Stylosa's Brig opinion is worth a watch

But that’s exactly what they did on her 222 release

I agree here,

People like to say that we keep saying Brig will be dead after each patch. In reality I and others are disappointed that her initial character and purpose are being removed due to armour and tankiness loss.

3 Likes

I’d take 250 HP Brig with 200 HP barrier, she was fine that way until they nerfed the packs and compensated the barrier, sounds like it didn’t need it.

More barrier = more duelist + more inspire uptime
Less barrier = less duelist + less inspire uptime

She would have been fine with that 200 HP barrier despite the packs nerf.

3 Likes

Brig is a support that can do most things with relative ease and minimal drawbacks.

What they need to do is a full on rework

1 Like

I don’t think it’s worth watching at all. Rather just have an excerpt I could read, which doesn’t take 10 minutes of blabbering to figure out.

So going off of the only excerpt I have here: I won’t be surprised at all if the nerfs make it into live. A lot of poeple tout Brig as the worst hero in the game, not just the worst support – the worst hero to play against. They relish any nerfs she could get. She may even eventually lose her kit altogether to justify making her a tanky support character (without stuns).

1 Like

that’s not true. you can’t faceroll brig into high ranks, despite what most people that never played brig for a relevant amount of time say.

11 Likes

250hp+ armor, 400 barrier, double self heal, no stun :slight_smile:

That’s too much for self heals and barrier, that makes her a bulky duelist.
Grey, I think if you invest in mobility for her with the bash instead of self sustain, it makes positioning matter more, it makes the character more risky and skillful.
I’d say:
250hp, 200 (or 250) barrier, 10 (or 12) hps self heal, no stun, but Bash 5 secs CD.
I’d rather lower the Bash CD if it doesn’t apply a Stun and make positioning matter more.

Which is fine, mostly trying to get rid of the “Brig can provide anti-Dive offtank tier Peeling, for compositions that don’t have an offtank i.e. DoubleBarrier”

If she’s more durable or a better duelist, that’s fine.

But why would you keep an ability that does 5 damage and nothing else on a 7 sec CD?

I’d keep her with low self heals, since barrier already self regens too, and make her get more mobility to reach melee range, rather than bulkiness, but that’s my opinion.

Dunno, give it more damage, maybe a knockback.

Just whatever buffs are needed after you delete her stun.

1 Like

Honestly, this community takes blame for the shape Brig is in as well.

I will keep saying the biggest issue with the ‘rework’ is that it conflicts with her kit and will always be. They wanted her to be a frontliner well to bad! Here’s a rework to make her into a main healer who’s a close range fighter who can’t get into close range.

I loved old Brig cause she was a brawler and brought something different to the support cast then just another backrow healer which we have plenty of… I didn’t care if she was overpowered or underpowered that was fun to me.

13 Likes

Well, I guess the concept of a Tank-Support hybrid is just too powerful for the game.

Any Support or Tank already is a damage dealer, a hybrid of those two classes is also a hybrid of all the three roles.

That’s a lot of utility for a character to provide, which in turn, has less draw-backs compared to other heroes.

The most accurate thing I’ve ever heard him say. Wow, that really sums it up well.

1 Like

not true at all.

Brig is only good at the highest ranks.

Ana dominates almost all ranks even the lower ones lol

1 Like

No, she’s good at every rank. It’s just that in the lower ranks, there are other heroes that can get more value with ease. I.e. Moira and Mercy. Ana is just too good atm.

• Stylosa: Moira, throw that purple ball towards enemy team, while you waiting on defend, it´s better than doing nothing!
  • Also Stylosa in different video: Moira, don´t throw your purple orb while waiting for the enemy team, it has no value and you will need it for heal maybe soon!

Yep, he can be confusing sometimes. Also he is probably very good on most heroes, but his Mercy guide…nope.

But yes, he is right in this video. Honestly, Hard to belive, that Brig had 600 hp barrier, I didn´t play back than, but what they do with her lately…damm

8 Likes

I generally like Stylosa. Sometimes in his excitement he gets things wrong, and that can be frustrating, but he is an open minded guy and he often comes around to a more reasonable opinion in time. Even if we still don’t see eye to eye all the time, at least he makes some attempt at consideration of other viewpoints.

1 Like

Thing I noticed with Stylosa is that he makes a video with assumptions about the changes first, then a video a while later after he actually played the changes when they’ve settled.

3 Likes

Dude his thumbnail has him claiming that the Zen buffs are insane. Forgive me if I don’t take his views on balance seriously.

Also I love how we are yet again having the issue where a content creator’s opinion isn’t worth anything… until they agree with me.