Stuck on applying update

I just got banned for forty minutes for exiting the game during the “applying update” bug a second time. Can I appeal this please, and can this bug be addressed. At least put it in the known problems.

12 Likes

You are not alone in this regarding this matter my friend.
I am too affected by this nefarious bug/issue.
Has happen even more lately. I believe about 8 times today.

Has found some guides to do if this happen. But it is the usual standard what to do if something goes awry.
Restart your computer.
Restart your router.
Check your firewall/anti-virus software.
Repair overwatch installation.
Re-install overwatch.

So happy times to see what actually fix it…
ps. I have just repaired the game and it still hasnt fixed the issue…

Never the less. I wish you all the luck you may find my friend.
Live long and prosper.

4 Likes

Still a thing, month later.

2 Likes

I experienced the same issue. I took a photo as evidence. How is this still an issue?

1 Like

This got me suspended from playing comp, because I had no choice but to Alt-F4 the game. Might affect the rank too, because your SR was punished for leaving a comp game early in OW1 as well.

2 Likes

Just occurred today as well. Still an issue…

1 Like

This happened to me too, tried my first ever comp game and got kicked and banned for 15 minutes.

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. A link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Ban. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.