Subtitles just got added on the PTR

And dey say-
And dey say-
And dey say-
And dey say-SHUT THE HECK UP DUMBFIST!!

1 Like

Couldn’t that also be an advantage tho? Assuming it works for both teams, you could hear the enemy when they are flanking

IKR … I love the overall character design… a sound-based Omnic character would be a cool idea - sort of a DPS variation of Lucio.

Me being almost completely deaf, I find this to be awsome.

This is great! Maybe that’s why it was much a big patch.

I agree, this is a great update for us that can’t understand and hear things very well.

1 Like

It may be quite an disadvantage for Sombra. You can easily miss her acknowledging to everyone that she decloaked, but the text will be visible for some time.

That is nice, man! I remember deaf people asking for this in the old forums, they finally did it!

1 Like

Not so sure about turning on Sombra, but there is no lag that I have seen in PTR.

It is customizable, also only 3 voice lines appear at one time.

Still a work in progress. They are missing some lines, specifically McCree’s “It’s High Noon”. But they are working on it.

AH, now I see what BouncyKnight was talking about. It’s on PTR, so easy to see if it has been added yet or not. Let me check…

YEP, it does show up in the caption at bottom of screen when she decloaks.

Sombra: (Spanish) Hay there.

1 Like

As a deaf person and I speak for everybody with hearing impaired this is absolutely fantastic news. Thank you very much Overwatch <3

4 Likes

Wow, I’ve been waiting for something like this!

1 Like