STILL randomly DC'ing during Junkenstein's Revenge

What it says on the label. Yes, I’ve posted this before, and will continue to do so until I get a response.

Initial DC is right around when Roadhog appears (before or after). Still return to the scenario in about 10 seconds. The second DC is occurring more often than not, right at the end, usually when Roadhog is about halfway down, but other times is it right at the end. Still return to the group, but the end screen is messed up (nothing in the foreground, just the background), no group scene (or if there is, they’re all in scarecrow poses), no POTG, the group summary screen is wrong, since it shows information from a past match (not even the right characters for the group), and the individual summary screen is also wrong, typically labelled as “All Characters” and shows info from that past match, usually for the wrong character.

Have also noticed the 3-card symbol for package loss blinking at the beginning of some of these scenarios. They reappear, along with the Red Box of Doom, before the DC. This doesn’t occur anywhere else - just for Junkenstein’s Revenge (difficulty and challenge modes make no difference).

Hey RChick,

Are you using a Netgear router by chance? We’ve seen disconnections in PVE events like this with Netgear routers in the chance.

If you are using a Netgear, check out this post:

Thanks for the response.

I tried the suggestion of going wireless, and that just made the issue worse. I’m trying to update my firmware (Netgear AC1750 Smart Wifi Router, Model R6350), but it appears that Cox (my ISP) is preventing router firmware updates - I’m working on trying to get THAT issue fixed.

I see. Yeah that is definitely something that most ISPs block a user from doing if it’s an ISP provided device.

If you can log into the router your best bet may be to enable QoS (Quality of Service) which is also detailed in that link. Turning QoS on has been known to help prevent those disconnects.

I honestly don’t know what’s going on w/ my router’s access page, but I have no “Settings” button, so I have no access to updating firmware or enabling QoS. I don’t know if this is an ISP issue or a Netgear issue (and I bought the router for about a year, and the only issue I had were constant DCs in WoW, which I was able to fix with a firmware update…so somewhere along the line, something went wrong…?)

They probably changed the firmware settings that you have access to :frowning:. Charter did this to me recently, removing my ability to change certain settings.

Ugh. The router and modem are mine - I should be able to do what I want with them without having to jump through hoops. :upside_down_face: From what I’ve seen on the Cox forums, this is an issue that’s popped up with other customers and there’s a lotta BS you gotta deal with before they let you change the firmware :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Maybe they sent you a firmware update because it’s connected to their network? I know this isn’t the response you want, but you may just need to call them and work out a resolution.