Stop complainging about brigitte

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-ptr-patch-notes-may-3-2018/88782/3

I thought ppl are asking more nerf than those in PTRā€¦thatā€™s why they are still complaining.

Iā€™ll admit, Iā€™m not sure where I stand right now. I still have yet to try out PTR. Increasing SB 1 Second may or may not feel different at all.

It would be barely noticeable. I barely notice the 2 cd on hack

Tbf, most hit and run forum posters who are likely contributing to the Brig complaining donā€™t play the PTR and arenā€™t on long enough to see the blue posts about Brig.

Donā€™t you think they should do those things before going to the forums and complaining endlessly? Especially when the new set of nerfs were already announced?

Yes. Therein lies the problem and why there are still complaints. These are minor ā€œnerfsā€ - itā€™s like pouring a drop of water on a wildfire.

If Blizzard is going to nerf her this minutely then the complaints will be around for quite some time.

the armor nerf is huge, I am not sure how you think that is minor

Iā€™m not excusing it Iā€™m just supplying an answer as to why it is likely occurring. I donā€™t really have an opinion on it either way as itā€™s always like this. Different character, same toon. Used to it by now.

Strawman. Thatā€™s not the only complaints that people have, and the other complaints arenā€™t being answered or barely being answered (ex. 5sec to 6sec)

That is not a strawman. That is part of the nerf that they announced. Many complaints revolve around both shield bash and her insane sustain. The armor reduction by 1/3 is huge and will help to balance the survivability factor. The shield bash cd increase by 1 sec is fine, they want to make sure that it isnt over nerfed like they did to sombra and ana

But still they are not in the game yet (cone didnā€™t change anything). So yeah, they are complaining.

If we stop complaining, blizzard will think we are fine with brigitte when we actually arent. She is so annoying and am just voicing my opinion that she makes the game unfun.

actual issues are subjective to people. to me the actual issue is brigittes game balance. to another person, it could be hanzos changes. everyone has a different definition of what an actual issue is.

We did that with mercy. Guess what? She ended up being a must pick for 6 months and everytime we were told to wait. changes on PTR are going to be released to live 1 month later, just waitā€¦ in the end, it took 6 months to balance mercy

1 Like

It is a strawman because you intentionally chose the one, single part of the nerf that has the hugest impact, and then emphasized that and only that thus making it seem like the entire nerf was as substantial. It is not. Ergo misrepresentation, ergo strawman. The nerf addresses other issues too but not nearly as significantly. (Which is also why the complaints continue, to go back to your original inquiry, and will continue to do so)

Iā€™m aware of their reasoning, but itā€™s still a slow approach, and itā€™s, as I said just above, why the complaints continue. If the problem that people had was enough to be fixed by adding 1 extra second to cd, then it wouldā€™ve barely been considered a problem at all.

Yeah, but with mercy, they didnā€™t communicate anything. Here, they announced that they are already gonna make some changes. Until we see how those changes will affect her strength, we should wait and see. Atleast they said something. When Sombra was nerfed, the only way we found out was by a leak from the pro forums.

I can guarantee you it wonā€™t be much.

At the very least it wonā€™t be enough to stop the complaints. Even if they made the CD 16 seconds, people would still complain that she can just walk up with her shield, bash someone through their shield, pop a combo, then walk away behind her own shield.

Blizzard is really going to need to actually address the problem here, and Iā€™m worried that either
A) Theyā€™ll over do it and make her useless, which they could easily do, or
B) they wonā€™t actually address it, and instead just try to hide her away by nerfing her other aspects into oblivion until sheā€™s like Doomfist, who is still annoying when playing against a good one, but is a pathetically unreliable pick.

These nerf still donā€™t address the issue of her interaction with Reinhardt.

Getting bashed through shields is an instant-death to a Reinhardt.

She needs to not bash through shields, thatā€™s it. I donā€™t care about anything else, just make it so main tanking is a little less painful

This exactly. Every person still complaining about her at this point before the effects of the upcoming nerfs are felt(as well as the meta adapting to the hero being in the pool itself) is someone who doesnā€™t want the character balanced, they want it nerfed till itā€™s no longer viable.

Well, some people (myself included) think sheā€™s just a badly designed hero who will never be an asset to the game, barring a complete redesign. So little nerfs donā€™t matter - she needs to be pulled out of live, completely redone, and sent back.

2 Likes