Stubborn Mercy players

Why do people insist on trying to make this character work in competitive? Go play quick play if you want to waste everybody’s time and throw

6 Likes

I mean, some value could potentially be gained, nay?

If you don’t want these kind of random variables, shouldn’t you go in a 5-stack so you can avoid anything like that?

7 Likes

In quickplay, it is harder to find a DPS worth pocketing.

10 Likes

Are you saying she should be buffed?

18 Likes

It’s a video game, people are going to play what they want because the only consequence is losing meaningless rank.

2 Likes

I should watch some more of the Mercy streamers to see how they handle comps where she isn’t working. A Sombra on either team can make Mercy not a good pick. Do they pocket the tank when one DPS is dead and the other is a stealth hero they shouldn’t blue beam?

Picking a hero that isn’t meta or is suboptimal isn’t throwing.

If this was throwing, every dps main who doesn’t lock Sojourn or Tracer every game would be throwing.

This redefining of throwing from “intentionally losing the game” to “doing LITERALLY anything I don’t like” is really annoying.

25 Likes

Also, if she’s on your team in comp, she’s no less successful than you are.

3 Likes

Blizzard should repeat themselves that not swapping isn’t considered throwing. Maybe with giant sized text in the menu for those who require more time. Counter play exists and always has but until Blizzard stops defending stubborn players there isn’t much you can do about it.

2 Likes

It does, or at least it did, but I wouldn’t put it past people to get enough reports for it to happen anyway.

Most people don’t realize that mercy’s healing isn’t her main usage. Her damage boost is. People fail to forget that it is a TEAM GAME, not a 1v1.

2 Likes

It really depends on the team comp, people sleep on a pocket Sombra, if the Sombra is not too busy turning the fight into a 4v5.

In this case, when I play Mercy and we have a spectator type of Sombra, I would only beam when I see her about to engage, but my default would be the second DPS, or if/when that DPS is dead, then blue beam a tank as such, Hog, Zarya, Mauga could all be good choices, but normally I just swap off Mercy and play something more beneficial to the team comp.

Mercy is fine in the metal leagues, where 70% of the population lies.

Nah, I’m going to continue to make it work. Sorry you don’t hit your shots.

1 Like

Nah. If my dps don’t hit their shot, I switch. If you feel your Mercy is “throwing “, maybe work on your aim.

You made this thread last week. If it’s that frustrating to you about what random players will do outside of your control, you should try to group up with friends / meet people who have similar views to play with.

1 Like

Report for gameplay sabotage and move on. Always improve your own gameplay instead of blaming others.

Truly spoken by someone who doesn’t/hasn’t ever played Mercy properly.

Because they did make it work. That’s why they’re in your rank. They managed to win ~50% of games playing this character, so why should they change because you don’t like it?

They could play some meta stuff but then they’d be a rank above yours and not in your games anymore, so who cares?

2 Likes

I’d gladly have a Mercy on the team! Damage boost makes me so happy. <3 go go go Mercy mains!