Things like
Duration
Passive Regen
Chain Healing (nerf or removal)

Things that can be buffed/changed

Rez
Primary Beam

1 Like

The only thread to not have been censored (moved) into the megathread. It has some great suggestions but it’s a shame Jeff (and the team?) aren’t open to any Mercy feedback in reality. Pick rate and win rate only matter apparently. The megathread is sadly just a misleading censorship thread, not a thread where they actually want to hear about feedback.

5 Likes

People use the statistics as an argument that Mercy is perfectly fine, but don’t wanna talk about how her kit is messed up and how unfun and boring she is. She has an ultimate in her E, and an E in her ultimate; this is not fine. Plus, most people don’t play her because they enjoy her, but because she is strong as heck.
With all my respect, I lost my hope in Blizz really.

8 Likes

Why are you surprised? We had the Mei and d.Va mega-threads preceding Mercy’s.

1 Like

I decided to revisit this since it bumped and honestly, I’m a little surprised at how busted this would make her. (Plus it’ll bring back the issue that people will pop Valkyrie just to rez which they did want). Like

1 Like

You think? I honestly see it as a massive nerf and I’m surprised Mercy mains stand behind this idea… I mean, removing her AoE healing is literally taking 240 hp/s from her ult and giving her double healing on a single target, which is not so bad but I would like to see the struggle on Mercy mains faces when their whole team dies out of residual damage except for the one…

Making resurrect “earnable” means that if your teammate is suddenly wiped you might not have it ready to use so erasing picks is a no no, alas when you do use it it’s less of a channel time but there will be mercys (mercies?) out there who don’t do enough as to earn the ability and then the complains will follow…

It’s either broken in that it’ll make her useless or broken in that it’ll make her a must pick, but I can’t fully tell which yet. Either way, it’s busted LMAO. She has no AoE now but she has a ludicrously broken damage boost. The faster rate of fire is a nerf because you’d run out of your clip so fast. Rez with a halved cast time in ult would make people valk JUST for rez which isn’t good. My favorite part is when they compare the ults to try to show that a 60% damage buff isn’t broken when it just makes it look more busted.

It’ll either make her trash or make her the same as she was when she was OP… lol

1 Like

Well… With a generalization like that (which you tend to do often regarding your own image of what a Mercy main “acts” like). I’m not surprised that the suggestion Eevee made, that a lot of Mercy mains agreed with, surprises you.

It really shows how you don’t understand most Mercy mains who liked that post and out of touch that remark you made about Mercy mains was. But then again, not that that is a surprising observation from people who generalize Mercy mains into one sterotype.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

7 Likes

ha, all I’m saying is that I agree with eeveea, in no part of his post there’s a mention to a revert which you have suggested countless times, call me crazy but I would believe that not many of you wouldn’t be entirely happy with nerfing Mercy and stabilizing her pickrate numbers even more, if you are good for you

Also, I’m ok with bumping this thread, if we get to play a nerfed version of Mercy where you have to be even more active I’m all for it

With the way I play Mercy, these changes would actually be a buff.

2 Likes

Blizzard wasn’t against the idea of rez being a corner stone of Valk though, in the patch notes preceeding the last nerfs they literally said something to the effect of “This way Rez will still feel more powerful in Valkyrie”
And the newest patch notes pertaining to Mercy literallysaid that it was that dual rez was letting her circumvent the nerfs and still be powerful, it had nothing to do with blizz not liking the idea of valk being popped for rez.

1 Like
  1. You do realie that the fact that aspect of healing looks like a buff should be at least somewhat evidence of the fact of how non powerful this ultimate actually feels right?
  2. You’re assuming you’re only going to be healing 1 target the entirety of valk. Newsflash, healing priority and quickly switching targets is a coernerstone of Mercy’s base kit and the fact that Valkyrie takes that away fro entire fights is one of the probems people have.
  3. Your second paragraph literally just goes over how some mercy players wouldn’t have it ready or other factors. As if that wasn’t one of the most enjoyable aspects of 1.0 Mercy to many of the people who want this or something like this to go through.
    This would add some semblance of skill, knowing when or how to use it and having a clear value to this powerful resource that is a finite amount and skill can make it less finite
4 Likes

Thank you for your suggestions. I find them correct for the point that Mercy should arrive.

