Bastion is being forgotten

I think were forgetting the other balance reasoning they used for his damage reduction. His transition time to and from Sentry was shortened by quite a bit in the trashening… I would gladly trade some transition time for more damage.

4 Likes

If you are, Lets say a Winston for Instance… Who is the only Character that bastion can reliably counter at the moment, then yes. If you stand in front of him long enough to be killed (About five seconds at least), Then i can see how you might think its a Lot of damage.

But lets remember, Not every character is as Big as winston. :neutral_face:

5 Likes

Not AS fast, but with Mobility these are comparable: Reaper, ROADHOG, Tracer, Doomfist*, Junkrat, Soldier, Phara. They all have a similar time to kill with body shots, and in some cases, lower, but they all have vastly more mobility.
(edited to add Roadhog)

It takes bastion about 2 seconds if not less to rip a Winston, not 5. Bastion doesn’t need to be on anybody long to kill or reduce their health drastically.

1 Like

a fair range meaning about 10 meters which is pretty close to Bastion. He can’t wipe them if he’s dead way faster than they are because of how short his range is.

5 Likes

I will admit, i don’t remember the exact number.

But it’s definitely not 2

That, And do you even play bastion?
Have you personally experienced just how badly he is countered?

6 Likes

What you just said is applicable to any character save a few hyper low DPS heroes. Bastion should vastly perform every other character in damage output, in order to trade the ability to move at all.

3 Likes

You are assuming the hero he’s shooting at is super close and not moving. This is not a fight about numbers. sure, nobody can kill faster than he can but their spread also doesn’t suck super bad and they can move.

5 Likes

Yeah, I would gladly return it to 1.5 seconds. This means it’s harder to set up but once you have you’re harder to deal with.

2 Likes

Yeah, but he doesn’t out preform them. Spread is a huge factor in damage. The fact that the hero that can’t move has to be so close to get anything done is horrible. He can’t move and is close opening him to up basically everything in the game (namely hook). He can’t shoot if he’s stunned or dead which is basically the story of Bastion.

4 Likes

Most bastions are protected by a shield and not sitting out in the open though. Remember the pirate ship? If you sitting in the open yeah it makes sense that he would get ripped apart but most don’t do this. Even the pros have occasional issue with the bastion strat.

You’re changing the argument now. This is about him vs the enemy, if he’s covered in barriers, so can the enemy team.

3 Likes

And the simple fact that said character needs another player playing a certain other character only to be seen as viable, is already a problem.

4 Likes

Have you fought a bastion being protected?
Sometimes an emp is the only thing stopping it. It sounds Like you’re talking about a bastion that sitting out on the open getting shot then he has to run away but most bastion get protected by shield since they have teammates

If you want to use the vacuum argument, then bastion is perfect. But the reality is that all factors taken into account, no other hero in the game requires 4 other players to cater 100% to a specific hero in order to make it barely more viable than running Genji/Tracer. Pirate Ship is not the entire game, making Bastion WITH a team working perfectly with him seemingly OP on 2 maps, MAYBE a 3rd, but not all Payload maps allow this to work due to the landscape. That doesn’t mean he is balanced properly.

4 Likes

But he can tear through barriers easy. Bastion is often used in this context of protect the president so it’s not going off topic to use a real world example.

Yes, I picked up both Sombra and Junkrat, we then got a nearly instant team kill with no effort. Pirate ship in not unbeatable, people need to be ready to counter cheese strats that are map dependent. Pros are still people…

4 Likes

He’s just more situational like other heroes in the game. His high DPS is offput by his low mobility. How would we buff the glass cannon without making him too strong?
He is designed more situational that’s a fact. And Jeff has said that not all heroes will be the best choice in every situation.

Then please explain Tracer…

3 Likes

What’s she got to do with anything?