Stop comparing heroes to sym

sym should not be meta, because she only appeals to a niche playerbase.

When people say “hey this character needs a buff” or “this nerf made this character too weak” is immediatly responded with the absurd amount of sym players on stalking the forums to victimize themselves saying “uhh, deal with it, sym has gotten nerfed 4 times so your character means nothing.”

NOT EVERY CHARACTER SHOULD BE BALANCED LIKE SYMMETRA

She appeals to a niche group of people, not everyone should be forced into playing that character to be the most effective. People can have complaints about their main without it being compared to a weaker hero.

5 Likes

I figure any hero with a frequent CC that’s annoying shouldn’t be top tier. High tier is fine. But not top tier.

1 Like

Fixed that for you.

13 Likes

OP, the heck are you talking about.

Besides no Sym main wants her meta, I can assure you that much.

21 Likes

characters like mei sym reaper moira bastion and orisa shouldn’t reach past B tier

they complained SO MUCH when she was meta and got nerfed, and no the nerf didnt go too far because sym isnt useless at all

It’s not about being meta, it’s about not utterly sucking.

25 Likes

This is about the most specious reason I think I have ever read… “we donz likez da characterz nichez, don make herz metaz ya I likez da mainstreamz”… :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

more popular heroes in a game being meta means more people actually enjoying the game

Maybe you need to stretch your legs - Sym is actually very popular. We should at every turn be encouraging greater diversity in what’s played, not less…

10 Likes

Wasn’t the whole purpose of the second rework to make her less niche?

We were perfectly fine with niche Sym2, mostly requesting some QoL changes and minor buffs. Deleting her whole kit and remaking it from scratch was their shot on making her more mainstream.

8 Likes

In great part thanks to Anjali Bhimani. She is as amazing as the character she voices.

12 Likes

I still think its hilarious that Henry Cavill is a Sym main!

Because she was barely even meta and the highest she ever got was like 3.5%, her being even relevant was the result of double shield. Anytime before that and she’d still be considered trash, hell people would yell at you to swap off of her during the meta. Meanwhile Doomfist at his peak was 10%.

11 Likes

Who’s forcing you???

6 Likes

And Hanzo/Widow at their peak was around 13%

2 Likes

literally included in your quote “to be the most effective”

because doomfist appeals to more people

shes popular to a niche group of people lol, very much a minority group of the game

because they appeal to more players :slight_smile:

I don’t think they ever explicitly stated its purpose, but it seemed apparent to me that the intent was to enable skill representation in her kit.

While she’s still a “noob stomper” to a limited extent, the older versions of her took that element to such an extreme that she could simultaneously be overpowered at low/mid skill levels and totally nonviable at the top. Trying to balance Symmetra 2.0 in a way that she would ever see play in a place like OWL would likely cause terrible balance problems for the majority of the playerbase.

He appeals so much to people that he’s sitting at a 1.6% pickrate after double shield ended, ain’t that something.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t buff sym make her more popular. Also how are we measuring popularity because merchandise is also form of popularity.

There is never gonna be a point in the game where there isnt a meta.

1 Like