Stop the LGBT threads, please! (from a bi player)

“Do i want pharah and mercy to be lesbian? Yes.
Do i need Blizzard to acknoweldge this and make it canon? No.”

Lmao, most of those people don’t “Need” them to acknwoledge it, they just want them to be lesbian, too. Being a bit more vocal about what they want just means they are more vocal about what they want, who cares.

Btw. I completely DISAGREE with making any charachters into LGBT.

1 Like

If it bothers people this much, there’s extensions for chrome that block words iirc. If it bothers you that much though… idk.

that… would be moira.

Try self discipline

(Also you know it’s not half a page. Don’t lie)

It’s pretty easy actually. You just have to not go out of your way to point it out and make it everyone’s business.

I, for example, couldn’t care less about anyone’s sexual preferences. LBGTQ+ it doesn’t matter. What you do or believe is not of concern to me, and I openly embrace everyone being who they are.

But when its constantly shoved in my face and you demand representation of something in a video game that has literally no consequence to the game itself, it gets really annoying. And it has nothing to do with being LBGT. It is true for any characteristic. If I saw 3 threads a day about the representation of anything it would get old really fast.

The reality of the situation is that this is a video game, and the characters and setting of the game don’t actually exist. You do not need official confirmation from Blizzard to simply pretend whatever you want is true. That way everyone can have what they want without potentially upsetting people.

One thing I think that is also commonly glossed over is that people request ths representation so they can relate to a character - but if Blizzard officially defines those characteristics, aren’t you also taking away that representation from people who may have assumed otherwise? For example some people may play soldier because they like his representation of a sort of classic military soldier and maybe they were in the army. But if Blizzard announces he is gay, that may be very off putting to those people who previously identified with him since they are not gay. So why not just pretend these characters are who you want them to be and role play, instead of insisting the devs make details like this official?

3 Likes

Not exactly helping the lgbt side when your driving force is spite

4 Likes

I got something for you!

ht tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjCV_PYhV30

1 Like

This is just straight up projection lmao

Okay…one that has to deal with his kit and playstyle. More so focused on the fun.

The second paints a really explicit picture of what the hero likes. Therefore leading to hero shaming that particular character and player who might play him or her. Which can greatly affect experiences playing said hero.

We are labelling ourselves with what we play? I understand customizing ourselves in out games but it is a fantasy game. If I wanna be a girl for a week killing and slaying big monsters I can do it without confessing my sexual nature by just playing the game. Then I won’t get shamed for it even though I’m a guy.

1 Like

you asked how you can be less hated by the community and I responded accordingly, that was my first comment on here, it’s not about you asking for stuff in a video game it’s more of spamming and it’s turning into demanding, if anyone is “oppressing” now, it’s you… I don’t mind someone asking for what they want to be added but when it’s spammed even if it gets added people will feel as if the devs were forced to add a feature against their own will just to please a certain community and not lose players.

Same thing happened in league of legends, they kept spamming the devs until one day they took one old character that everyone enjoyed his lore and personality and completely changed his lore to what suits LGBT, and a lot of people weren’t happy about that.

Dude, you’re on a soapbox arguing against LGBT things, going on about that “Shoving it in your face” nonsense

You care

2 Likes

I think I just played a game with you. But word, as a bisexual lady, I think it’s cool that Blizzard chooses to disclose information like that about their characters but demanding representation is kind of pointless.

4 Likes

I’m not arguing against LBGT things at all, how did you get that interpretation from my reply?

1 Like

People would probably stop if they added a gay male character most of the complaints about are they took the easy route by saying look gay female.

This 100%. Wish I could like more than once.

1 Like

I’ve always been of the type that before people can learn to accept you, you must first learn to accept yourself…and from what I’ve seen a lot of people from the LGBT community still don’t actually accept or feel comfortable with their own sexuality.

As a result, they rely and depend on the acceptance of their peers to feel comfortable with themselves, and while I understand why they may feel this way, relying on the acceptance of other material and other people is a dangerous and harmful thing.

Sure it isn’t a bad thing to desire a beacon or icon that has something in common with you, but I do feel like some people put too much weight in that sort of thing.

Then again, I might not know what I’m talking about. XD

5 Likes

I could not have said it better myself. Very well said my dude.

1 Like

It’s an open forum and the posts hurt no one and don’t break any rules. I hate when (supposedly) LGBT people make posts saying “it doesnt matter to me!” bc well… good for you I guess but that’s less ow related than a civil thread abt LGBT heroes.

3 Likes

having to stay in the closet isn’t equality

give me examples of what you think “shoving in your face is” please

annoying enough to make you treat gay people badly?

The reality of the situation is that this is a video game, and the characters and setting of the game don’t actually exist

its fiction, a story, stories often involve romantic relationships as a big part, do you write angry letters to people who write romance novels?

For example some people may play soldier because they like his representation of a sort of classic military soldier and maybe they were in the army. But if Blizzard announces he is gay, that may be very off putting to those people who previously identified with him since they are not gay

gay people cant be military soldiers? If a character being gay puts you off thats on you, i don’t stop playing characters cause they are straight.

So why not just pretend these characters are who you want them to be and role play

because thats silly and clearly not the direction blizzard wants to go in, you can play csgo and have a gam with very little if no story if you want a game like that, not all games have to be or should be without romantic relationships

how is my driving force spite

oh i see, you misunderstood, this is not what i was asking, i was talking about all homophobia.

Anyway no, im not going to be silenced just because a bunch of doofus’s cant deal with gays in thier videogames in any way. If being gay is normal yall shouldn’t get so riled up at the requests to add gay characters just like yall don’t get riled up at other suggestions for things like cosmetics, new heros, etc.

So im going to continue suggesting various things, including gay characters, you can get all pissy or you can treat it normally! Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

2 Likes

but both are ultimately just details. they’re not real, they’re simply caricatures which people pick up and delve into for whatever reason.

I don’t think it’s so much labeling based on what they want to play, but rather having more positive imagery of something in media. The reason why Tracer was so celebrated is that she’s a hero, a spunky can-do type, and is depicted gay.

I definitely think that tidbits like this should be introduced organically (aka how Tracer’s sexuality was) but I don’t think that we should punish or look down people for wanting positive representation.

At least, that’s my two cents. There’s more threads trending complaining about people asking after LGBT heroes than those asking for them. All the same, I came in here to chatter for a bit that I don’t think it’s that big of a deal, but I’ll eventually move on because it’s not something I agree with (on the topic of shutting threads down, that is!)

It’s kind of depressing that people think the mere existence of LGBT heroes is “special treatment.” lol

2 Likes