Stylosa's Brig opinion is worth a watch

I’m not one to link a YouTuber’s opinion on something, but I believe Stylosa is one of the only unbiased YouTubers that see things from both sides of the argument on these nerfs.

In this video, he basically says “Brigitte’s fantasy is to be a frontline, tanky support and the health nerf strips that away from her. If she isn’t meant to be a tanky Support, what is she? I will be surprised if the health nerf is pushed to live.”

45 Likes

he can be good then sometimes he says some really weird things like in one of his coaching videos he complained about a sombra hacking a health pack, i agree with what he says there though

16 Likes

He brings some good points up

What is the plan for Brig, Blizzard? What’s the endgame?

What are you trying to mold her to be?

What’s her purpose?

Why pick her over any other support if these nerfs go thru?

Her identity is being lost with each double/triple nerf you slam her with

66 Likes

Wasn’t he happy she was gutted in his expiermental video?

2 Likes

Why is she there? Just to suffer?

13 Likes

I want a fun game mode with Brig 1.0. That’s all. ^^

2 Likes

It’s most important to me that she stays a support/tank hybrid. I don’t want her pushed closer and closer into healer territory.

10 Likes

I wish we had the option to choose a patch version for every hero to make the ultimate overwatch game. Presets are just too juicy to ignore

she is meant to be close with her team to get somewhere but whip shot and repair pack and inspire have quite long range so i wonder what would happen if the range gets nerfed rather than heal and health numbers

1 Like

a Support

1 Like

I got no problems with her being durable.

I got problems with her Stun.

Don’t lower her HP, but keep the selfheal buffs.
Then remove the stun, maybe buff her shield.

3 Likes

Ah yes, I can feel my head throbbing with knowledge and wisdom as I sip upon this Sauvignon blanc.

1 Like

If everyone’s goal is to have brig be a tank/support hybrid. Do we think is okay that her healing is tied to damage? Because the tricky thing with brig is she kind of can play all three roles a little. Or at least she used to. So maybe a small rework is in order, where her healing is tied to her barrier health vs her damage done. Buff her shield health and make it so inspire is determined by the amount of shield health.

Yeah i rarely agree with Styolosa but he states the problem with hero nerfs.

Why pick this hero when hero X is way better in there role

Sty kinda changes his tone depending on what his audience is saying. I can’t say I blame him though as it is his livelihood, and it requires him to be receptive to what his audience are saying. I haven’t watched him for years though as I stopped following gaming YouTubers.

A support bodyguard. That’s her niche and even with this nerf she will do this just fine.

brig was ment to be the first experience for supports to try and develop a taste for tanking or bridge the knowledge gap a bit and it was also a way for tanks to try supporting, now would i say she does that anymore?

well no not really.
she’s been turned into more of a support and lost a lot of tank flavor which means it really doesn’t bridge that gap anymore, it doesn’t really translate very well anymore.

she’s kinda the odd one out as she was supposed to be the tank in the support roster.

and sure that led to some issues but i think that stemmed mostly from her having too much healing and damage mitigation through inspire, repair pack and rally.
and all they really had to do was make sure she didn’t output as much healing and indirectly mitigated damage through armor for her allies as her tank side of her kit allready provided a lot of value all on it’s own.

Well you could think this but they double nerfed her healing 2 patches ago,

they nerfed her healing pack last patch,

and this patch they’re nerfing her inspire healing…

So seems they don’t want her to be a good healer either

15 Likes

I tend to stop listening when someone says “brig caused goats”

I don’t mind Sty…but…yeah…

4 Likes

she was the final piece of that puzzle