Stop making mei skins!

Why does she have so many and so many more coming out, she has the highest amount of skins in the game, and they keep giving her more, not to mention the new one is just horrible and just like the honeydew one, make skins for people who need them!!

8 Likes

mercy has the same amount

for mei, imo luna and chang’e count as 1. they’re just recolors, not two different skins.

2 Likes

compared to archives 2021 (which all the heroes had already had a legendary skin), at least there are considerations to give legendary skins to those who did not have them in that specific event.

if they are beautiful or not … they are personal tastes, unless there is some unusual (very rare) rage wave and … I do not think this is the case, for what little they see for now of this skin.

who would really need skins? well … we assume that we would like to see skins for everyone and for all events, so giving mei, sym and ashe a summer one already makes more sense. certainly much more than giving widowmaker 2 event skins (lunar year and archives, the second skins) in two consecutive events along with a third special skin (ange de la mort per june joust).

no?

4 Likes

Yea, but would be nice if they would add like on top of skins they add each event one recolor from last year also for example to expand recolor skins options.

3 Likes

ow was born with this idea of dual-color skins, in fact you can see the legendary summers of lucio zarya and tracer duplicates, but this choice has been strongly criticized. because those who started collecting skins, in a limited time felt they had a duplicate in their recolor that is worth as much as a unique legendary skin.

frankly OW could eliminate the useless “weapons” section of the gallery (which is only a choice if golden) and make a subsection where you can access different colors of the skins. perhaps with a rare-epic value in the hue rather than legendary.

but in 5 years there has not been this provision, so … rather we prefer to have unique skins in their legendary value.

2 Likes

Yeah and does Mei-rry really count? that’s the only skin in the game I think is a false legendary. It’s legit Mei recoloured with a santa hat

2 Likes

And a change to her ice block amination!

3 Likes

I suppose that gives it something, but when compared to Comic Book tracer, which has unique goggles, a recolour and unique voicelines AND unique melee sound effect.
I don’t see how Mei-rry is really a legendary.

I mean even Nano cola D.Va, Mardi Gras Ashe, OR-15, Ice cream Orisa, and more have plenty of base model changes alongside their recolour.

I still don’t think it’s a legendary.

(Also I didn’t know that and that’s cool and also also I’m sorry if you weren’t trying to say it should be a legendary)

Nah I wouldn’t have tagged that skin as a legendary. Her ice block got more attention than thatvskin sadly :rofl:

1 Like

all the skins for Mei.

ALL.

3 Likes

It’s because she’s the cutest and best character in the game. One day they’ll hit the swimsuit Mei threshold.

4 Likes

No one needs skins.
By your logic, no one should get skins.

How is that skin horrible?!
Easily her best

Until Mei receives a devil skin or something that actually makes her fearsome, she must receive skins.
So the process shall continue :>

1 Like

Yet she still doesn’t have enough :slightly_smiling_face:
She’s far from having “the highest amount of skins” when other characters take over her with their numerous OWL + 2nd legendary events skins which are not color reskins (because Mei appears to have 2 legendary skins in LNY event but they are just recolors so it’s actually 1, her winter skin was an epic marked as a legendary etc.)
Her character design allows for more creative ideas from the design team so there’s that :slightly_smiling_face:

Honeydew is the best wdym.

I’m already having a hard time choosing between Honey Dew and the OWL skin, please stop printing more :face_with_head_bandage:

Also what’s with the team doing this thing with all the heroes getting OWL skins? Do they not plan these skin releases at all? Because giving a certain hero multiple skins in event back to back, not to mention right after an all-star skin, considerably diminishes their value and the “wow” effect that they have, rendering the lesser legendary event skins just as plain as the normal one’s that everyone has

You’d think that a dev team that has such a passion for polished character design that is fully aware of appropriate release scheduling would crisscross different cosmetic releases for heroes so that no hero would get a legendary back to back and there could even be more than a single event in between them. Them not doing this just seems extremely silly

Mei has only 1 skin, pajamei.

Mei: gets two skin in the span of a few months
People: REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

She’s the opposite of cute: she’s a demon hidden under an innocent mask of innocence, pure evil.

Also it would be really cool if they updated skins with more effects / custom ult voice lines or whatever, like Beekeeper Mei saying something like “Bees, don’t move!” or her Penguin skin Ice block being Penguin-shaped.

I mentioned skin updates on my Quality of Life updates Megathread along with other cool ideas, feel free of checking it out: