Bastion is being forgotten

The problem with the rework was that they wanted to make his sentry viable but with a little less damage, which is perfectly fine. But there were 2 problems, Everyone said the ironclad 35% was too much and they still made it live. The second problem is when they did nerf iron clad, it was by 15%. 15% . And guess what, they didn’t give some damage back to sentry. The rework made a trade off with survivability and damage, makes sense, but with the 15% damage reduction nerf, they needed to up his damage some to account for that. So now he can live a liiitle bit easier, but does no where near the same damage as before. When they were deciding the rework, their balance made sense. Imagine 2 cups with water. One says sentry damage and one says survivability, they poured half of the sentry cup into the almost empty cup of survivability, but the survivability was too much so they poured 40% of it out into nothing. Leaving the sentry cup. the. same.

4 Likes

Bumping :wink:

(20LUL)

1 Like

Wasn’t it suggested that he was being looked at for a rework?

Not as far as I’m aware. If I’m right only Torb, Sym, Hanzo, Mei, and Sombra (lul) were mentioned. Then they buffed Reaper When I don’t think that they mentioned him at all.

But correct me if I am wrong.

1 Like

Okay, what about a powershot ability, like how Legion has in Titanfall 2? Sentry gives you a projectile mass of bullets that deals high damage and can crit, default bound to E/L2/LB

kinda sorta.

This is what goodfeel was talking about:

3 Likes

Well I guess. I don’t want to get my hopes up only to find out that it’s something else. :stuck_out_tongue:.

Idk if any one has played Mass Effect, but you can change your ammunition to be more effective against shields/armour or other things that I can’t think of off the top of my head.

I think that would be a cool idea.

Bastion is one of my strongest solo queue pocket picks. Right along side my Reaper and Torbjorn. If you play any one of these heroes exclusively, you are definitely screwed. If you know the right place and the right time, you can easily get high win rates. :slight_smile:

I also love them to… I think my favorite heroes are always the screwed ones… any news about our robot friend?

Like all defense heroes they are hard to balance without making them OP.
They only exist strictly to wipe the enemy as quick as possible.

1 Like

except they took more than 2x his damage from sentry so they destroyed any possibility he had of doing that.

4 Likes

He can still wipe just as easy, we both know sitting that gun on a person at a fair range kills them in 1 second. Burns through shields etc.

Not nearly fast enough compared to other heroes WITH mobility. His drawbacks currently in Sentry far outweigh his power.

5 Likes

Who at the same range with body shots kills faster than a bastion? Let’s not forget the basic strat of putting a Shield in front of him, making him a worse threat.
His potential really is why blizzard hesitates with defense heroes. That’s the truth.

1 Like

I think were forgetting the other balance reasoning they used for his damage reduction. His transition time to and from Sentry was shortened by quite a bit in the trashening… I would gladly trade some transition time for more damage.

4 Likes

If you are, Lets say a Winston for Instance… Who is the only Character that bastion can reliably counter at the moment, then yes. If you stand in front of him long enough to be killed (About five seconds at least), Then i can see how you might think its a Lot of damage.

But lets remember, Not every character is as Big as winston. :neutral_face:

5 Likes

Not AS fast, but with Mobility these are comparable: Reaper, ROADHOG, Tracer, Doomfist*, Junkrat, Soldier, Phara. They all have a similar time to kill with body shots, and in some cases, lower, but they all have vastly more mobility.
(edited to add Roadhog)

It takes bastion about 2 seconds if not less to rip a Winston, not 5. Bastion doesn’t need to be on anybody long to kill or reduce their health drastically.

1 Like

a fair range meaning about 10 meters which is pretty close to Bastion. He can’t wipe them if he’s dead way faster than they are because of how short his range is.

5 Likes

I will admit, i don’t remember the exact number.

But it’s definitely not 2

That, And do you even play bastion?
Have you personally experienced just how badly he is countered?

6 Likes