Support favoritsm this past few patch

why support allowed to have big aim hitbox while genji deflect got nerfed?

mercy / baby dva gun 2.5 times bigger than hanzo arrow as state by geoff

Despite the memes to the contrary, Hanzo’s arrows aren’t actually all that big. They are tied for the smallest projectile in the game with a couple other things, sich as Genji’s shurikens.

For example, Mercy and D.Va pilot weapons are 2.5x bigger than Hanzo arrows.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/hanzos-arrows-hitboxes-needs-nerf-in-size/17397/16?

moira RMB has 20 meter soft lock that will deal damage even if your track is bad
symetra that has nearly all screen autolock

i know its moira rmb are only 50 DPS, but why not buff it to 60 DPS, but reduce the hitbox

reduce also mercy and baby dva gun hitbox the same as hanzo arrow, but give it more damage

while genji has 2 sec deflect on 8 sec cooldown that expand 1 meter to the left and right of him, and people losses their mind

on PTR the radius has been reduced like more than half,
i can see 20% hitbox nerf are fair, but more than half???
as mcree u basicly have to flash his left/right hand and it will stun him, u need to flash center of his body for him to be able deflect it

on ptr u will be able to shoot genji through deflect, its like a gambling now, do u get shoot or do u not?

clips.twitch.tv/HelplessEncouragingCheesecakeBIRB
streamable.com/g42jd
twitter.com/MakinaYT/status/987121730442465282

dva can even shoot thorugh deflect

why it is fair for moira/mercy/dva but its unfair for genji?

note: im ok with mercy/moira/dva hitbox actually never complain about it
but with this genji deflect nerf i feel i want to take a “revenge”

7 Likes

The fact that Genji can get hit through deflect is a bug that they stated they will fix.

Mercy doesn’t use her gun that often. It’s her only line of defense when she has no teammates. D.va needs that damage to get her mech back.

37 Likes

Lucio is getting a high end nerf, Zen just got a nerf as well

Brigitte is ALSO getting nerfed the same way Genji is

Mercy and D.va’s pistols are only last line tools for self defense and are hardly used

You can shut Moira down with barriers; spaming Barriers makes Moira pointless as she can’t recharge her healing resource; she also promotes a more deathball style of team comp which Junkrat/ Pharah can burn down easy

Symmetra is one of the worst characters in the game; she needs SOMETHING to not be as bad as Bastion

Genji isn’t a Tank. Why did he have one of the best tank abilities for being a flanker? Also 8 seconds cooldown; that isn’t very long and some other abilities that don’t even come close to the power of deflect have longer or the same cooldown. McCree’s worthless combat roll also has 8 seconds cooldown and can’t stop ults like deflect can

11 Likes

if mercy dont use it that often so it should be no problem to reduce the hitbox matching everyone else right?

as for dva, like i said, reduce the hitbox but increase the damage
so better player will have her mech even faster than now, but inferior player will get it slower

how about moira, its 20 meter why it need to have to be that big?

note: again actually has no problem of Mercy/DVA/Moira hitbox being huge…
but since genji get this “fixed” why not other heroes too???

Mercy’s entire kit is based around supporting. Her ONLY offensive tool against attackers, especially small hard to hit flankers, is her pistol. Just because it isn’t used often doesn’t mean it requires a nerf.

Dva doesn’t need any buffs on the high end of play. Her pistol out of mech isn’t a problem and is her only useable ability. In fact, she’s so non threatening out of mech that people will intentionally leave baby dva alone to stagger her.

Moira needs the 20m range because her place is behind her team to heal them but also needs to attack enemies in order to recharge her healing resource. It’s already balanced by the fact that it is low damage, has no damage ramp up, can’t headshot, and can still miss if she isn’t tracking.

Genji’s was fixed because the hitbox was huge and he would deflect things shot far off to the side of him. Once the bug is fixed it will be fine because it will still protect all of him.

