Support is worse than ever

Now instead of the DPS focusing the supports all game, now you’ve also got doom and hog doing it too. The entire point of every game is for everyone to focus the supports and now there’s no CC or shields to save them.

The game seems fundamentally flawed for supports, and every patch seems to make it worse. Queue times are going to SUCK fast. Supporting is miserable right now, there is absolutely nothing rewarding or fun about it.

156 Likes

I agree. And it is not only Doomfist a new problem for supports, they buffed Tracer, too. But hey! At least Mercy got 5 more bullets!

The disconnection is real with these devs.

89 Likes

Hog? One shot
Doom? Annoying and can combo you to death
Snipers? One shot

“Where are the heals?! Supp diff”

88 Likes

bastion gets -3 secs on his op mode cooldown
Ana gets -1 sec on a 15 secs ability that needs to be aimed and only have 1 shot
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

39 Likes

cant wait to go against

Doom
Tracer
Sojourn

because for SOME REASON THEY BUFFED SOJOURN AND TRACER

man supports RULE dont they?

52 Likes

Even if supports can’t get some offensive tech, they desperately need some defensive self-peel.

Why the hell was Mercy given more ammo. What is that going to do?

What does Zenyatta have at all?

27 Likes

What’s the point of buffing supports? You don’t get to heal anyway, everyone dies instantly or out of LoS and you just afk until the next fight.

Stopped playing a few weeks into s1 and this season looks like a skip too.

13 Likes

The Tracer and Doom will probably have a stronger negative effect on queues than anything done since beta 1, it undoes the very little good work already done.

Basically this patch ignores reality.

15 Likes

Support players legit dont think their heros should die lmao

5 Likes

play kiriko or lucio and youll have an easier time

obviously characters like ana and zen are gonna be harder to survive with but at the end of the day every hero has their ups and downs

my best advice is to play with your tank and let them take the aggro off of you

The support roster is already miniscule. With the current game state, it shrinks down to supports with escape abilities…so only Kiriko, Moira, and Lucio.

Great game.

50 Likes

well, supports that can easily escape are gonna be the least stressful heroes to play as

you can certainly play less mobile supports too, you just need to have the right team comp for it

i think blizzard could give ana and zen a bit of help in terms of sustain/mobility but besides those two i cant think of any other heroes in the roster that are super easy to dive

Braindead take.

Nobody complains about dying. They complain about playing the respawn simulator.

62 Likes

Tell me you’ve never played support before without saying it.

43 Likes

I feel like a ping-pong. Weather i play a tank or support. Whenever he exist. It make me feel horrible.

Can they move doomfist to support plz or delete him from pvp and put him exclusive to pve. thx.

2 Likes

You aren’t respawning if you aren’t dying, so…

Just rework Supports around having higher health pools :man_shrugging:

Maybe moreso the ones without mobility than the ones with

4 Likes

71 hours on zen
67 hours on lucio
37 hours on ana

im a tank main, but i play my fair share of support because its a unique experience compared to the other roles

im not trying to justify blizzard ignoring the key issues with various supports, im just offering some advice for how to counterpick and deal with high mobility tank/dps heroes

1 Like

They dont complain about dying, they just complain about dying!!

3 Likes

There i fixed it for ya

1 Like