Steve-O Says He's Tired of Symmetra Mains Complaining About Her Primary Fire. It's Better Than Ever!

Today, I asked Steve-O in his stream (twitchtv/just_steveo) what he thought of Sym mains obsessively complaining about her primary fire instead of appreciating the benefits of her rework, and he said quite frankly that he’s sick of it, and they need to shut the expletive up, because it’s better than ever. For those who don’t know Steve-O, he’s a 4400 SR Symmetra one trick with thousands of hours on her.

75 Likes

Don’t care if he doesn’t value other peoples opinions his is worthless as well. her primary fire is amazing and awful if it started at say 100 and fixed the tick rate it would be perfect but as it stands it needs to be changed end of.

43 Likes

It needs 66%+ accuracy to match the damage output of her old primary. Case closed.

126 Likes

I can appreciate the benefits of the rework and still point out its flaws.
just because 1 good thing happened doesn’t mean that any bad things should be ignored.

46 Likes

I adore stevo but I disagree with him. Other people at his level know that it could use some help.

I don’t need it to do more top end damage, but if it did some more bottom end damage (80/130/180 instead of 60/120/180, for example) and/or had an armor piercing effect (would be great) and/or fixed the tickrate, we’d be good.

23 Likes

Or you can just farm a shield.

11 Likes

I understand why but doesn’t mean it’s perfect.

The primary is underrated even if it’s not at its best state in my opinion.

It’s useless most of the time but useful in niche situations, you have to build up the beam for it to be good.

1 Like

Because that is always an option to do safely. It is not like shields are usually the places where the enemy team gathers for protection or similar.

Thing is I am already beeing extremely generous to the new primary by saying 66%, because that assumes the beam is at max charge and you are hunting for targets, at which point you do need 66% accuracy to deal 120 dps.

However, in reality this is not how it will usually go down for two reasons. Increased charge time and tick rate. Symmetra needs twice as long to charge her weapon compared to her old one, further increased by her need to aim, that means that charging up on anything that is not a stationary barrier easily takes 5 - 6 seconds.

But that is not all. Her current tickrate on her weapon, a whooping 20 ticks a second, means her damage is litterally cut in half by armor.

Now…who is usually right behind that shield you are charging on for 4 seconds…the tank. What does the tank usually have? Armor. Congratulations, you just spent 4 seconds charging in order to deal an amazing 90 dps against armored targets, with short range…and that is if you can sustain a 100% accuracy.

Good luck pal.

49 Likes

I am actually watching Steve-O farm GM Reinhardts for full charge in every game he plays. I don’t want to hear your excuses.

18 Likes

STARTED AT 100 OMEGALUL!

Dude, that’s almost as much as a full charge Zarya beam… for free, always, instantly.

11 Likes

I’m not sure if you’re just being dense, but Zarya with ZERO charge does 95 dps. Not max.

39 Likes

Are we talking 100 charge or 100dps?

Full charge would be insane.

100dps would be trash.

Considering they were talking about “making it perfect” I didn’t think they would suggest a hard nerf to it. Maybe I’m being dense but I maintain that I’m in the right to assume they meant full ramp.

1 Like

Just to clarify, is he saying that her kit as a whole is better than ever, or that her primary fire is better than ever? Haven’t had a chance to watch him in a while.

They were likely talking about having it start at 100 dps instead of 60.

The primary fire. He’s still live btw.

Really? I thought he was one of the ones saying not to bother with it and just use orbs and sentry teleporting to get kills? I know he’s said that her kit overall is better which I agree with, but I can’t agree that her primary is better.

4 Likes

Yes her beam should start at 100 or even 120 then progress to 150 then 180 she is a damage hero and she should have respectable damage right off the bat

9 Likes

Look through some of the Doomfist nerf threads or the Mercy threads in general - the forums are irrational and out of touch.

I could honestly see someone asking for 100 ramp right off the bat with the excuse that it “encourages tracking too much for Symmetra” or something similar.

9 Likes

His opinion is pretty dumb, not gonna lie

5 Likes

Look at the post right above yours :rofl:

1 Like