Stop acting like nanoblade has no counters

I said those call into question those stats. Not all stats. You have yet to provide ANY counter evidence to the Genji stats. Do you have another source for overwatch statistics or not?

All overwatch stats come from the same place, opt in open profiles. Im not going to get alternative Genji stats, because there arent reliable sources on overwatch stats because of how winrate in overwatch is calculated. Dont deflect away from the argument that you provided stats that Genji had a high winrate and thus, he is easy. I know he has a high winrate, all I said was that characters like Torb 1.0 and Pharah have incredibly high winrates too, so a metric like that is exetremely unreliable in determining even meta presence, and moreso ease of use, which is what we are debating. I concede that Genji is op af right now, but I do not concede that he is an easy character to play.

So you yourself admit we have no other stat information available.

Very well. It seems we will agree to disagree, but tell you what I will extend the same offer to you. If you want to actually do some Genji testing we can all put this to bed one way or another.

Exactly my point, stats are in no way a reliable metric in overwatch. Especially winrate.

What does that even entail? The argument was about whether Genji is easy or not to play, which cant be directly tested, it requires surveys from actual players and professional opinions. And what those say so far, is that Genji is brokenly op right now, but not just any bozo can take him and climb easily, which is what they would be able to do if Genji was broken AND easy to play. Like how people were taking Brig around release and even after the first few nerfs up multiple ranks because she was op AND easy to play. Hardstuck plays arent exactly taking Genji from to masters+ after the buffs. Even xQc, former OWL pro and world cup MVP and runner up couldnt just pick up Genji and win games, despite already being a masters Tracer player, giving him an edge in that he already plays the closest hero to Genji. He has all the gamesense and knowledge of how to play him and what to do in the world, but it isnt exactly a walk in the park to execute it.

It means we do research within the means available to us.

Exactly my point, I have done that, and the amount of high elo players ive seen trying to pick up Genji and lose because they cant execute the combo or hit shots is insane. It’s gotten to the point where it isnt anecdotal because it is on such a wide scale, and if he was easy, you would see a lot more low elo players being boosted by him, like release Brig, which we arent seeing here, beyond maybe 100-200 sr, which is if he truly is an easy character to play should be much higher considering how broken he is right now.

Titanium post btw

If you don’t wish to participate in researching the subject matter that is fine as well.

I mean I already have been keeping a close eye on it, and I detailed my conclusions in the earlier post.

It has NO COUNTERS, simply because Genji builds ulti 2 times faster than any you can build any counter ulti which results in blade in every teamfight.

Just another happy Genji player trying to save his hero, he will get nerfed soon or later so you better get ready for it. xP

Every sane Overwatch player knows well Genji is overpowered as hell and everyone is tired of Genjis in 9/10 games.

1 Like

Yikes, not very good examples when both grav and dragons got nerfed multiple ways because of the gravdragon meta. Even shatter got nerfed and it wasn’t even op.

1 Like

I have a solution! Make the dmg resistance part of nano is stronger so it would go from 50% dmg reduction to like 33% and make it also cleanse cc initially used on the target much like there is an initial heal on usage but remove the dmg buff it gives. That way it can still be combined with other ults but I won’t make the other ultra themselves stronger, it’ll just make them easier to use, so nanoblade won’t oneshot, but it will allow the genji to survive a bit longer when using it so it opens up more counter play and it’ll feel better for nano target. Just my opinion.

Incorrect

It’s called ult economy, your team should try saving their ultimates for future fights instead of depleting all 6 of them in one.

Ah yes, because arguing common sense means that they must main the character in question. I think nanoblade has a bunch of counters. I’m not a Genji main and my profile is public so you can check.

Guess I’m insane. How about since he’s overpowered, you climb the ranks one-tricking him? Let me know when you reach Masters+

I agree with you that the people saying its uncounterable are wrong, but the issue is mostly that the ult charge rate nerfs (goats era nerfs and like 2-3x before) make it so that the counters to blade are up less reliably than blade itself. Zen is bad rn, and Lucio’s beat doesn’t reliably come up enough to hard counter it. Damage ults in general are going to come up quicker than supportive ults (especially fixed number healing potential supports like zen and lucio) So now the solution (as we’ve seen in owl and on ladder) is to either run Bap Brig and Lamp and CC him or alternatively try to sleep it, which granted good Anas will do. (coming from a top 500 support and tank player so u dont think im talking out my rear)

Of course lets save all our ultimates for one genji and not use them in fight simply because his needs to be countered in every teamfight… Lets pray then that enemy team will waste theirs because now we have nothing… xD lol

No offense but I dont care about your profile… xD

That is not what I mean, not all ultimates should be dedicated to countering a Genji. That should be realized by any competent player.

However, during this “Genji meta”, your team should be smart and save something like one CC ultimate (grav, etc.) and one support defensive ultimate (beat, trans) in order to stop two dryblades/nanoblades.

honestly at this point I’m all for complete nerfs / rebalancing for genji and ana. They are both too oppressive at the moment and define what broken means, going beyond “meta” to now being consistent must picks

2 Likes

Exactly. (no 20 characters needed)

1 Like

Why feel the need to call out only support mains for this. Though I don’t check the profile of everyone who’s complaining , I find it hard to believe it’s just support mains.

Now I’ve long felt Ana needed a nerf, so I’m down for nerfing her, but not because of her synergy to this. Two ults should be powerful, when used together.

Not it didn’t lmao. I agree nanoblade is strong but i don’t even play Hanzo and I can pull off a grav dragon.

Sometimes I drop my exploding mech in the center of my team but it doesn’t always work very well/often the Genji will kill me as i go to remech

Nanoblade’s synergy has to be disrupted though, especially with how fast blade charges.