(Sty) OW2 PVE is FREE? XBOX Game Pass UPDATE!

(Just waking up)

Grabbing coffee :coffee:

“Stylosa breaks down the Overwatch Game Pass news. CEO of XBOX Phil Spencer says Blizzard games, including Overwatch and Overwatch 2 will be coming to Game Pass as soon as Microsoft completes it’s takeover of Activision Blizzard King. This almost certainly means that Game Pass subscribers will receive PvE for free, but what about PvP rewards? Remember, Overwatch 2 is going Free to Play on October 4th, so they have to give additional rewards to Game Pass subscribers!”

3 Likes

Cool. Kinda exactly what I expected, but Cool.

2 Likes

I like game pass.

It introduced me to a lot of good indie games this year.

Honestly was my highlight.

1 Like

game pass is really cool i just dread the day they will make it more than 10$ a month, got like a couple years though got it earlier when it was cheaper.

For the old people in the room: what’s “game pass”?

I haven’t owned a console in 20 years.

1 Like

Just “sort of” owning 100 free games just because you have a certain console.

That’s game pass

1 Like

it may not happen UK is already filing to block it they say its bad for competition

2 Likes

It’s like Netflix for video games. As long as you’re subscribed, all the games on there you can play. When your subscription ends you can’t play them anymore. It’s really good value for people who like to play lots of games, and are done with them once they beat it. For people who just like to play a couple games for a lot of hours, probably not worth.

4 Likes

“What competition in the UK?”

i think what the uk is getting at is it lowers competition in the gaming market if microsoft is allowed and in relaity microsoft is just as bad as the ceo of activision-blizzard

Yes, but counter point…

So is EVERYONE ELSE in competitions…

:roll_eyes: Just shaking my head…

UK has bigger problems it should be focusing on…

3 Likes

its not free…

last time i checked you gots to buy the game pass monthly or yearly

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Microsoft’s leadership team hasn’t left voicemails to his staff that he’s going to murder them.

5 Likes

If it’s in “”

That means it’s not me who said it.

It’s not my fault Sty does not understand Game Pass.

Wouldn’t this news suggest that PvE is paid, not free? Otherwise, there would be no point to put it on Game Pass.

3 Likes

It’s more bad advertising on Xbox end.

Really it is free, but only because your paying 10 dollars a year anyway for an entire garage of free games.

(Not to mention xbox live etc…)

1 Like

ive heard of stories of sexism going on over at microsoft as well according to some

Just saw this about the shop, but dunno if its a clone from Apex or thats actually how its going to look like

It seems that all we have now are estimations about the BP, Gamepass and the Shop

The issue isn’t so much the sexism, as upper management and HR ignoring or hiding it.

People are going to behave badly. The question is if management punishes it properly.

Oh. So does “F2P” not exist on consoles like XBox?

Never really thought about it.