Sugar Plum Fairy wings are a bit off putting

I know tons of people are already talking about it but come on blizzard, you give us a beautiful skin with a unique forest-elf palette, then throw on the boring yellow default glow? If anything copy paste the purple ones from Imp, or the green wings from Fortune. Otherwise I love it, but the yellow really just throws the whole thing off, I can’t imagine how awkward it’d look ingame or in highlight intros.

84 Likes

You even said that you know people are talking about this. I support your cause, but I don’t support the making of the upteenth thread on it.

8 Likes

just trying to shove it into blizzards face, they should know their fault and realize people are mad. This is the hanzo skin from last year all over

20 Likes

why don’t you like the color yellow though? logically from a color theory perspective it should work more than one way, purple is a contrasting color to yellow, green is a harmonizing color to yellow.

don’t get what the problem is. if you put green wings instead or purple it’s actually less color variation, the only other color variation that would actually add anything it would be red or yellow.

2 Likes

This is why mercy has a bad name.

6 Likes

https://image.prntscr.com/image/d7sJ3SGkQfG29LIounwyRw.png

Look at how beautiful these wings look with the skin.

#ChangeMercysWings

29 Likes

I didn’t even notice the Fortune or Imp skins having a different wing effect color from the rest…

Also, I can understand fans feeling disappointed about it, but anyone who would describe themselves as feeling up in arms over it need to take a few steps back for a second.

4 Likes

I’ve always wanted an elf themed skin, one for mercy was quite surprising. But the fact they already we’re doing a forest-elf palette, why’d they go with yellow? It just sticks out to me like a green apple in a red orchard. The skin is purple, green, and blue. Sometimes throwing in a contrast color, especially since purple+yellow compliment each other, but it just seems really bold in kinda a weird way.

13 Likes

Meanwhile, some heroes won’t even get a skin since event. I have most hours on D.Va and even if she doesn’t get a skin this round, I’d still be grateful for the other skins available.

1 Like

this is exactly what i mean >-> the yellow can look good but not a solid yellow. This reminds me of the fortune skin with the gradient, adding in yellow in a soft way, kinda like the theme of having a cute pixie.

13 Likes

I understand how you feel, i’m not complaining that much i’m glad she got a skin, but mercy fans have waited 3 years for a snow-angel skin, then we get a pixie skin with a little bit of a hiccup in the wings, i’m just jumping on the bandwagon with everyone else, i didn’t wait this long for something to bother me so much

8 Likes

because it sticks out and gives interest.

they could have made the wings blue and had yellow accents too to make it look more interesting. but if they wouldn’t have a contrasting color in there it wouldn’t create as much interest and she would meld into the background too much i think.

sometimes it’s not even about esthetics, sometimes the colors are there for design purpose.

Honestly it just looks mildly lazy. Everyone says “oh the yellow looks beautiful” and i can agree yellow could look good, but the fact they made this entire skin, and didn’t change the effect of the wings in any way is kinda annoying. That’s like working hours on an art project then coloring it with crayons, they could have prevented it but they didn’t and that’s my beef.

15 Likes

I kinda like the contrast of the yellow agains the rest of the skin for this one… However man am I dirty that the OWL skins still have the yellow wings :frowning:

1 Like

yea thats pretty lazy to just throw the sh!tty default ones on

7 Likes

so your angry they are using yellow wings because her original skin has yellow wings? i’m sorry that’s not a good reason to be angry, think of the dumb color choices they could have done and yellow wasn’t a complimentary color and still had it be yellow, now that would be lazy. instead they incorporated the yellow wings into the design which was clever and resourceful.

but knowing this community they will whine until the devs change it anyways, because the loudest wheel allways gets the grease.

i like the default wings a lot too, but isnt this the first mercy legendary to not have special wings??

3 Likes

Winged Victory, and Zhuque have default wings, but the yellow fits them.

7 Likes

I think a couple of others do aswell, I think they choose the wing colour that looks nice for the most part.

I like the way the gold/yellow against the green looks… and it kinda gave me more of a fairy vibe.

Look at all the other skins. They all have a common theme, and the wings match the theme. Even her base game legendaries have different wings. Valkyrie, Imp, and Devil are all special. The only skins that still has default is Zhuque, and Winged Victory. But they already compliment the skin as is, and a change would be more of a luxury add-on. When it comes down to more intricate skin such as Witch, Imp, and Pink, it makes sense to have a winged themed towards the skin itself. So when we receive a skin as detailed and gorgeous as Fairy, we’d expect a custom wing detail so it’d compliment the skin even more. But instead they throw on the most plain and basic one, making the whole skin stand out awkwardly. You wouldn’t want a ferrari with toyota rims… it ruins the whole aspect of having an extravagant exterior.

5 Likes