Stop with limited skins

I don’t know their thinking behind the mini-events. It obviously costs the player nothing and there is no possible way to spend towards it. Those non-monetary skins I can’t see why they made them exclusive.

They are obviously of a certain mind in regards to these, maybe a reward to loyal players who are always around. If they’re always around there’s more possibility to get a micro-transaction from them. Instead of players who leave for 2, 3, 6+ months at at time.

Skins where you can spend money to work towards it or needed to make sense that they keep them exclusive.

2 Likes

It works for Blizzard, but it hurts both the players who buy the game later in its life cycle along with the dedicated players who may opt to take a break or, due to life circumstances, are forced to take time away from the game for a while before returning (work, school, lifestyle, disaster, etc). It’s not fair to expect a long time fan to always have have the means to see and acquire such limited time content during the brief one-time window when it is made available. Not everyone can realistically stay glued to playing OW 365 days a year.

1 Like

They don’t care if it’s fair…That’s not how a company stays in business. As you mentioned “buy now or it’s gone forever” works as a sales tactic…But that tactic would lose it’s “teeth” if they made the precedent setting move of rotating these skins back in.

Going forward the people who normally spend would be more hesitant as maybe they could wait until they rotate in again, as “they’ve rotated them back before”. And other players who missed it would continually call for skins to be rotated back as “they’ve rotated them back before”.

Setting this precedent would simply hurt their current profit model.

1 Like

The way people act about skins sometimes is like they add damage stats or something lol.

It’s not even that important.

“OH I CANT PLAY BECAUSE I DONT HAVE SKINS TO BRAG ABOUT OMG”

It’s hella fair actually. And not unfair at all.

Limited skins are staying limited. Period.

1 Like

Haha wow I see this going nowhere but one final note.

Its not fair I feel like your one of those I want to feel special people by reading your comments new players deserve just as much right to get them as we did.

Limited skins were a mistake you can disagree all you want but its the truth.

1 Like

Oh wow, you really getting so offensive about this for no reason.

Dude… I dont have skins I want aswell, I feel bad about it either, cause why I should? It’s should be day clear by now.

Even real life, you have things that are limited and are not coming back/what you cant do ever again. Regardless if it was in-game or not.

You can also disagree all you want but this is the truth. What you can clearly realize soon enough.

I’m not getting offensive and blizzard can so easily bring them back just like yearly events but probably won’t but as I said this is going nowhere so I feel like we have nothing further to discuss.

Event skins & limited skins are 2 completely different things. Even you should know that.

Well, this is pretty childish way to stop discussion.

1 Like

Keep throwing insults I really don’t care and yes I know there separate things but you don’t seem to see how I worded it so tough luck.

What insults exactly? Please, do tell.

Oh you know full and well you just don’t want to admit to throwing any I feel like your a troll so really this should end in a stalemate.

What no its a sign you where there . like i dont have nano cola but i wasnt there . its a badge of your time

But its not fair to you or the people who weren’t there I may be in the minority but I value fairness.

But it is fair . youll get the next ones, its a time stamp and one of the exclusive skin models i agree with unlike(unlock behind paywall !)

Oh don’t even get me started on paywalls now that’s a scummy business tactic.

But I do see what your saying I just wish it wasn’t like that.

1 Like

So this isn’t even about the skins being limited, it’s just cause you can’t transfer them?

No its because of the limitation you have to read the post to understand completely.

I did (waste of time honesty) most of the skins like the OWL exclusive all-star skins are there because those events are happening within that time period, like the JJonak skin he was all-star of THAT season therefore there was a skin for THAT season, that time has passed and he is still a good player but not the all-star of THIS season, hence people don’t get the skin anymore and it was a spur of the moment type skin, same can be said for everything else except owl skins for teams and lego bastion skin. plus if you’re on console and know someone who got the Noire skin for widow you can just game share and get the skin, that’s what I did lol.

This person has a good point you just refuse to see it.