Suggestions for Mercy from someone with too much time on her 📝

I modified my post to reflect her feelings, there is a disclaimer on her twitch account, so yeah, my bad x_x but from a first impression kind of thing one can mess up, sorry about that

1 Like

I would say make it 90 HPS on the primary beam and 50 HPS on the chained beams.

Damage Boost can just stay the same since the variation is in the teammates doing the damage.

The Blaster idea sounds good for making the blaster more reliable when used, but more limited, so you have to think about its use more carefully unlike Unlimited Ammo which just removes thought from managing the ammo.

2 Likes

Other suggestions:

Here my buff/nerf to Mercy.

Valkyrie

• Like it is now, but …
  • …half cast time (0,8s) to Rez
  • Eventually nerf: no infinite ammo, but more speed to projectiles

Resurrection

• Like it is now but…
  • … 20 seconds cooldown
  • … Res the mate with 50% HP

So, Valkyrie will be more engaing and will enchant all abilities. Anyway, a 30 second cooldown ability is too long for a simple ability, powerful or weak, and the Blizzard knows it, because they changed Sonic Arrow making it less powerful, but with less cooldown. So the same treatment with the res.
If you’ll res someone, it means you have time to heal him too. Your mate will have invincible seconds after rez, and that is the perfect moment to heal. In Valkyrie, this will be more simple: you’ll res and thanks chained beam you can heal him and also your team. This will bring the “more res over time” that rework promised to us.
If you res, for example, a Tracer, you will be able to heal her fastly. She has 150 HP, res will bring her 75 HP, but you can heal her fastly and this won’t be problem.
This will make Mercy more decisional: you will think who res! I could res that roadhog, thinking that he will have anyway many HP and he can heal himself, so i res him and i go to heal my mates while he returns healing him and join again in the fight.

Thank you

I thought maybe Valk and Rez could swap. You know, Valk as an E ability while old rez was brought back with changes; LoS requirement to rez and a 1s casting time (maybe), while Valk just lets you fly for a shorter time for about 8s every 30s? Not sure what to tweak.

But I like the idea that her rez is earned. Current rez feels like its handed to you on a platter, which is why I liked how the prev rez worked, you worked your butt off to get rez ready.

Also coming from the GM Mercy player, you have my respect and i wholeheartedly support this idea.

1 Like

Really odd that this is the only Mercy feedback thread allowed to stay up… hmmmm…

1 Like

Overall I like the proposed changes here. I’m hoping Blizzard revisits Mercy at some point, but I understand that they’re currently busy with reworking other heroes. I personally still play Mercy, even though I was sure I would give her up for good. But I find that my main motivating factor for playing Mercy still, is her consistent healing. I’m not good with managing Moira’s healing resource meter, I’m not consistent enough with Ana to be valuable to my team, and Brigitte’s primary heal is on a noticeable cooldown.

The main problems that I have with Mercy involves the current state of res, the current state of Valkyrie, and the emphasis on becoming a battle Mercy. In fact from my personal experience, securing kills seems about the most reliable way of getting PoTG with her. I feel like to some extent Valkyrie should provide some sort of benefit to resurrect, but instead it’s the exact opposite. Her blaster is what gets its performance amplified, while res remains completely unchanged. To me that is completely backwards.

I would much rather Blizzard put less emphasis on increasing Mercy’s dps output, and more so think of meaningful ways to actually improve the performance of her supportive capabilities during Valkyrie. Although I will admit that currently Valkyrie can output a lot healing on its own, I strangely still feel like my impact just isn’t that high due to the very gradual healing per second value that her chained healing beams offer. Perhaps if Mercy had her healing/damage boost values amplified during Valkyrie and you could more reliably keep one team member up, like how you suggested; then I’m sure using Valkyrie would feel a lot more rewarding to actually use. I personally really like that recommendation of yours because you get to make a crucial decision to specifically focus your efforts on helping to keep a certain key target alive, which has the potential to swing the fight in your team’s favor.

I would honestly be lying if I didn’t say that my current my mindset when I use Valkyrie is: “Guys group up and push in when I ult, and let’s hope for the best.” But as much as I like your proposed change to Valkyrie, Blizzard would have to keep a real close eye on the power of Pharah/Mercy. For those 12 seconds not only would Pharah be significantly harder to kill, but her rockets would do significantly more damage. Maybe even going so far as to being able to 1 shot a full health 200hp hero, with a single direct impact. So perhaps double her healing per second value during Valk, at the cost of chain healing/damage boosting, and reduce the amplification of her damage boost to maybe 35-40%?

I know everyone has their different views on Mercy, and her current state in the game, and I can respect that. Personally I just feel like Mercy, although viable, is in a pretty weird spot right now. She’s definitely in a usable condition, but it just feels like a lot of what goes on is sort of out of your control. At least in my opinion anyway.

2 Likes

If it was shunted into the mega-void, I think that even the British perennial Mercy hater would raise a stink over it. But only because of how big a name EeveeA is.

2 Likes

I find these ideas not so great for a few reasons

1. rez as an ability is awful because of how it cuts into the flow of gameplay, if we cna’t find a way to make it instant cast it shouldn’t be there.
  2. it borderliens on OP
  3. it dosen’t go far enough to address the passive aspect of Valkyrie, nerf those chain beams and nerf them hard I say.
3 Likes

Honestly, itd be a missed chance if they even ignore someone as BIG as Eeveea. Could be they see potential and want it discussed? Im just being positive here.

The only thread to survive the megathread/megavoid so far. I’m glad to see it’s still alive even if they are ignoring it. It might be better to continue discussing Mercy feedback here rather than in the megathread since it’s so messed up thanks to multiple different discussions/threads getting thrown in carelessly on a regular basis.

Personally I’d just like to see Valkyrie change in a way that there’s risk and reward, as right now it’s not risky and neither that rewarding. It’s essentially Mercy on autopilot and flying around for 15 seconds, but unfortunately even small amounts of burst damage can outheal the chain beams. Unlike Lucio, Ana, Moira and Zenyatta, they have situational ultimate abilities which most other heroes also have. After all, shouldn’t an ultimate ability be and feel special? Right now Valkyrie is not special, it doesn’t feel like it’s an ultimate ability. It feels like a standard ability while resurrect feels like the ultimate ability.

3 Likes

Pretty much.

That’s why I still want Blizzard to swap them. Rez on Q, Valk on E and balance accordingly.

8 Likes

Bump, to keep this from being forgotten.

Huh, I thought that Eevee’s thread was posted on the old forums. Well, guess it’s one of the longest, Mercy related threads which wasn’t trashed… yet xd

THE eeveeA from the legendary tales?!?

Will you sign my breasts?

1 Like

Blizzard’s hoping that, if they just ignore this thread, it’ll eventually be forgotten, so they won’t have to move it, and risk a major backlash.

4 Likes

I second this, the backlash that would happen would be a PR nightmare.

lets not go through another mercy buff / nerf cycle. Last one took a year to make mercy stable and actually enjoyable to play.

Took 6 months to transition between enjoyable, to overpowered, to having the lowest skill-ceiling she has ever had, resulting in the least engaging playstyle she has ever had… She is currently in the least fun state she has ever been in, and I hate her…

6 Likes

lolno. She’s boring. Give me launch Mercy plz. I’ll take being a troll pick over her current state.

4 Likes

I am half necro-ing this thread to bring attention to these great changes presented by one of the best mercy players in the game.

1 Like