Support is worse than ever

Imagine playing the most important role in the game and then being surprised you’re the primary target in the game.

The higher you climb tho, the more you’re pigeonholed onto those mobile supports because people abuse the potential of dive and the lack of being able to do anything about it.

I swear Blizzard goes around in circles, we had this problem before and they put a band-aid on it called Brig. Wonder what the next non-fix will be :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

“We are sensitive to the issues support are currently facing.”

Vote with your time/wallet.

11 Likes

Literally I had tracers up my butt all day and it was beyond annoying because I didn’t know it was possible, but my team was even LESS responsive. It’s like they didn’t think they’d be able to handle it so they gave up before it even started and let me die.

4 Likes

You missed the point of the post. The point of the post is that Blizz seems to be actively making it easier and easier for supports to be focused and killed to the point that it has become the literal point of the game. There is absolutely no downside to focusing supports right now. Ignore the tank, ignore the dps, ignore team play whatsoever, kill the supports over and over and you win.

They’re the easiest to kill, they have no way to punish or CC you, tanks are so beefy they can dive to the backline over and over and live, and flankers are the strongest in the game at the moment (reaper, sojourn, tracer, genji).

It’s not fun to die constantly and seemingly instantly all game long. It’s not fun to feel like healing doesn’t matter because of the 1-shot meta, and it’s not fun to feel that we have the least, by far, impact on the outcome of the game. I say this having played tank and dps. I know how much more fun and impactful those roles feel at the moment - but I spend the whole time killing the other team’s supports. It’s so easy to do!

23 Likes

I was already playing less support last season. With Tracer, Sojourn, Bastion and Doom buffs in feeling less and less desire to keep playing it.

Mercy and Brig just don’t have enough impact to keep going.

6 Likes

You played moira and also couldn’t kill moiras as other characters. Please don’t say “skill issue” again.

14 Likes

I felt the burn all the way over here :fire:

1 Like

Moira is highly overtuned. Not a skill issue.

Please dont embarass yourself further.

18 Likes

Good morning, Troll! I thought you guys slept most of the day. You would save a ton of time if you just made a bot that spammed all posts in the forum. You could even alternate the post to show more creativity than you usually do:

• Skill Issue
  • Git Gud
  • Better players don’t have that issue
  • You suck!

Work smarter, not harder.

11 Likes

Keep blaming the game for being bad instead of yourself :man_shrugging:t2: you do you chief.

Distinctly untroll like.

Right right. Don’t you love when people reveal their rank whilst acting superior.

10 Likes

Heaps of irony with that one my guy.

I feel like Brig is uniquely qualified to help combat this issue, except that she was nerfed into the ground. She can punish flankers and create space, and she has the mobility and survivability that most other supports don’t. A slight buff for her would really help supports right now in my opinion. Just the stun on her shield bash alone might do it. We need something that makes divers hesitate ever so slightly.

11 Likes

Yeah exactly.

She used to be able to go toe-to-toe with many of the dive Heroes, including Winston and Doom. But with the removal of her stun and the buffs to so many divers has really hurt her. Winston just destroys her now. Her healing is also feeling really lackluster in the current Meta.

I still main her, but I’ve played damage a lot more recently because playing support is just miserable. It takes soooo much more work than either other role and I know it’ll be worse as the season goes on.

3 Likes

Support is the most difficult role in OW2 with some of the least solo carry potential. That is the issue. They either need to make the team less dependent on the “heals” part of support, or they need to increase support’s solo carry potential.

What you want is for the player base to start asking the question “Why should I even play DPS when I can play support and get just as many kills AND can support the team?” That would mean support is in a more-healthy state.

15 Likes

I didn’t really have A problem with us supports when ow2 dropped. I thought ppl were just crying too much But now with the doom OP buff and hog meta its horrible. Unless both supports have all their cd’s up and 1 of them is a anna, A skilled doom will kill them both with no peel. I say bring back the brig stun so we have A answer.

1 Like

Winston has been doing that almost every game since the Zarya nerf so :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Whenever I see a Winston I know that the whole game is just “escape Winston”. At least with Hog you can try to keep at range/dodge (but is also very stressful).

Who on earth could have the idea to give this tank a 5s cooldown on jump without considering he would completely bully the support players?

5 Likes