(Sty) OW2 having NO NEW DPS Heroes until 2024!

"Stylosa discusses Overwatch 2 having NO NEW DPS Heroes until 2024! The Devs are focusing on introducing new tanks and support to balance out the roster! The Devs also speak about bringing more Mercy “style” heroes to the game along with teasing a new hero with a much requested new mechanic!

Chapters:
0:00 Intro
0:35 Why New Seasons Every 9 Weeks?
3:48 Season 8 Hero Testing
6:11 Why Overwatch 2 Has a Battle Pass
10:20 New Content Plan (Heroes and Maps)
11:14 New Hero Mechanics
12:32 New Mercy Style Heroes!
14:09 NO NEW DPS HEROES UNTIL 2024?!"

edit: Going to link this topic (seeing you guys bumping this anyway)

Geoff Goodman has apparently been fired - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

Because it brightened my day a bit from a forced retired Sym Support main PoV

6 Likes

Their ultimate makes every hero wear a bikini?

24 Likes

No, they’re saving that for the Genji rework.

3 Likes

Looks like they’re really trying to even out the roster :slight_smile: Another community complaint being addressed, lets go!

26 Likes

Don’t think it’s a big deal, tank and support (especially support) categories were starving for new characters and now we’re finally get new additions.

12 Likes

I think even when jeff was still around there was some stuff about multiple tanks and supports being made, so its not that supprising they releasing them now.
The only question is if they just doing them one by one to streach content out before they run out of ideas to soon for new game! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah honestly, I wouldn’t mind if they said 2025.

3 Likes

I mean good? We are desperately in need of more tanks and supports. They should look into balancing out the DPS roster instead of pumping new heroes. Sojourn is still a new ranged dps.

1 Like

They are finally beginning to equalize the rosters?
I almost can’t believe it! :open_mouth:
And it only took them 6 years to start addressing this issue!

Widows ultimate finally doing what everyone wishes it would do? :innocent:

3 Likes

Technically Game Balance is still a mess.

We still could possibly see more role reworks before 2024 and OW2 PvE (OW3)

1 Like

By having queue times?

They can’t gain new DPS players, or even keep their old ones if the queue times will blow out.

Just get rid of role queue to fix queue times.

Or maybe fix the actual problem.

6 Likes

Well I think thats fair because they already have a huge amount of options, Echo was a DPS after all and supports will be the new bottle neck for OW2. So doing that is good. We were asking for this a long time ago. DPS can take a break.

1 Like

They’re going to be adding supports above all else. Only way to fix queue times.

1 Like

I don’t understand why the forum lately portrays YT video spam as OP but … ok.

Honestly, Overwatch is in serious need of new support, and paradoxically the tanks … are also too many for the amount required in a match (1 slot). I don’t think we’re going to expect 17 support and 17 dps but … a 2/3 quantitative ratio would be ideal (around 11-12 support on 17 dps). Tanks currently have a very good amount of in-game requests for their queue.

1 Like

The same way OW1 somehow retained Tank & Support players.
Whichever way that is.

1 Like

Good, let them suffer. Let them cry. It’s about time they brought balance to the hero roster’s numbers.

2 Likes

as much as I like that in a way it is a bad strategy. you all have to be honest and realize DPS AND FRAGGING brings in players from fps games and MAKES money. IT IS the most popular role and has been for the longevity of overwatch. people want to KILL in a fps game

i mean tanking and healing are fun roles as well but the people who like them are sparse compared to cold hearted killers

just the way it is…

i like the decision tho but will it work? is it suicide for the game? we’ll see

Being honest they should stop making more DPS heroes and focus on bringing current other DPS up to speed. Create more Tanks and Supports overall

So on release, OW2 will have 17 DPS, 10 tanks, and 8 supports (one of which will be locked for newcomers, so really only 7 still). Even with the new tank/supports incoming, it’s still gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time before either roster can ever match the DPS one. And locking the new heroes behind a grindwall will not help in the slightest.

This is a step forward though. A baby step, but I think those are the most important ones. :slight_smile:

Still not buying battlepasses though lol

3 Likes

dps just got surjurn… ??

also all new heroes gonna be dps clowns on different roles so its not really a problem.

2 Likes