Still no Total Mayhem :- (

I haven’t found any info stating that it’s been removed so I would take that as misinformation.

Mayhem is the least played arcade game, going by the queue times for them, so it’s no wonder they removed it or are planning to remove it

Mayhem is the second most popular according to the poll the devs did. And I can’t say my experience with queues has been the same as yours, quite the opposite really.

17 Likes

I rarely had significant queue times for Mayhem, so I don’t know what you experienced.

I’m just sad that Gauntlet has already come back before Mayhem has. This is like the exact opposite of what I want in the game.

14 Likes

Rejoice to heavens!!

According to this poll → Poll: What's your favorite Arcade Mode? Total Mayhem is the second most played arcade game, after an arcade mode that’s in the arcade permanently. I think that’s kinda telling. Granted the poll is a year old, but I’m pretty confident the results would still be the same given the amount of people I’ve met that play this game solely for Total Mayhem.

16 Likes

There was also an apparent 40 million players last year, safe to say that things can change drastically in a year (About this topic, this number was thrown around during the last anniversary event, not sure why they didn’t update it during this anniversary, they must not be too happy with the numbers.) . I’ve always had long queue times for mayhem, might just be a play region thing

1 Like

Yeah, it does seem odd. I personally loved it second only to no limits

2 Likes

That’s fair, the numbers have gone down in the past year. I only started playing about a year ago myself and Total Mayhem quickly became my favorite mode, and from what I’ve seen it’s got a very loving community that really loves it. Even if it wasn’t still the second most popular mode I would like to see it in the arcade again. :- )

4 Likes

lol, Every time I que for mayhem it’s insta que full lobbies, different people everymatch, Late at night in US, its mainly the same people, but it is always insta que

13 Likes

Same. The wife and I have always had instant Total Mayhem matches.

4 Likes

I’m kind of peeved that they put that Workshop game mode into the rotation. I assume they did the same for the other one. I just don’t like them compared to Total Mayhem.

11 Likes

Considering the entire anniversary event only rotated out one weekly mode per week, three weeks of that is equivalent to a single week in normal rotation. Meaning we havent had mayhem for just over two weeks. I’ve definitely seen it gone for much longer than that before.

3 Likes

No they reached 40 million copies sold last year and they were happy about that and wanted to share it

Because they didnt hit another big milestone like selling 40 million copies?

1 Like

Nope, you’re wrong. Straight from Jeff’s mouth, “we now have 40 million players, which is amazing” As in concurrent, otherwise he would of said “copies sold” Here’s the video, just remove the space h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rge4Wo508U

If you’re going to defend them, at least get your facts straight

That’s true, I definitely remember it being gone longer than a couple of weeks but still… with the addition of the workshop games into the regular rotation of the arcade it’s got me a little worried.

5 Likes

40 million players does not mean how many are actively playing it means we’ve sold 40 million copies

1 Like

There’s literally no difference between playing a game you like in a custom game vs automated queue. Your level does not matter. It’s okay if you gain less exp for a bit by taking some time to mess around in customs.

40 million copies sold means 40 million copies sold, not whatever twisted definition you seem to believe in

1 Like

There is a pretty big difference, I think. Having tried playing custom games with people that also love Total Mayhem, it’s completely different. Most people don’t have an incentive to play the game (less xp, no weekly lootboxes) and while I love the game and stayed in the lobby even after losing a lot of people quit after a loss, and there’s no backfill like there would be in an automated queue.

9 Likes