Stuck on loading screen Got suspended and Lost sr

I Launched into a competitive match. My game was stuck on the loading screen showing the names of the players on both screens. I seemed to be the only one in the match that was stuck on this screen. Then I heard the boot countdown. I was then kicked from the match, and I got suspended and lost 50sr.

How is that even fair?

2 Likes

The symptom behind this is it usually due to a very poor connection between you and the game server. If this is happening frequently, check these steps first:

As always all technical malfunctions do count as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. Details on this policy can be found here:

I have video footage of me sitting in the loading screen while communicating with the rest of the players in the game. But of course… It’s my fault.

Doesn’t matter, its still the same issue. When a player leaves a game (intentionally or not) it disrupts the game for all other players (even in the pre-game as the match cancels). To discourage players from attempting to play high-stake game modes like Competitive, penalties are enforced to encourage players to correct any issues and test in modes like Quick Play before risking Competitive again.

Blizzard sounds like Trump… never admits blame, always puts the blame at everyone else. Just like when players blame each other but refuse to look at what they did wrong.

Like lets be honest… if you guys were so perfect, then you wouldn’t have to patch anything.

SYMMETRA,

WyomingMyst doesn’t work for Blizzard, he’s a volunteer player like you. That said, he’s given you the correct info.

While I know it is aggravating to run into something that feels outside of your control, these loading screen lockups happen when you fail to connect to a game. If you’d like to troubleshoot the problem, we’re more than happy to help you troubleshoot the cause of the DC. However, we do not restore SR for any reason, and this isn’t the right forum for feedback on the competitive system.

If you do want to diagnose the issue, it’d help to get information on your connection. If you’re still having this problem, please create a WinMTR test which catches a disconnection. You want to restart the test every 10-15 minutes until you catch one of these problems. Once you’ve caught one red handed, run the test for about 5 more minutes. This will let us look for problems between your house and our servers which may cause this.

If you have problems with posting it due to a link error, go ahead and copy paste this into your next post, and replace “WinMTR goes here” with your test.

~~~~
WinMTR goes here
~~~~

I recommend avoiding high stakes modes until we figure out why you’re having this problem.