Stop complainging about brigitte

She has already received a (minor) nerf and more nerfs are on the way. Further complaints are now just complaining to complain. Wait and see how the upcoming nerfs work out.

The volume is drowning out actual issues.

7 Likes

Adding new heroes that are 1. Bug riddled, 2. horribly designed from the ground up, or 3. both (lookin’ at you, Dumbfist) is what’s drowning out actual issues.

3 Likes

But they literally just announced that they are going to nerf Brigitte’s armor bonus from 150 to 100 and increase her shield bash cd to 6 sec. So how about we stop complaining about her and push for other character fixes. Seeing nothing but brigitte in the forums is so annoying.

3 Likes

Everybody with a head on their shoulders is assuming it’s gonna take multiple rounds of nerfs - with a 1-2 week PTR cycle for each round - just like with the Mercy thing. It’s more than a little bogus. PTR testing is meaningless that’s been shown over and over and over again so they oughta just push it live immediately like they did with Sombra. Maybe we can get this crap over with in a timely manner.

Ha! I can’t even type that without laughing. We’ll be lucky if the game is functional again by 2019.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree with you, but what does that have to do with my argument?

The game functions great right now, my friend. As for timely changes, you can rest assured knowing she will receive those nerfs and possibly more before stage 4 starts in OWL. Blizzard won’t want a character that is a 100% pickrate locked in for a month and a half for the world to see. (If she even is a 100% required pick)

Well a nice persistent loud backlash got them to think twice about leaving the scatter arrow cooldown buff in the game for a month like they were gonna do. Kicking the walls and screaming is the minimum effort to get Blizz to do the right thing.

This right here is enough proof that you have no idea what you’re talking about. The Sombra nerfs were rushed in as a kneejerk reaction to a few games of OWL where Sombra dominated. The nerf was filled with bugs and completely mitigated the whole purpose of her initial buff.

1 Like

Yes, but they already announced Brigitte nerfs, so why are people still complaining? that is my point

I didn’t say the Sombra nerf was good I just said it was timely.

Exactly this. Sombra is an on going problem that they said they want to address but gave no indication of what they are going to do, or when. Yet, we still have to deal with her bugs in the mean time

Timely? It was rushed out with next to no bug testing and completely gutted the previous buff.
The buff allowed her to commit into team fights more easily, without having to sit away from them. The cd + LoS mechanics forces her to sit away again as any stray damage or opposing player moving in the way of your hack target can break hack.

Edit: I’m all for faster updating and more consistent patching, but if they all end up like the Sombra one I won’t support it.

Yeah it’s a terrible change! I’m basically saying hey, if they can ruin Sombra in such a hurry why does it take so long to adjust supports when they’re completely out of hand?

Why does Blizzard make terrible changes quickly and good changes so painfully slowly?

Ah, okay. My bad, I misinterpreted what you were saying.

1 Like

Well… if you say we have to stop “complainging” about baguette I guess we will have to… If you say so It is mandatory…
Jeff Kaplan blesses you

I’d imagine that it’s easier to tweak DPS than Support because there are 13 (soon to be 14.) others to choose from. Vs the 7 Supports we have (of those 7 only 6 can heal. And we’re well on our way to 6 Healers.)

WIth that said, if any of the supports were sledgehammered like Doomfist, there’d be 5 healers to choose from. 1 of which is just now getting slight buffs. And I honestly don’t believe these will put Ana in line with the other supports unfortunately.

The problem is that by the time Blizz gets nerfs ready for Brigitte her pick rate and win rate will have averaged out. She’s fine right now. all this ranting by the forums will amount to a witch hunt to dumpster a hero…

It’s a decent point.

Although this is counter-intuitive, I’d argue that an OP DPS is usually easier to deal with than an OP healer. There’s tons of great youtube out there of high-end players wrecking aimbotters on s76 or cree - because at least those heroes don’t have massive sustain. You can shut them down with DVa and otherwise focus them into the dirt.

These same high-end players who laugh at the thought of aimbotters despised the Age of Mercy and hate this Brig nonsense even worse. OP killing power is nothing compared to OP mitigation and healing.

Honestly, I was originally in support of Baguette the way she is now. But after finishing placements, this is what I have to show for it.

I feel the nerfs on the PTR and the ones on the way are actually justified. Not to mention that the highest winning streak I’d ever had playing comp was 2 matches in a row with Winston back in S7 or S8 (don’t remember which). I went 7-0 (there was a HLC Game, I played Rein) until I lost my first match at my 8th game then proceeded to lose another after that and won my final game.

I’d never gone 7-0 let alone 3-0 in any of the seasons prior to S10.

Her Mitigation is actually really good, I’ll admit SB was too good. I was a little hesitant about a SB CD nerf. 6 Seconds, might very well be what we need, but it may even make sense to tone it down a little more by going to 7 or 8.

Everything else outside of the nerfs we know of today, is really fine. When I can do 10k healing in a comp match, it actually makes me feel a lot better about 16 HPS.

2 Likes

^ source from where?