Still no Total Mayhem :- (

40 million players does not mean how many are actively playing it means we’ve sold 40 million copies

1 Like

There’s literally no difference between playing a game you like in a custom game vs automated queue. Your level does not matter. It’s okay if you gain less exp for a bit by taking some time to mess around in customs.

40 million copies sold means 40 million copies sold, not whatever twisted definition you seem to believe in

1 Like

There is a pretty big difference, I think. Having tried playing custom games with people that also love Total Mayhem, it’s completely different. Most people don’t have an incentive to play the game (less xp, no weekly lootboxes) and while I love the game and stayed in the lobby even after losing a lot of people quit after a loss, and there’s no backfill like there would be in an automated queue.

9 Likes

To have 40 million players you need to sell 40 million copies its as simple as they were proud of this accomplishments and wanted to share it, to put what you did to me onto you, they never said all 40 million players were active just that there were 40 million players

1 Like

This is due to the match duration more than anything as they are naturally longer than a QP match. There’s some kind of rhythm for when matches end and there’s people in the queue, otherwise most players are in a game and are currently busy enjoying the mode. If you enable skirmish you typically find quite a lot of people in there and they all wait till they can slide into the aforementioned rhythm.

1 Like

Do you know what player means? “a person taking part in a sport or game.” Taking part, which means to be actively playing it and contributing, not buying it and then forgetting about it. Once you’ve done that, you’re no longer a player, by definition. If they’re not active, then player was not the correct choice of word.

By definition your not a player, by the count the devs see they still are, and you act like Jeff is always correct with his choice of words, need I remind you the D.Va skin fiasco where he said it would be internet breaking and surprise surprise many people were upset it didnt meet the standards jeff put out

1 Like

Never said I was, I only come around the forums because the game itself is so unbearable. Jeff is almost never correct, but let’s not pretend he wasn’t reading from a script which was typed out for him, as with the D.va, that was seemingly his opinion, not a statistically backed claim. Two very different scenarios

Well said and there’s nothing like the feeling of winning on Attack in Mayhem and getting a loot box for it!!! :sunglasses:

Many people in chat say you can’t win in Mayhem on Attack, but that’s when they don’t have THE ICE on their team :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Lol I agree, I much prefer playing on attack. More challenging.

1 Like

On attack?

Zarya
Mei
Sombra
D.Va
Symetra
Moira

:gun::smiling_imp: FORM THE DEATHBALL!!!

2 Likes

#BummedoutfromNoTotalMayhem

4 Likes

I play on PS4 and when Mayhem wasn’t in arcade, I made a custom lobby. I let it sit for 2 hours and maybe 3 people came and left. It’s not viable for custom…

Have they ever said why they don’t make 2 pages of arcade? I feel that would solve a lot of problems. A little of everything~

Anyway… I am also missing mayhem and admit I felt a bit of bitterness that we had a MONTH of hero gauntlet and it’s back again today in daily rotation…

9 Likes

I think the reason there’s only a few arcade modes in rotation is to prevent longer queue times. :- (

Probably by myself on this but I miss CTF :frowning:

3 Likes

It’s been almost 5 weeks without Total Mayhem and I think it’s unfair to discount most of those weeks simply because of the event. Most of the spots in the arcade were filled with non-event related game modes (FFA Mirrored Deathmatch, Myst. Heroes, 3v3 Elim, Hero Gauntlet, 4v4 TDM, etc.) The only ‘event game mode’ was the daily slot.

3v3 elim or FFA was no more fitting to be in the arcade that month than Total Mayhem, so I think it’s unfair to discount those weeks. It’s been 5 weeks without Total Mayhem, and those weeks came soon after Jeff made a statement about how he personally dislikes Total Mayhem. That is significant in my opinion.

10 Likes

You’re not by yourself! I know some people who love CTF too. We stand united ;o;

2 Likes

It is extremely disheartening to see people recommend “Just play Total Mayhem in custom games.” since there’s already a preset. I find it funny how Hero Gauntlet (a game mode curated from the workshop) was fit into arcades regular rotation even after the event ended.

It takes up an unnecessary spot, since now Mystery Heroes is permanent our choices limits down. It’s literally a game mode made for custom games and people are already playing it there.

10 Likes

That’s true! What’s frustrating about it for me when I see the retort of using custom games is that well, it’s difficult to arrange a full lobby for a team based game mode. Meanwhile FFA DM and similar game modes are super easy to set up, you don’t really need to organize anything ahead of them (ahem, Mayhem Fiends lol) and the lobbies fill up super quick since it’s a each man for his own type game mode.

And yet these types of modes riddle the arcade, kinda sucks especially knowing they can be easily done in custom games.

7 Likes