genji was overnerfed

support mains said genji was overnerfed, atleast the relevant people (high ranks)

aspen, ml7, eskay
flats, emong (not support mains but i might as well)

all said genji was overnerfed

if a support top 500 support mains which probably bias toward flanker even said that this genji nerf is over kill

2 Likes

Well, I’ll agree, it didn’t make sense to give him a nerf at high ELO, that’s barely a nerf at all below Masters.

They got it backwards. Should have been a nerf for below Masters.

6 Likes

The highest ranks is not were Genji is a problem. They are not qualified to speak for the other 96% of the game.

Balance is based on and around the top 4%. It doesn’t mean you ignore balance for the other 96% of players completely.

Not sure this was the correct buffs for him. Just saying I don’t agree with the premise of the thread.

20 Likes

Genji needs an extreme nerf, he’s totally gods levels.

14 Likes

they clearly said they gonna balance from top down, so…

Sojourn?

13 Likes

I don’t care about the “pro scene”. And they are not the one that matters. If your majority game group, which is mostly in the lower ranks, suffers because of one stupid no-skill tincan then you should nerf him even harder.

He is in the majority of my matches and i and lots of my friend are at a point where we just quit the game. Some for the evening, some for ever.

6 Likes

To be fair, i dont care what fats err i mean flats thinks.

5 Likes

Good for them? If it was too much, they can always buff him back up a bit after the changes are actually tested. He is a skin selling machine. They will want to keep him viable.

i have been fighting bad genji on all my games

like out of 20 games maybe 1 good genji

im only high diamond on support though (lurking around diamond 2 and 3)

1 Like

Exactly, Blizzard cannot buff their skill. All they can do is balance around the good Genji. I feel sorry for the bad Genji, but you know, there are easier heroes for them to try. :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Of the changes here the reload nerf I think hurts the most as it hurts his ability to close out kills with that extra reload delay from any missed shots.

29 → 27 goes from needing 7 to 8 shurikens to kill a target at 200hp. However, with swift strike damage its still 6 total meaning 3 shuriken headshots + swift strike is enough to kill someone which is an incredibly fast burst.

I’m not sure if this counts as overnerfing on just 29 → 27. However, the reload I think on its own is pretty huge. 30 → 24 is a massive change to overall DPS on spam and does affect lower tiers as more people miss shots interrupting damage before someone gets healing can make diff of kill or not.

1 Like

I’m happy that you get the worse half of the Genji-Legion pile.

Still don’t changes the fact that he ruins the game. And even if they suck 19/20 times, that means he is still in to many matches.

I just don’t want to see his tin mug anymore.

1 Like

yeah i think ammo nerf is for low rank

while damage nerf is for high ranks

I’m not a fan of people being an echo chamber for top500 players, because speaking realistically they are dealing with issues that 96% of the playerbase never see or experience.

That being said, Genji was overnerfed.
Toning down the Shuriken damage was enough of a nerf to him.

What just boggles my mind however is that they decided to not touch Sojourn at all.
Honestly out of touch. What’s even more surprising is people complaining about Genji but not seeing how overpowered Sojourn is at the moment.

3 Likes

how is he ruining games if there like bad genji all over plat

if u getting dumpstered by genji on your rank its probably smurf genji

i have like 5 master rank friend (most of them tank and support mains though) who smurfing on genji on gold / silver, so probably u encounter one of these smurf

The reason why is simple… Genji is annoying as heck and quite low skill floor in Overwatch Dos. That contrasts Sojourn quite a bit even if I feel she is the better hero.

6 Likes

And that Genji overperformed in every rank, so…

I think Sojourn is overtuned in low ranks, but they don’t think so, so we’re not going to get changes for that, either.

3 Likes

Top down balance suggests that the bottom of the ladder actually gets, you know, balance changes. Top Down Balance is not catering exclusively to the top 4%, and watching everyone below Diamond burn.

You can be really good but be stuck in Silver because your team is comprised of: A DPS who sits away from the team just waiting for their chance to pop off and get the much coveted POTG, another dps who’s constantly pushing spawn by themselves trying to be the unsung hero of the match, a tank who boldly rushes into the enemy team and promptly gets killed because they’re trying to 1v5, while the supports just cry in the backline begging their team to have some composure.

2 Likes

How can something be overnerfed if we haven’t even gotten to playtest it yet…do you realize how silly that sounds

Lots of people said Moth Mercy was “overnerfed” and “dead” when she got nerfed to only have 1 instant rez in Valkyrie. lul.

Same with every Brig nerf.

There is like no more CC in the game and a lot less defensive-ness with only 1 tank. I’m sure Genji will be fine albeit potentially mediocre after these changes. If he actually is overnerfed THEN we can talk about re-buffing him a bit.

9 Likes