Support is unplayable

For the first time ever I left a match tonight. Every match is literally genji and Sombra constantly and nothing I can do about it. This game wasn’t built for 5v5 and supports weren’t made for this.
Until something is done I’m only playing DPS.

Update:
For people saying “jUsT aDaPT yOu cAnT hEaL bOt aNYmOrE” I am adapting by only playing DPS now :nail_care: nothing anyone says can convince me to play that god awful role which is sad because I literally only played support in ow1.

90 Likes

You can have some problem only with ana or zenyatta.

Stay with the team solve the problem.

If you can’t or team isn’t good enough, is a skill problem.

Blizzard can’t solve this.

3 Likes

To be fair, I suppose they are going to nerf Genji and Sombra. It is pretty obvious they are the main issue making support an exercise in frustration, so they are going to be the first victims of Overwatch 2 balance.

1 Like

Im sorry, did Moira and Brig stop existing?

13 Likes

Brig cant do anything really if they are somewhat clever and stay out of her range. Break the shield and force her to go back or kill her when it breaks.

Moira is a good pick but one of the issues is that she seems to be the only support that can deal with the amount of BS around here. People dont want to play Moira all day just because flanker are redicilous.

50 Likes

If the genji or sombra is good which I just experienced they literally don’t matter they pick and choose when they want to engage you will die regardless and your team will continue to ignore you. Brigitte and Moira will die regardless.

Fun~

2 Likes

It’s not a skill problem with Sombra. Sombra is absolutely busted right now and it’s hilarious she made it into the live game as she is.

Way too much damage. Way too much hacking. It’s like they said “what if we made total mayhem Sombra and put it into the other game modes, that’s a good idea right???”

12 Likes

If Brig is near her team, by the time her shield breaks flanker should be already dead from ally fire.

3 Likes

Yes and no.

Not a personal reacting skill problem, the window of hacking is short.

But is a team coordination skill problem.

If the player get attacked is too far from the team or the team lack of coordination and reacting time, is a skill problem.

2 Likes

Yeah if we are going to start off from “the flanker is better as a player” then we throw off the board and burn the entire house.

No.
Those are anti flanker Supports so I can also say the same, If the duo Brig+Moira are not brain dead, they can position themselves properly and push back + ping in order to kill the flankers even (not only force a retreat).

Plenty of anti flankers supports out there : Moira and Lucio are so safe against them you really shouldn’t die if you play correctly. Brig is also a good choice but less safe.

1 Like

I only play support right now and I can say that there is multiple way to get rid of nasty flankers.

Lucio just speed and boop them all around, Moira insta lock and zone them, Brig pressure them bad, ana can sleep/nade them, Kiriko and Mercy have so many tools to run away, Bap and Zen I find the harder, but if you lucky or really good with Zen you can kick them around.

There is ton of tools, and if the ennemy team have two divers, it make two people less on the ennemy front line, where you should go support instead. Stay between you tanks and your dps so you can heal the tanks and the dps will have no choice to help you.

If you have a diver team go full diver support. No point in staying behind with Ana you will be meat.

2 Likes

Given the number of complaints about supports being bad lately, why do you think repeatedly saying “its a skill problem” is helpful?

Blizzard can solve it.

1 Like

sombra’s hack is farther than brig’s mace.

Moria doesn’t have the burst and using your damage ball is waste if you don’t secure the kill right away. Plus having to play Moria every match get tiring.

15 Likes

Than play all the others supports.

Maybe not play zenyatta and ana if you can’t stay with the team or your team is bad.

Problem is that you would constantly be forced to play ONLY them (Moira/Brigitte) because Genjin/Sombra/Tracer are on EVERY match. We have like 8 supports heroes, and we’re forced to play the only same 2 that could potentially do something against flankers. So nice…

Support are just NOT fun anymore, Blizzard haven’t given them any love since the launch of OW1. They gave them the health passive regen but it’s really NOT that OP. With this 200 hp pool, you always die instantly anyway…

17 Likes

Playing Support in Overwatch 2 is so much more stressful than in Overwatch. You are constantly being flanked in Overwatch 2. And even if you ping the flankers you often don’t get any help from the rest of your team, and so you die. And then the “I need healing” voice line spam begins. And then you have a Sombra camping you at your spawn, and so you die. Then the flaming in chat begins. Rinse and repeat.

26 Likes

100% this.

Of all the things there are to dislike about Overwatch 2, the change to 5v5 for me, as a Tank/Support player, is the thing I dislike the most.

If anything I think they should’ve gone to 8v8 - 2 tanks, 3 damage, 3 supports!

9 Likes

I main Zen and sometimes I can deal with a geniji or reaper with my orb and if I can get some distance. I’ve been have a hard time with sombra but we’ll see if that gets better after the nerf. I’m not good with the other support hero’s and I know it a practice/skill thing. Most of the time I have to backline because the rest of my team is way ahead of the cart (if its a push or cart map) and if we don’t want them to backcap or at least to make progress someone’s got to stay.

There is no arguing with this guy. Everything we say is wrong and it always end with its a skill problem. Not sure how staying with the team is a solution. Did that by staying close with Rein, his shield suddenly went down and Junkrat stray bombs came in and killed me. But hey, I should stay close.

4 Likes