Stop the LGBT threads, please! (from a bi player)

You guys pushing for this really need to stop trying to use Overwatch to fix societies problems and get more acceptance.

Im bisexual and i DO NOT need this in my games for more people not accepting to poke fun at. This recent idea that Moira is trans is profiling a hurtful stereotype to small chested short hair women.

There is ABSOLUTELY no need for this and claims that “I’m bisexual so i need a bisexual hero to play” just shows how much self confidence you have in yourself and it’s a selfish cause you should get no support for.

You all keep pushing for “we need more lore that shows character’s sexuality” why!? We dont even have alot of lore to begin with and your focus is on who they are sleeping with?

Do i want pharah and mercy to be lesbian? yes.
Do i need Blizzard to acknowledge this and make it canon? no.

What goes on in my head for a “fantasy” do not need to be the accepted realityin a video game. It’s not like making heroes gay or not affects how you play them in game and you shouldn’t be picking heroes based on if they a trans or not.

Please knock it off [EDITED].

2 Likes

I dont understand why people keep putting political agendas anywhere near this game just to pander to their minority for self gratification. there is no need for it.

24 Likes

Its just that the LGBT community wants special treatment… it just boils down to that… they will cover it on a “good cause and representation” but it really isn’t. Its just such a first world problem.
I’m gay, and I agree, its ridiculous, and overall, it causes more hurt than good in the long run…
And whats the best part is… that they want their specific type of representation, like rainbows and things… like excuse you, but rainbows and pride parades doesn’t represent all of the LGBT community… or are we the exception?

Surprisingly, there is a lot of people who play Tracer just because she is gay, or one of the main reasons why. Like how shallow can someone get? lol.

34 Likes

Yeah I feel the same way. I’m gay and I’ve just lost all hope in the LGBT community.

8 Likes

Overwatch claimed to be about representation, so now everyone wants to be represented in every single fiber of the game. One LGBT hero apparently isn’t enough, we need half the roster to be special in some way.

The problem with being about representation is that we need every possible combination of representation.

“Where’s the male LGBT member?”
“Where’s the homeless African?”
“Where’s the depressed Caucasian?”
“Where’s the left handed hero?”
“Where’s the Canadian hero?”
“Where’s the blind hero?”

“Where’s the handicapped male?”
“Where’s the handicapped female?”
“Where’s the handicapped LGBT female?”
“Where’s the handicapped LGBT male immigrant?”

I’m not against representation, but we need to seriously chillax on what we ask for. This is getting out of hand.

25 Likes

people are going to make suggestions for what they would like to see in games, this is normal, if you don’t like the suggestions don’t read them?

You are actually helping us by bringing attention to it with your post complaining about the suggestions…

3 Likes

i saw some thread earlier about someone wanting a left handed hero lmao

4 Likes

It’s ironic because the main reason people don’t accept them is because they like to push stuff like this all of the time.

7 Likes

This is wise in more than one way. It not only prevents controversy when none needs to happen. But it also gives the players freedom to imagine the characters how they wish to see them. The more choices that Blizzard makes for us, the fewer options we have to make our own ships.

I want more lore, but I don’t really care about the heroes romantic interludes. I just want to know more about the omnic crisis, how Reaper became Reaper, what Talon is up to, is Overwatch actually going to reform, etc, etc, etc…

7 Likes

This. lol. Exactly this.

7 Likes

I definitely need a balding, chubby hero in their forties… :thinking:

3 Likes

looks at all the people replying
Aww here we go ☆☆☆

1 Like

ahh the old “its your fault you are being oppressed” tell me good person, what is your magical solution to make it so gay and trans people are no longer being marginalized and hated

oh let me guess you don’t think we are?

1 Like

I’m left handed and I feel attacked, how dare you?

1 Like

Blizzard has already announced there are multiple heroes who are LGBT we only have one confirmed but half the fun is guessing who the other are. (not to mention makes for alot of juicy rule 34 stuff)

Blizzard will announce it at their own pace like they do everything else. I myself just want more actual story lore and could care less about if lucio is a gay dj or mccree is a brokeback cowboy. If moira is trans great, but i rather know about why she and reaper are still buds but mccree wants to shoot reaper and we have no real idea how he looks at moira anymore.

2 Likes

Many of the threads are like “Where’s our next LGBT member” and I’m wondering “What happened to Lynx Seventeen?” Honestly. They have Tracer and Lynx, who is considered “gender neutral”. While Lynx might not be a playable hero (yet or ever) canonically, he’s still there.

1 Like

Don’t go around shouting “hey i’m gay”? Yes, it is mainly your fault. Just like vegans. No one cares what they eat, but they go around letting people know that and try to push their diets on to other and that’s why they’re hated.

7 Likes

I’d love to play as Lynx, give me the bunny-eared bot blizz!

Your identity doesent really mean much. I am pansexual and think these topics should be discussed openly without people telling them to take it down or trying to start flame wars. No ones demanding anything, theyre suggesting the idea and telling the team that this is something a part of the community would like. Its time for people to grow up and just talk about these subjects without throwing their political views in there or telling people they cant discuss these topics. This post is an embarrassment to the lgbtq+ community.

6 Likes

Dude. Yes. Yes to the Yes. I mean, I hella fancy Reinhardt, and I also like McCree, and I kind of lowkey ship them for the dumbest of reasons… but thats my thing… and I get the freedom to do so… and when they start pushing for things like saying who is and isn’t gay and so on… it just ruins it. I mean, it won’t stop people from shipping them… but it will certainly make people go like, “but this character is dating this other character, or this character gay/straight, and you can’t do that.”

2 Likes