Steve-O Says He's Tired of Symmetra Mains Complaining About Her Primary Fire. It's Better Than Ever!

Eh, it’s really good if you have a barrier to charge off of, which is quite prevalent.
I see his reasoning.

1 Like

We’ve been through this already many times.

It’s because Symmetra is barely played and when she is, she’s used only when she is sure to win – or offers an overwhelming advantage. In her current incarnation, it’s usually on offense and taking a 2 cap.

When it’s over, you swap. This results in an artificially high ‘win rate’ because it’s competitive.

Now compare her in Quickplay, where people might just play her across all maps – and consider her actual winrate across the population there, where people will just play her naturally. I expect it to be much lower.

2 Likes

And it’s not hard to

A) Note you like the rework, or you’re fine with 3.0. I know I am and I’ve stated this many times. While also.

B) Noting there are design issues that could be addressed.

You can hold two thoughts in your head at the same time. It’s astounding, I know.

3 Likes

Idk I see idiots at my rank run up to the enemy front line and get deleted pretty often. Wouldn’t recommend to a no-survivability hero. Especially since even when that works, it means taking yourself out of the fight for 4 whole seconds which can be enough to decide it’s outcome before you’ve done anything but shoot an inanimate object. So impactful, so fuuun.

Stevo is far from the only experienced Symmetra player.

Everyone, please check out Raihan. He’s amazing dare I say better than Stevo.
I still love my collection of Sym youtubers, luminum, Hoshi and Stevo but lately I discovered Raihan and he has simply mastered this new version of Symmetra and showcases what is truly possible with her.

That being said, he doesn’t use her primary much unless it’s definitely a good opportunity. The primary fire is trash on its own. You NEED barriers or large tank targets in order to charge up easily before you can go to town and that’s if you even have decent aim.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Can’t really compare it to Zarya.
She doesn’t have 3 50 dps turrets.

8 Likes

I feel like those who practice aiming with it apreciate the added damage. i sure do. and when you get it to 180 i reccomend ignoring tanks and obliterating the squishies. i dont think she needs a base damage boost personally. i think she needs a range adjustment of 15 to 20 meters. as much as id love to kill everyone with a 20 meter beam, it should probably be just 15 meters.
what might also help is if you could gain damage ramp without hitting a target at the cost of not carrying any ramp over to your next reload. this would help less acurate players and be a buff for skilled players as well and if the beam was like this i think that 10 meters would be a fine range becaue you could choose to constantly run around with a near empty 180 dps beam.

point is, her beam is pretty much fine i just think a slight range boost would be great.

1 Like

Yes i really can Sym is a dps now her primary fire is weaker than a tanks, dps are meant to secure kills which she cannot do untill her beam reaches stage 2 or 3. and her turrets are used defensively not offensively yes they are powerful but they require setup time.

I wouldn’t say it’s trash but still needs buffs tbh. Part of the problem with her M1 is also her lack of survivability which if we fix that could make her so much better.

huh? you can use them offensivly just need to be smart. also WHAT ABOUT HER ORBS!!!

dude don’t even the only time you could set ur turrets up during a fight is if the enemy is either thick or distracted, anyone with a brain will take the turrets out mid flight. and her orbs are great which makes her primary feel even worse by comparison the fact you are better off continuing to use your secondary on a squishy in melee range is a dumb design.

so everyone, then?

the beam has always been oportunistic. but even if they turn around to destroy your turret thats like 1 second they arent shooting at ou or 1 or more where they take 50 dps there are other variables but in 1v1 situations thats what is going on it is at least a distraction

well stevoo is right, she is better now.

also i see less hate torwards ppl picking symm. it only starts when ppl do not communicate, dont play with the team and dont switch when symm is not working.

1 Like

You do realize that it’s totally possible to safely farm shields behind your own shield tank, right? Why are we working under the assumption that Sym is ALWAYS running into 6 people alone while standing in front of Rein’s shield?

5 Likes

I don’t… I get upset for the moment in the heat of the battle but other than that no… cause it’s normal.

Talking about counters. She counters no one.

1 Like

shrug.

You see this sort of thing sometimes with really good players. Some of them can compensate for certain design flaws pretty well, so they don’t really see a problem. It’s good to be deferential to experience, but skill and understanding aren’t necessarily one-to-one.

I can pretty much guarantee you that if they added 30 damage to Roadhog’s hook, but decreased the projectile speed and increasing the precision required so severely that the average player’s hook accuracy dropped to 10%, that there would be top level players that would say “Roadhog is overpowered, quit complaining”… It happens. It’s just a data point. Not gospel.

I think the evidence is against this particular streamer’s opinion in this case.

3 Likes

one second for a 10sec cd… wow worth it and yes dear her beam has always been niche and reliant on specific circumstance lining up when she was a support! she is now a dps she takes a dps slot up in a game where there are only 6 slots each person must fill their given role and fill it well starting at 60dps would be fine longer ramp up time would be fine if she still had lock on but she doesn’t she requires god like accuracy for little payoff untill she reaches rank 2 where her primary damage becomes useful, if her base starting damage was higher and her 2nd and 3rd levels were just the icing on the cake she would be a very viable hero she is more viable than before but not by enough.