Suggesting a change to hanzo

Hey guys what if we made some changes to hanzo around his storm arrows to make him more dedicated anti barrier.

Suggested change for storm arrows: damage down to 50 from 70, remove ability to head shot. Storm arrows now do 100 damage to barriers.

He may still need some tweaks to other areas of his kit but how would you feel about a change like this

How about his primary?

5 Likes

Ultimately I’d like changes to both snipers around their primaries. I know for a fact that will spawn some hate tho so I kept it to just a change for storm arrrows where he needs to hit 2 minimum shots and a primary to secure the kill and 4 up from 3 for just storm arrows.

This moves him into a more anti tank vs widow who I see should be moved to anti squishy with her tank busting ability toned down.

1 Like

Sorry but no that would make sigma/orisa barrier unusable

He already destroys them very easy

4 Likes

I’d love it more if they just left storm arrows alone, but reverted the projectile speed for primary fire. Just as a place to start.

we nerfed barriers to make hanzo shredd it, didn’t you catch the point of update? so what is the point if you cant brake them?

They only need to remove crits from storm arrow

Removing crits still means he can 3 shot 200’s. While still unloading into tank barriers. Seems a bit overturned to me.

And reduce the number of arrows to 3.

5 is ok. It’s not enough to kill 2 targets at full hp

No one ability should even be close to the kind of damage Storm can do right now, even without crits. 4 is the absolute max it should be.

It’s an ability, not an ultimate.

Also you can fire a normal arrow, then instantly fire storm arrows.

1 Like

How about we just make storm arrows 50, no headshot, and only 3 of them and not give them any buff against barriers.

Hanzo just needs straight up nerfs not nerfs + buffs. And I would love to nerf Storm Arrows to help force him back into a mid-long range instead of letting him work as well close range as he does.

It’s weird to me when people act like Hanzo needs the equivalent of 4 Junkrat concussion mines.

1 Like

I’d rather do the opposite. Let him keep the head shots and damage but remove the shield break. Aren’t shields supposed to counter snipers?

Yeah, but shields are gonna break regardless, would be nice if he did less.

Not what’s really important is that Hanzo can’t melt a Tank that’s got a gigantic head hitbox and is within melee range of Hanzo.

1 Like

Who’s to say what a sniper is or isn’t supposed to do. I think it’s cool that hanzo has some shield break. It separates him from widow. What’s not cool is his ability to burst down tanks that get on top of him.

50 damage with no head shots with 5 arrows is 250 damage if he hits all his shots. If he did 50 additional to barriers that makes it 500 damage over slightly longer of a period than soldiers clip

I’ll say the same thing back! Who’s to say that what sniper should be, I don’t mind him doing that much damage :man_shrugging:t2: but I appreciate your view

What about replacing Storm arrow with a single “Disrupter” Arrow on a 13 second cooldown? One shot = 300 damage to a barrier ; or up to 250 personal shield reduction + 50 projectile damage (100 for headshots). This would permit him to severely reduce a Wreckingball’s Adaptive Shields in one shot, remove Doomfist’s ability shields entirely or staright drop a Zenyatta with a direct body shot.

Even then you can’t kill more than two full hp heroes or one full hp tank.