Here my suggestions:

MASS RES HIGH NOON EDITION

Ultimate: Mass Resurrection (High noon edition)

Mercy will go in a “high noon” mode, after 1,75 cast time (or however cast time) she will be able to res souls that she sees (LOS). When casted, you press your left button mouse and from the staff will start projectiles that go and hit the souls, reviving the teamates. (Of if you want to keep the “rising hand” as animation, she can casting the “soul” in her hand and then when release, the light will spread and start projectiles to mates’ souls)
*How counter: Cast time like the high noon, or also when you are “casting” the enemies will see the souls, so they will able to put a shield between, “blocking” the ressing projectiles.

E ability Valkyrie:

• GA range and GA speed increased slightly
  • 5-7s duration
  • 16s cooldown
  • Only fly
  • So you can use Valkyrie to escape, to position or also to have a better seen of the souls you’re gonna res with your Q.
BUFF CURRENT MERCY

Just halving the cast-time of rez in Valkyrie. Every other could be the same. But i think this will bring more flow to Mercy.

SINGLE RES ULTIMATE

Ultimate: Resurrection

• Single res
  • Mercy activates the ultimate. Mercy will put a halo on one selected mate. The halo will last 5 seconds (variable). If the mate dying, the soul will travel to current Mercy position and will res there. (Like Kheprii’s Ultimate in Smite:
    https://youtu.be/iuEOnSJygy8?t=1m53s)
  • If Mercy will die before the finish of the 5seconds, the eventually dead mate will be ressed where he died.
  • Skill ceiling: Mercy will keep a good position also for his rezzed mate. This will could bring interesting synergy with many heroes
    Example: Rezzed Reaper and the souls will come up on a platform. Reaper, after rezzed, could jump down and ult.
  • The “Haloed” mate could push or try to make more damage he can.
  • Countering: not killing that enemy with the Halo. Or killed and re-kill.
  • Eventually things to see: rezzed mate with full hp or half hp. If you’re good positioned, you could rez him with half and heal him because he will be near you easily
  • Eventually buff: if the rez won’t happen (hero with halo doesn’t die) the ultimate will be refunded with 20% charge ultimate).

E ability: Valkyrie

• 6-8 s duration (variable)
  • 16-18 cooldown (variable)
  • Only fly
  • Slightly increased movement speed
  • slightly increased GA range
  • Valkyrie will be perfect to select the better hero for your halo, to escape, or to have a vision of the war helping you managing the heals.

I think this will bring the perfect flow Mercy need, without making her overpowered and overnerfed. One res could seem not so good, BUT your res will help your team while you keep your healing up and gain some position to your mate for making their dirty job.

Imho, i prefer the “Single res ultimate” version.
Thank you.

I agree with almost everything, but I think that the chain healing should remain. It just helps out in high stress situations, and allows garbage Diamonds, like me, to not have to micromanage/stress so much. Maybe reduce its healing, but I find it’s just good for her kit.

Everything else seems really good, but I have 2 questions:

1. Would Mercy retain some of the progress for res if she died?
  2. Would she also need to make progress with valk? Maybe cost would be slightly less when in valk?

Do you realize how useless high noon is? And right now we are in barrier watch, that would be underpowered as hell for an ultimate.

In other words, first idea won’t work

Second idea might but honestly if we can nerf or remove it outside of valk entirely it would be more or less balanced with no cast at all.

Higher risk, high reward. None could complain if rezzed like High noon. A good McCree know how using high noon, a good Mercy will res.
Anyway, as i said, i prefer the single res ultimate. It seems balanced, helpfull.

I don’t think anyway Valkyrie and Res could bring together. Res must be or the Ultimate or the ability. I don’t believe you can have a ValkRez without nerfing her ultimate down to the ground. Or maybe make the res only in Valk, but with which cd? Or maybe, put a “300” HP of the souls: the res will be done if you “heal” the souls to 300 HP, and with chained beam it could be viable.

:man_shrugging:
Anyway thank you for your feedback

The best Mccrees will often use it just to reload faster.

I don’t want to make you sad my dear friend but, I don’t like your ideas. :confused:

1 Like

Interesting ideas, but I think her gun is good the way it is. Could be a little faster I suppose.

:man_shrugging::rofl:
Interesting to know it, thank you!

1 Like