6 Likes

its a buff for lower rank lucio until diamond
its a nerf for high rank lucio

again this nerf proof they are reducing a skill cap of a hero but reducing its skill floor… which im not agree with

so this makes them have unfair advantage?

why not buff the damage but nerf the hitbox?
reward more skilled player, and punish bad player?
or it is because most mercy and dva main cant aim so they need buffer to their gun?

everything get shutdown by barier, u think hanzo dont struggle with barier? LOL
how it is a hitbox nerf has anything to do with cant charge her healing,
are most of moira main cant aim so they need a buffer?
again for compensate nerfing her hitbox we could buff her damage, or even more faster rate of charging her heal
but ur aim has to be on point

by your logic then
why dva have micromissle that she can combo to burst down her target
isnt that a DPS job?

not gonna argue with roll, since i agree it need a buff like 4-5 sec cooldown reduction

SO “don’t use it that often”=“therefor it’s ok to make it terrible?”

1 Like

do u even read what i said

NERF the hitbox but buff the damage = rewarding more skill

It’s still not good for Lucio, so how is that favouritism?

Mercy’s pistol does 20 damage, D.va’s does 14; They’re last line of defense tools for each character. Plus their hitboxes are still smaller than Junkrat and Pharah. Also ya know… Hanzo can 1 shot people with a headshot, Mercy and D.va can’t

Moira’s entire purpose is to heal; if you can’t get resource to heal, Moira’s entire purpose is lost. Hanzo can still attack people even if there are barriers, or deal large damage to them. Moira can ONLY deal 50 dps to barriers. If you nerf her soft lock, you would have to buff her healing regeneration to keep her viable.

That’s why D.va is the best tank in the game, because she has the benifit of both DPS as well as Tank. Why do you think she’s one of the highest picked character in the game?

Genji doesn’t benefit from deflect being smaller, Bridge benefits from shield bash being smaller.

More of a give-and-take that’s yet another gradual reduction of skill required to play the support role. Up next: Ana’s primary fire locks on to allies but heals 40% less!

This is incorrect and also has nothing to do with hitboxes.

Go try to cover your teammates with Genjo’s deflect like you would D.Va’s dmatrix and you’ll see why that statement is just plain silly. Deflect is plenty strong, but it’s not a “tank ability”.

While true, it was the OP saying supports get favourtism when this isn’t the case; Brigttie’s hitbox is being altered the same way as Genji’s so they’re both more inline with other hitboxes.

The only change that really matters is the decrease in speed from using wallride; the rest is already in the live game, you just have to learn how to spam spacebar right and you can do the same things

Replying to the OP about Moira’s lockon being too good? You can shut it down with any type of barrier nulling any amount of lockon she has

Have you not seen the countless videos of this happening? There was a forum post on the old forums with videos of just this happening because it was so wide.

Support favouritism?

Mercy doesn’t really use her gun all that often and when she does it’s not the best in the world. If you must insist on reducing her weapon (pulse’s?) hitbox then I’d like the (pulses?) to get to the target a bit faster. I think that’s a fair compromise?

Moira has to track a bit so I’m not sure if that’s a fair nerf/buff compromise. She helps counter Genji if he gets too close, which I realise is one of the heroes you main in competitive by the looks of it.

Support heroes are hardly favoured a great deal…

• Zenyatta got nerfed recently, not sure if this was appropriate.
  • Brigitte has also been nerfed recently, although I feel this was appropriate.
  • Mercy megavoid, over the last few months we’ve had a grand total of zero official replies and just a copy and paste main thread post pretty much. ‘Read posts stats’ on the official forum profiles also indicate they aren’t reading the megathread and continue to silence most discussions on Mercy to there.

I’d hardly call it favouritism for supports :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

And why is that necessary? if you just up the damage and lower the hit box then the power of the gun would be the same. Except how much skill can you expect from the slowest projectiles in the game?

Slow projectile along with its hit box is the reason why honzo is so inconsistent. So basically it will just make those guns inconsistant. If you want skill I would say give them faster projectile speeds then balance the damage and hit box around that.

1 Like

they haven’t said anything about fixing it, you are literally making things up

I’m like 99% sure they said they were going to fix the fact that his head isn’t protected in deflect.

they haven’t. there isn’t a single dev post about it, you are making things up. its not just his head, he can be shot through it in many situations. I was damaged through deflect 6 times in one match today, and I only have 50 ping. imagine what its like for those with higher ping.

No need to get hostile. I thought something was true when it wasn’t. It’s not like I was trying to feed false information.

will actually promote more DPS only mercy’s cause of the new damage output :eyes:

uh

that’s exactly what you were trying to do.

I wasn’t. I didn’t know something that I thought I did. That’s not trying to feed false information. That’s accidentally giving it. You’re treating it like it’s some sort of crime to be wrong about something.